“Bad service, dirty room”
Review of Armon Hayarkon

Armon Hayarkon
Ranked #70 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Berlin, Germany
“Bad service, dirty room”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We arrived in the middle of the night and were shocked by the bad shape of the hotel. No service at all. Also no god parking possibility, we had to leave the keys of our rented car with the guy at the reception - very strange!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Acacias_Niteroi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
nyc
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I was helped by staff, particularly Benny Osher when I needed help. And Sharon was very helpful as well

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I think someone unseen must have rigged my stay at this hotel. Normally, I would pick a more showy (and more expensive) hotel, but the taxi driver recommended this one. I'm very glad I took it, as I likely would have never received the personalized care I needed at other hotels. This hotel is located on a corner of a main street in Tel Aviv, very near the sea shore, shopping, and a bicycle-rental place. The rooms are clean and adequate (no, not super-plush compared to USA rooms, but you pay more for these, and my room was for sleeping). There was an excellent, free breakfast included in the price (fish, fruit, and more). The lobby is very pleasing, with an available computer (free internet!) and a coffee bar. I enjoyed the lobby, as during the course of an hour, I saw customers from all over the world (Spain, Russia, USA, France?, Hebrew) being taken care of by an amazingly multi-lingual staff person (Ben). But what was most amazing was the extraordinary personal care I received by Ben. The occasion for me being in Israel was burial of my mother -- I was in a state of shock and grief, and didn't really care which hotel I stayed at. However, due to jet-lag, I couldn't sleep and came down to the lobby just before midnight. Ben inquired as to whether I needed anything, and I burst into tears, crying just like a child who had lost her mother. He hadn't known anything was wrong, but he immediately brought out the tea, sat me down, and listened to me cry, blubber, and spill my guts. I would never expect staff to do this much, but Ben went beyond even this. The next day, he called the cemetery for me, and spoke with their staff (they didn't speak English, only Russian and Hebrew) to make arrangements for the grave marker. He even called them after I left the hotel -- this is staff, people that genuinely care! No, don't go there expecting a free counselor, but know that if you are a traveler who doesn't speak Hebrew, the staff there really cares and is very competent. Both my mother and I are grateful to Ben and the hotel; I'm really glad I stayed!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank worldrunner2011
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 15, 2011

This hotel is located within two blocks of the beach and in a great part of town. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Reuven was extremely helpful with my check-in and during my stay then Sharon went out of her way to help me during check-out. My stay was complicated because I was moving to the city and my apartment was not ready when I arrived so I had tons of luggage and logistical challenges. Reuven and Sharon handled them all with poise and cheer plus they speak good English. I highly recommend them.
The hotel itself is good. It's not luxury but very clean and comfortable rooms. The price is 1/3 of the nearby chains and definitely the best value. The price also includes breakfast in the morning which makes it an even better deal.
I will stay here again next time I need a place in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
london
Reviewed February 14, 2011

The Hotel is at the wrong end of Hayarkon St and is most definately NOT a five minute walk to the centre, more like 15 to 20 mins.

It smells of smoke, is on the main road so the noise of cars at night makes it impossible to sleep if you are at the front. The rooms are incredibly small and close together so the sound of other guests coming and going is very intrusive.

The hot water is operated by a switch outside the bathroom (which no-one tells you about) and you have to wait 30mins for it to heat before you can have a bath. If you leave the bath standing (as I did )for several minutes, the water runs away because the plug doesn't fit properly!!!

The hotel's saving grace was the receptionist Sharon Levy and the young man who checked us in. Both went out of their way to be extremely helpful (even when trying to find telephone numbers of alternative hotels when I checked out after one night!)

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank rosscott
Perth
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Older hotel near old port. Rooms small but clean. Staff exceptionally helpful. Flaky Internet.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The rooms are a bit smaller than to be expected for the price but very clean, especially the bathrooms. Also, the rooms we stayed in were facing the street (Hayarkon) and were therefore a bit loud.
However, the service was very good. We got several good restaurant recomondations by the service staff. They are a bit unusual however, so it might not be everyone's idea of good service. It is more of a familiar service than a strictly professional service

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple