“Overrated”

Ranked #256 of 1,667 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan, Israeli
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Established in early 2014, Tangier is a popular Moroccan themed local bar located next to Rothschild Boulevard at the heart of the center of Tel Aviv. Tangier is especially known for its unique "unlimited refill" drinking model, in which guests purchase a wristband that provides them with all night, unlimited quality alcoholic drinks. Tangier has also made itself a name for its hot Urban-Moroccan atmosphere. Tangier's design is warm and colorful. It blends the vibe of the Moroccan-Arabic classic architecture and the lively ambience of Tangier City's variegated Markets and Midtown Streets. Tangier's kitchen serves authentic Moroccan cuisine with a slight Israeli twist. The bar offers exotic cocktails based on exotic North African fruits and spices. Electronic non-nicotine Hookahs are offered free of charge to all guests.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Long wait to get in...poor selection of drinks and bad service. Way overrated. Plenty of other better bars in TLV.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went to this bar on the great reviews, however I was very disappointed.

After waiting for a long time I had to make myself known to the bar staff. Although the selection of beers was good, I would not recommend this bar for food. I ordered a platter but it was basic, salty and greasy. It was reasonably priced, though.

I was told I had to leave my card with the bar staff as a deposit. I was told this was commonplace in Israel but this was the first time during my two week staff.

We were also encouraged to leave a good review as we would receive a free chaser. Perhaps this is how it is ranked so highly...

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Wasn't a fan of the food here, but loved the place.

1 - It was $15 for all you can drink sangria, beer or wine. (top shelf liquor was more)
2 - It is a Moroccan scene with cool "flair" and great music.
3 - They had "e" hookahs. Never even heard of this before.
4 - Really nice bartending staff.

1  Thank JamboJourney
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Good food. Free refills on your drinks, but they get slower when the bar fills up. Leave the car at home! :)

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Tangier is one of my favorite bars in tel aviv. great atmosphere, great mojito, free electronic hookas, great food and great bang for your buck. PS: Yaly was the nicest waitress of my life.