“Beyond expectations ....WAY beyond!”
Review of Israel Extreme

Israel Extreme
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer custom-designed off-the-beaten-track adventure tours that include rock climbing, rappelling, hiking, swimming, kayaking, winery tours, ATVing, caving, historical sites, and almost any adventure tours that you want to do anywhere in Israel (and/or Jordan!). Our adventures can be various lengths, difficulties and prices, according to your interests. For groups of any size.
Reviewed January 28, 2017

We were a 12 year old boy, 10 year old girl, and a nervous dad. Our guide, Betachya, met us in Jerusalem where we rented a car and drove into the middle of nowhere. (We were doing Fox's Chimney activity.) We suited up and headed up the long steep climb - and then repelled down a craggy drop - "just lean back" Betachya told me - YOU just lean back! I nervously joked. I gave in and so did the kids and the rush of the experience began. We did 2 repells, walked through pitch black caves, and crawled on our bellies through tight spots -it was awesome. Betachya was fantastic, his enjoyment increased ours -nothing jaded or tired about him or his leading the day.
The first time I spoke with Moshe - the owner - I was struck by his passion as he described the different activities. Chana from the office was extremely patient and helpful as I worked to coordinate this with the other activities of our trip.
I cannot think of a single thing I would change or suggest as an improvement. 100% do it!!

All reviews
"unique experience"
"great fun"
"great guide"

Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

Our guide was amazing and went above and beyond all that was expected. It was truly an adventure we will remember forever!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2017

There are two things that make a great guided adventure - your guide (and the company), and the adventure itself.

The Adventure: I went to Israel in the Winter with two of my closest friends from Colorado, and our standard for a worthy adventure is pretty high. We had already planned to do many of the typical Israel things, but wanted to get some outdoorsy things in as well. We had originally wanted to do a Black Canyon hike, which involved rappelling down waterfalls, but were told that it was a summer trip. Our second option was The Salt Wonder, and it was one of the most amazing things we've ever seen. A short drive from Jerusalem, you literally pulled off the side of the road to a relatively unmarked trail, hike up a mountain overlooking the Dead Sea, and rappel into one of the only natural salt cave in the world with nothing but a headlamp. Pictures can't do it justice. But that's just the beginning. You then navigate through the salt cave, crouching and crawling around some of the most beautiful and unbelievable natural features on your way out of the cave. Stalactites and stalagmites sparkle as you follow the twists and turns out of the cave. It's clear that the cave itself is a well kept secret. It's in pristine condition, and not a single other Israeli we bragged to afterward had even heard of it! One of the highlights of our entire time in Israel hands down.

The Company/Guide: I can't say enough about Israel Extreme. We were taking a risk even trying to book with such short notice, and doing so in a country where we had no phone access - all via email when we had rare wifi service. I had lots of questions regarding logistics and some of the administrative work, and the company was incredibly helpful, quick to respond, and easy to work with. We were backpacking across Israel, Egypt, and Jordan, and did not have reliable transportation or communication at all times. The company worked with us to arrange travel with our guide, and meet us at the border ready to go! At every step along the way, the Field Director (Daniel) was ensuring all of our needs and requests were met, even with last minute changes, and that we were taken care of with utmost respect and excitement! Our guide Miriam was also THE BEST. She was so friendly, fun, and truly felt like a close friend by the end of our trip. She helped us find transportation back to Tel Aviv, and went out of her way to make sure we were having a great time. She was knowledgeable about the cave, pointing out all of the coolest features, as well being patient with us as we took far too many photos :). We felt so comfortable with her, and had already developed inside jokes, swapping information in case she gets to come visit us in the US.

Overall - I can't say enough about Israel Extreme and our time with them. If you don't book, you're missing out!

Reviewed December 29, 2016

I have now booked 2 different outings with Israel Extreme and can tell you it is a spectacular experience. This most recent extraordinary day was spent with our guide Daniel. We repelled, swung on ropes, and caved for a day. A real adventure led by a tremendous guide. Moshe runs a great operation and is so professional and organized. These guys are the real thing and make a trip to Israel complete!

1  Thank daveyb004