“You get what you pay for... or not”

Golden Beach Hotel by Arcadia Hotels
Ranked #84 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Great hotel for a budget stay, but a budget stay doesn't buy you luxury. The location is fantastic, the staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, if small. It does need renovated but if they have to spend a packet on paint and caerpets, you'll have to spend more to stay here! This was the first hotel I stayed in on our trip and I didn't rate the breakfast but I fear that Israeli food isn't up to much in general so this was ok after all. You'll not get an Ulster Fry in Israel so I suppose breakfast here was not bad at all.

Room Tip: Beach views are worth pressing for.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank UlsterFryNo1
There are newer reviews for Golden Beach Hotel by Arcadia Hotels

Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel is in a great location on the beach. It offers free wi-fi and a nice breakfast. The staff was cordial and the price was very reasonable. I gave it only two stars because it is in terrible condition. The hotel needs to be rennovated. I woke up with a sore shoulder and neck from the hard pillows. The shower head pointed toward the wall and wouldn't remain in a desired position plus the water pressure was poor. Bring your own shampoo, conditioner, lotion because soap dispensers are all that this hotel provides.
I wouldn't make this my final destination for vacation but it might be alright for an overnight stay and then only because of the location.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TucsonCate
Reviewed November 4, 2011

On cheapest season is a good option, walking close to center.breakfast is good.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jgkayser
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Located in the heart of the city, on the waterfront at the cross of Allenby Street and the waterfront promenade. Breakfast was good. The room was not sea-view. There is parking behind the hotel. From time to time it can be noisy. Reception is open 24 hours. Not a very good maid service, if you want to clean the floor you have to ask. There was no safe in the room. The hotel is suitable for short stay if you want to be nearest to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Al K
Reviewed August 21, 2011

the hotel went through some changes since last year i visited.
and it shows in food, rooms and crew.
great people!
i got upgraded from a standard room to a sea view balcony room for free!!!
WILL BE BACK FOR SURE

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaki r
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I arrived after midnight, a single female from USA. I confirmed with the hotel and specifically advised them that I was arriving very late and I must be guaranteed a room. I took a cab from the airport to the hotel, physically and mentally exhausted after a long flight, only to be told by the hotel's front desk that even though I PAID IN FULL, they had NO available rooms for me and they called a hotel a few blocks inland to give me a room!!! I was expected to walk the streets at 1am with my luggage by myself (my first time in the middle east) to an unknown hotel that I wasn't able to check out ahead of time. Upon entering the hotel (unlike the atmosphere the website pix), it has the feel of a youth hostel or YMCA; dingy is putting it mildly. A kid (don't think he was 21) with a bandage on his hand was the only worker available in the small hotel (so much for security). The only thing that saved me from walking out into the middle eastern darkness without a clue was that the hotel lobby had free wi-fi and I opened up my laptop and booked another room with an American hotel instead. A cab was sent to pick me up and bring me safely to the other hotel. An expensive lesson. Even thinking about my experience with Golden Beach MOTEL fills me with tears of rage and disbelief at the helplessness and horror that almost gave me the worst impression of Israel before I even got to see it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank fieryblush
Reviewed February 21, 2011

got there late on friday night asked to look at room,told them i wasent happy ,so they changed it,then from 12 oclock midnight till 630 in the morning there was a disco under my room,never got any sleep,told the person on reception,she said she never knew it was so noisey,i said how long have you been working there she said 6 years,i said i been here here 10 hours and i know its noisey,utter contempt for guests,also have stayed in some bad places before but this is the worse,DONT STAY

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple