“Dump!”

Ranked #92 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Dump!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The first impression was not good.
The sour-faced receptionist was serving coffee to a customer and so totally ignored me. She did not offer me a seat in spite of the fact that I was carrying a heavy back pack and I am not exactly young. I helped myself to a seat.
She eventually tore herself from her coffee serving duties, sat down sullenly, looked at my documents and said she didn't have my booking record.

At my insistence she then made a reluctant phone call to the company who had made my booking and then managed to find my reservation! No apologies were on offer.

The rooms were small but clean. There was a bulky old TV, tea and coffee making facilities but no bottled water.
There was no hotel guide and the sullen receptionist had not briefed me. There were no leaflets and the room phone had no directory of services.

Breakfast was average. On my second morning the breakfast room was crowded and the rude staff wouldn't help me to find a place to sit down.

I was to join up with a British tour group at this hotel but the tour company upgraded the whole tour group to a better and a 4-star hotel. I wonder why!

The location was good but there are plenty of better hotels here and you are better off staying somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't bother going there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gyanfernando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We were there me and my wife for 2 days.
The room was small but very clean and new.
We had very good breakfest like in most of the hotels in ISRAEL.
We can recomand you to stay there if you looking for place that good located in tel aviv and not expencive with basic facilities.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Average 3 star hotel with a good location, close to the beach and the Promenade, rooms are small, the bathroom and carpet needs attention but reasonably clean, had a good buffet breakfast(variety of choices).
Received hardly any attention at the reception while checked in,the staff was not attentive, they could do a better job.
Also, bottled water they sale at the reception is almost 3x more expensive than in shops, so buy water in shops.(there is nearby a minimarket).
I was part of a group and did not have an option to change pre-arranged deal.
Overall, it's ok if you are on budget, otherwise you may find a better deal in the same area.

Room Tip: Rooms above 3rd floor have a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vitaestdecorus13
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

After a 15 hour flight, and arriving at 2:00AM, I wanted to crash. Instead I was greeted by a lift so small I could barely fit in with luggage, a room so worn and filthy I looked very carefully in the covers. I was there for 2 nights. I NEVER took off my shoes or socks in the room unless I was in the shower or in my bed. And the Birth Right tour group in the hotel-noisy and rude; I was an embarrassed American because of their behavior. Only good news was that the breakfast was eatable-. It's also not located on a main street to feel safe to walk around once it is dark as a single traveler. I would never, ever stay here. Since I had no choice because I was part of a tour group, the booking agency got a serious note. It was not a positive way to start my vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ArgusD

Travelers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Sea Net was one of the nicest stays we had in our 5 weeks in Israel.
The room was small, but comfortable and clean with a sea view. Couldn't ask for a better location-only 1 block east of the sea and 2 blocks south of the American Embassy, it is within walking distance of Hacarmel market and other interesting sights. The best and most varied breakfast we had and the front desk staff was very pleasant and most helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank howardwusa
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed two nights in two different rooms at the Sea Net Hotel in June as part of my tour around Israel, so I did not choose this hotel. However, while the rooms are small, as other reviewers have pointed out, I found the rooms and bathrooms to be reasonably clean. Service at the reception desk was uneven, though, and the friendliness of service really depends on who is on duty.

You can fit probably two people and one suitcase into the tiny elevator per trip. But I’ve stayed in hotels in Paris that boast even tinier lifts, believe it or not. Use the staircase if you’re staying on a lower floor. It’s faster and a good aerobic workout.

Yes the dining area is small and cannot handle the morning rush, as busloads of tourists all want to eat at the same time before their buses depart at 8.00am. Get there early is my advice. However, the service during breakfast was good, the food was fresh and the breakfast buffet offered a range of choices. But if you want freshly-squeezed juice, you’re much better off buying juice from a street vendor.

The location is ideal as Sea Net is within easy walking distance to the beach, Carmel Market, Jaffa and all the main streets in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MuseumJunkie99
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Got about 30 horrible bites ! Do not stay at this hotel! Had to go to the doctors when I got back to uk bites were so bad. filthy hotel. Completely unacceptable that this place remains open taking people's money and making them sleep in infested beds. Shocking!

• Stayed June 2013