“One perfect night”

Mendeli Street Hotel
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great location. near the beach and near some great pubs.
The room was small but beautifully designed. we took the "loft" room. small but special. with some nice light technologies.
The shower is super spoiling, I wish I could spend an hour inside.
and also the bed! you probably will stay in bed all day :-)
The highlight of this place, is the the breakfast. delicious and unique.
I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shany B, General Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Meitalfed,
Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Mendeli Street Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our pampering bed and shower and our amazing breakfast!
Please do come and visit us again soon!!
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Mendeli Street Hotel

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I'm visit tell Aviv alot. This hotel is a very good option in Tel Aviv because of the environment, location and the breakfast. The meal was high above average. The room was very little, bat nice and designed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Anatnus,
Thank you for your feedback! It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy all the amenities and facilities we have to offer.
I look forward to welcome you once again in our hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel was great. Nice, modern, clean room. Breakfast was the best compared to four other hotels I stayed throughout Israel. The location was perfect. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant. Moderately priced compared to many other hotels in Tel Aviv. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Shany B, General Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear rgb220, Thank you for your great review and for sharing it here.
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and you found our team to be helpful and pleasant. Looking forward to the next time to welcome you,
Warm Regards,
Shany Ben Tolila. General Manager

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at the Mendeli hotel last month, we had a great experience!
The room was beautiful, clean and had a nice view of the beach, the shower is super spoiling with products from the dead sea, the location was great with 3 min walk from the beach and close to everything you need as a tourist (super markets, public transportation, night life etc.)
The breakfast is more then amazing, fresh pastries, juices, salads and specialty Israeli dishes - 11 out of 10!!
The staff was welcoming and explained us where are the "cool" spots we can hang out while in Tel Aviv.
This is definitely our choice for our next visit!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shany B, General Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Shakabt26
Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay at the Mendeli Street Hotel. I was so glad to read that we met your expectations and you found our service and the hotel cleanliness and features to your liking. Please do come and visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

a new and great location for this hotel! right in the hart of TLV acction & near the beach.
me & my wife spent 2 night in this nice & cozy hotel, I found it as one of the representative development of the tourism in Tel Aviv, boutique & personalizated small hotels. all was great till we got the superior room we have booked and saw that there was no caffe facilities- as described in the superior room when I booked.well not such a big issue, as the lobby and the breakfast area was a great place! all with nice and taste designed not jumping colors, very restful and inspiration atmosphere. the room was nice and all great. The breakfast is the gem and it is worth the stay and the price we payed for.so I hope others will enjoy as we did. But, and this is the bitter taste I 've got: when I have asked for a caffe machine/ kettle as described in the written order, I was told that this is a mistake by site. when I asked for a more representative answer by one of the management staff , the answer came as it follow: we are not responsible for what is described by the site -hotels.com- where I made the reservation. Point & kristal clear, isn't it? so.. in no way in my travel exp I did not encounter such a stupid answer from a manager regarding an a paying guest in a hotel of this supposed quality and claim. my friends I am not pretending that I discovered the wheel but with one plastic kettle the case would have been closed for all! the answer I got with the tone and the annoy for the subject, made the difference- bitter taste for all the period & second thoughts for an encore, some other time. period
thanks for sharing this lesson in management I have had!

Room Tip: as high as it is possible, to be more isolated from the noise coming from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shany B, General Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Kargol,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I apologize for the perception I portrayed, while you were with us. Our goal is to provide every guest with uncomplicated and friendly service and once again, I am sorry if we have fallen short. I can assure you, your comment was taken on board.

Other than that, I was happy to read that you found our hotel, nicely decorated and you enjoyed our lavish breakfast.

I do hope, you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

In most hotels the rooms and the lobby are the main attractions and breakfast, when it is offered, is an additional value. At the Mendeli Street Hotel the breakfast is the main attraction and the room and lobby are additional values. Rooms are modern, but small, the lobby is just a lobby where people come and go and wait for their turn to the outstanding breakfast.

What makes the breakfast so fantastic? First of all the service, there is always someone with a smile willing to help you. Second, the variety and quality of the food. Try, for instance, the eggs with harrisa and bottarga. Delicious!

Nicely located near the beach, the hotel needs to pay more attention to the cleanliness. I don´t recommend the guest to look under the bed.... Where to seat at breakfast is another problem there is always a waiting time or less seats then guests on the weekends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shany B, General Manager at Mendeli Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Resende99,
Thank you for your detailed feedback and for sharing your experience.
Indeed, we are proud of our breakfast, created by Rafi Cohen, one of the top Chefs in Israel. His work is known as unique not only for the rich variety, creativity and quality of the ingredients but also for the professional and personal service of his team, as you mentioned.
Although I was happy to read you liked our location, I was disappointed your room cleanliness, didn't meet your expectation as it is totally against what the vast majority of our guests regularly tell us.
I can assure you, I shall be following your comments up directly with my team.
Once again, thank you for your review and please come and visit us again!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent 2 nights there during Feb. 2014 and had the standard room which is very small. Our room was in a very good condition.

Breakfast is great. We would definitely go back just to enjoy breakfast again.

Dear Erezz,
Thank you for your kind words.
I have noted your comment about the size of the room and would like to take the opportunity to let you know that we have other room categories bigger than the standard room (detailed in our website) available in our hotel.
Please do come and join us again soon!
Best Regards,