“Very disappointing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv Apartments
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I researched fully for 2 months before settling on an apartment to rent in Yona Hanavi Street, using telaviv-apartments.com. I am a mother of a 22 year old and a 19 year old. I emailed certain requirements 4 months before setting off for Tel Aviv, one of them being that I would not take the apartment if there were any sofa beds. I was assured over and over that we all had beds in our 3 bedroom apartment. My bed was a sofa bed!!!! I was very upset as have a bad back. After being met by Ralph, the owner of the agency, I told him of my concerns about the apartment but had not yet seen quite a bit. After I had, I called Ralph. It was Friday late afternoon and because it was Shabbat, I didn't reach him until Sunday. He had not told us the code to get into the building so I was locked out late on Friday night. We had been given the wrong keys so had to leave the one that worked in a cupboard between 2 flats and since the other apartment on our floor was occupied by 7 x 18 year olds, they also put their keys in the same place!!!! and knew we did! Very unsafe for all! These 18 year olds sat on the floor outside our apartment as they had no wifi and although Ralph promised to fix it for them, it never happened. They were out there, playing loud music until 2am. Really nice kids, but it's not what you want. All the cutlery was shoved into a drawer, no utensil holder. This was quickly rectified. No cupboards at all in the 2nd bedroom so nowhere for one of my 20 year olds to put a single thing. No drawers, nothing! My cupboards were broken. Sofa was very torn. We hadn't been given another number to contact Friday or Saturday so left the key in the cupboard until the Sunday. Ralph didn't seem to think any of this was a problem, or at least no big deal. A mattress finally got brought on the Wed after we arrived for my sofabed. There was nothing in the apartment, no cleaning products, no mop, no broom, no dustpan and brush, no spray, no cloth, no bleach, nothing at all. No tea, coffee, soap. I was completely shocked. Ralph asked me what I would do if I was staying in a hotel??!!!! Duh!!!!!!!!!! When I complained the first day, he told me to pack and get out. I ignored him, and later when I passed him in the street he apologised. I won't be going to any apartments through him again. Ryan, who works there is a really nice guy, but he doesn't run the agency! The only good part is that it was very near the beach. It looks nothing like the photos and the quality of sheets, pillows etc was awful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank Alison4444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I've spent the last two months working in Tel-Aviv and my employer put me up in what looked like a beautiful apartment blocks from the beach. This very expensive flat was advertised as fully furnished with internet, cable TV, washer, dryer, and a balcony. Not only was there no dryer or internet (for the first and last week of my stay), the automatic shutters wouldn't close and the hot water was sporadic to say the least. Oh, and there was no place to hang clothes. And the place was filthy when I arrived. The balcony was litered with garbage and junk. And there were cockroaches strewn up and down the hallways and stair cases. There were a myriad of other problems as well, but I think you probably get the point.

I have never written a negative review of anything before, but the manager of this building, Ralph, is truly one of the biggest liars I have ever met and people should be warned to stay away from him and his buildings. If he tells you he will do something in ten minutes, he either doesn't do it at all, or it takes days, even weeks longer than he promised. His word means nothing. It's truly astounding how he can lie to your face day after day. He always has an excuse for everything. I know this is a particularly harsh assessment, but I strongly suggest that you look elsewhere before renting from Ralph.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank hatcher88

Travelers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Gloucester, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

A friend and I spent the whole of July 2010 traveling the Middle East, mainly staying in hostels and cheap hotels. In our last destination, Tel Aviv, we decided to spend more money and rent an apartment so we could relax. After many weeks of searching on the internet before we left, i found Tel Aviv Apartments and shared a couple of e-mails with the owner, Raplh, and reserved for $120 the one bedroom apartment. We then proceeded on our travels, e-mailing to confirm we would be arriving on the 24th at approximately 1pm. We we're telephoned by the owner and told that as it was Shabat in Israel, we would have to ring a member of their staff to get let in the apartment as the office would be closed, which we did not mind at all, and set off from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv. On arrival at the building on 45 HaYarkon St, we rang the phone number we had been given to discover it was the wrong number. The office was shut and there was noone to be seen. After two hours of literally just sitting on the street with all our luggage, a man with a bicycle who had been walking in and out of the building announced that he was the man we were supposed to be telephoning and showed us in to a studio apartment, even though we had the hard copy email which showed we had booked the one bedroom. His english was not up to much so we decided to wait it out in the studio as it was better than being sat on the street. That evening the owner arrived and announced that there was no one bedroom available but we could have the studio at a discounted rate for the five nights. The studio flat was perfectly ample, however the website describes it as "large studio suite" which it definitely was not. The website also claims that all apartments have a DVD player, which ours did not, and a fully stocked kitchen which ours did not (we only had one bowl and two plates). The sink also had no plug and there was no clear way of doing any washing up. We were not shown into the apartment and therefore did not realise that a button must be pressed to achieve hot water, or that rubbish collection is on a tuesday morning, or that check out is at 11am etc. Overall, the apartment was not what we asked for but sufficed as we were tired from our travels. The staff were unfriendly and the apartment was not as described. I would definitely not use Tel Aviv Apartments again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank jdfre123
Roma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

There was exactly everything I needed, and more, with a reasonable price.
Ralph helped me in with their free wi-fi internet connection, and I was able to stay relaxed and trouble-free for one month.
Great place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Boston Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

The name of the apartment online is Suite-Blue. My husband and I went to Tel Aviv with family and rented this apartment online at www.hapi.co.il/tel-aviv-vacation.html. What you see in the pictures of the apartment online is what you get. It was new, very clean and comfortable with everything you need, dishes, linens, towels, etc. We were very happy with the apartment. We had to pay for the electricity separately which came to $30usd for 1 full week. We rented a car, and I would suggest renting a GPS at the airport, unless you know the streets of Tel Aviv. We had a hard time finding it when we arrived.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JazzyBostonMA
Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

Me and my friend stayed in a studio of 1 bed and a sofa/bed, the place was very clean when we got there and Fernando supplied us with everything we need (towels, toilette paper, kitchen utensils, etc), he also changed linens and towels once a week, my bed was veryyy comfortable and everything was excelent. Ralph was also always very nice asking us from time to time if everything was k or if we were needing something. I would definitly come back here :)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pix00
Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

We stayed in our 1 Bedroom with Balcony apartment for 30 days. We found it to be an excellent value compared to other apartments of the same size. The owner (Ralph) and the Maintenance person (Fernando) were extremely friendly and cooperative. The location was one of the best in Tel Aviv. In addition to the proximity to the beach, just about every bus/sherut/taxi in Tel Aviv is within 50 meters of the front door. A one hour walk in either direction along the promanade would take you to Jaffa in the South, or the Port District in the North. A 15 minute walk along Allenby takes you to the HaCarmel Market--a must see in Tel Aviv. Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff streets with cafes, shops, etc are equally close by.

Our U.S. t-mobile cell phone wouldn't work so Ralph gave us one of his. Our coffee maker quit and Fernando had a new one in the apartment in 15 minutes.

It is true that there were some noisy nights, but it's the beach area--have you ever been to South Beach on Miami Beach, Florida? Now that's noise. It's also true that the Term "Luxury" can be interpreted based upon ones experiences. Having been in many places around the world, we felt this was one of the best for this price range and will certainly return in the future.

We ate all our meals in the apartment (I love to cook) and found everything I needed--utensils, pots and pans, dishes. The apartment had high speed internet access, TV, and a DVD player.

If you want to be near the ocean, nightlife, restaurants, etc, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grampy46
Sigalie, Owner at Tel Aviv Apartments, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Great Vacation - Will come back next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tel Aviv
Okeanos Bamarina Exclusive Suites Hotel
Orchid Okeanos Boutiqe Herzlia
Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya
Marine Heights Apartment Hotel

Been to Tel Aviv Apartments? Share your experiences!