“Warm and Welcoming”
Review of De La Mer

De La Mer
Ranked #81 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel de la Mer and we absolutely loved it. Mickey (at the front desk) was extremely kind, friendly and helpful. Located one block from the beach with wonderful restaurants within walking distance. The shower is extremely small and very difficult to get into (the door opens in a very strange way). The room was nice and the free Internet was very convenient. The breakfast buffet was terrific!

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crlleigh
There are newer reviews for De La Mer

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I recently stayed at Hotel de la Mer and I was very very pleased. Since it was the first hotel I stayed in on my first trip to Israel, the staff's warmth and willingness to help really helped to launch my time in Israel in a very positive way.

As others have said, the service is outstanding. While it's not at all a fancy hotel, from the moment I walked in the door the people at the front desk made me feel right at home. They seem to take a genuine interest in the guests and they were always willing to help me out. More than that, I found them very intelligent and had some wonderful chats with them.

The breakfast is quite good...especially the capuccinos! After the first day, the kitchen staff seemed to really warm up and remembered my special likings when it came to the food.

The hotel is clean and the free Internet service was greatly appreciated. De Le Mer
is well situated -- one block from the beach. I highly recommend this hotel as great value for the money and a pleasant "home away from home."

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with an ocean view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank april_august2103
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Close to The best part of the magnificiant beach and also to the City. Next time we will return. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Excellent_Experience
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This hotel, only two blocks from the beach is also centrally located to Jaffa, the downtown district of Tel Aviv, and the Port of Tel Aviv. It is also close to a host of nice restaurants on the blvd. It is also a walkable distance to both the train station and the central bus station. The front desk personnel were superb. They made brilliant recommendations and, as it turned out, our stay in Israel was very fulfilling and packed with memorable activities (Dead Sea, Mt. Masada, Jerusalem, and sites in and around Tel Aviv). The rooms were well-kempt, and there is a balcony from which we enjoyed beautiful sunsets. The complimentary breakfast was well prepared and had lots of items on the menu. It looks like a modest place from the outside, but once you step inside, you receive a warm greeting and lots of enthusiasm.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a corner suite, but that made little difference as the building, though fully occupied, w...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank johnalany
Reviewed September 24, 2011

If the plan is to have a beach holiday in Tel Aviv then the hotel would fit the bill given that it's only 3-5 minutes from the sea however we felt the price in relation to the condition of the hotel was high. The staff we found to be very helpful. The distance between the hotel and the beach is filled with a large car park and to one side of the hotel there is currently a construction site, street noise can be heard. The room we had was grubby and in general a new paint job would help. In no way does the hotel warrant it's price per night based on our experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David L
Reviewed September 22, 2011

...........is the key to TLV. This hotel is perfect. TLV is not a place to stay inside your Hotel. A good hotel provides value for money, cleanliness and a place to sleep. De la mer also has fabulous staff great breakfast. Bathroom may be a little small but the money you save here allows you to dine out in style if you want to. After all how long does one need in a shower?
I do not recognise the criticisms of the breakfast I enjoyed salad every day.
My partner and I stayed for a week at the beginning of September. I have already booked to take my elderly father with me in early November.

Room Tip: Balcony with sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dcweymouth
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Would never stay there again!! When the taxi pulled up I almost cried! This cant be the hotel that was rated higher than the Dan Panorama!! It is located in a construction zone, no balcony, or fridge, or clock, blowdryer, the ugliest furniture, tiny room, tiny window... Only redeeming feature was friendly helpful reception staff. By israeli standards the breakfast was very limited, no salad, only fruit was watermelon. When I left to go to the Dan Panorama I thought I'd gone to heaven!! I also checked the Prima, the Metropolitain and the Art Hotel and liked all of them, No comparison. To add insult to injury, I paid 130.00usd for a single room and a guy came in and was quoted 80.00 for the same single room. That might be a fair price!!

Room Tip: I think no such thing