“Super-relaxing, CLEAN friendly hotel!”
Review of Armon Hayarkon

Armon Hayarkon
Ranked #70 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Omaha, Nebraska
“Super-relaxing, CLEAN friendly hotel!”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We were looking for a getaway and I came across this little place. It was 420 NIS a night for us Israeli citizens (if you're from out of the country, it costs $110 during this time of year). We stayed for 2 nights. All the rooms are renovated, and we got exactly what we requested. Sharon at the front is VERY happy and friendly and is willing to help accommodate you in anything, and the rooms were exceptionally clean and had a nice layout.

We had all of the relevant TV stations, a mini-fridge, and a nice big window for letting in fresh air. Another plus was the 1 big bed - in Israel, often there are 2 beds put together, but this was really 1 bed, not 2 pushed together, and not 2 pushed together with a large cushion over them to make it look flat.

Downside: no Shampoos in the rooms. There are soap dispensers on the walls - 1 by the sink in the toilet for hand washing, and 1 in the shower with shower gel. Bring shampoo! Another downside was that our A/C leaked each night, and it was on the same temperature at night as it was on during the day when we were in the room, and we switched it off when we left, so I don't know what the deal was. The guy at the front desk said he'd call a repair man and let me know whether or not he was coming, and if he was not coming that we could switch rooms, but he never called me back. The leak was from the ceiling in the bathroom, so I opened the trash can and put it under the drip and laid a towel down. That temporarily solved the problem.

Another downside was the shower door - it's half a glass wall. When we used the douche off of the holder on the wall, the water just splashed out of the tub and wet the whole floor and the toilet, making it slightly hazardous if you are showering or just standing in the bathroom.

HOWEVER, it was one of the best hotels I've ever been to in Tel Aviv that was for such a low price. It was right by the Namal promenade which has plenty of dining and shopping, along with an ocean breeze from the Mediterranean Sea and lots of long boardwalk for going on a walk.

We had a great getaway!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
Cucuta, Colombia
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Good service, reasonable price, good location, close to the beach, easy to locate

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We unexpectedly had to find a room in Tel Aviv around midnight and ended up at the Armon Hayarkon based on a recommendation. The staff was unfailingly helpful and friendly and the room while not particularly large was spotless and obviously updated in recent years. Given the terrific location near the beach and first-rate service, I have to say that we received great value. I highly recommend the hotel, especially for those traveling on a budget.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2010

My wife and I had trouble finding a hotel to stay in when we arrived in Tel Aviv. We are so thankful that we found this hotel. The rooms were clean and nice, the location was great, the price was right and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We will be back on our next visit to Israel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was just right with comfortable beds. The location was good. The service was very good with very helpful staff at reception. All in all it represented good value for money in a city where hotels are expensive.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 27, 2010

A bed, airconn, wi-fi, free breakfast (although we didn't try it.)

Hotels in Tel Aviv are so overpriced. Armon Hayarkon is fairly clean (bathroom was clean but carpet was dirty) and located close to the beach. Hotel staff is very helpful.
Not bad, but I would stay in Jaffa instead,

268 Hayarkon St. 972-3-605-8485

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I've been to Israel many times, but usually stayed with friends or in a short term apartment rather than a hotel. I have always found the hotels in Tel Aviv to be overpriced and short on comfort and amenities.

On my last trip, I didn't have my usual options available due to it being the high season and friends being away, so I had to book a hotel. After some research I decided to go with Armon Hayarkon because it was one of the more affordable options. Additionally, the area was quite central and it seemed to be a reasonable compromise between the ultra high end chains and the glorified hostels that litter Ben Yehuda Street.

After an 11 hour flight and a crazy ride from the airport in the summer heat, I finally arrived at the hotel. I wasn't overly impressed with the exterior or the lobby, but I knew what I was in for beforehand so I can't say I was crushed. The room wasn't ready and despite my request for an early check in, they wouldn't budge and let me take the room until check in time. That was a bit of a let down.

When check in time arrived, I got a room on the 2nd floor, which faced the back and was very quiet, a nice perk since the hotel sits on Hayarkon Street, a very busy street 24/7. The room was very dated, though clean. After setting my things down, I noticed just how poorly the room was laid out. It was basically a queen size bed with about 5 inches of space around 3 sides. In that space they put 2 small tables, a console, and a luggage stand. On the 4th side there was a massive dresser which jammed up the only semblance of space in the room, and a bathroom.

There was literally no room to move around or do anything. I basically walked in and sat on the bed. Not a huge concern, because I didn't plan to spend a lot of time in the room. But for the time I did spend in the room (and wasn't asleep), it was a bit uncomfortable.

Regarding amenities, it was a mixed bag; a very outdated tube TV with basic cable that was mounted on the wall, a small fridge, wired internet, and a phone. That was about it. On the plus side, the internet was actually pretty good speed and free.

I really didn't have much interaction with the service team, though I should relate something funny that happened with them. This hotel, by far, has the WORST quality toilet paper I ever had in a hotel. It was like using an coarse newspaper that broke into tiny bits whenever you touched it. So, I decided to go to the AM-PM mini market on Ben Yehuda and get some of the more normal kind. A good solution right? Well, the next day when I got back after housecleaning stopped by, I noticed that the 4 rolls I bought were gone, replaced by 2 more of the hotel rolls. They hijacked my toilet paper! It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing. Anyway, I left with the memory that I had to hide the subsequent toilet paper I bought in my suitcase, so it wouldn't be stolen.

Not a recommended property. Worth the extra cash to stay at a higher class hotel in the city.

Pros - Decent pricing compared to most hotels in Tel Aviv, good quality and free internet, outstanding location.

Cons - Outdated furnishings, mediocre bedding, room in bad need of refurbishing, horrible quality toilet paper!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo