“A fantastic place to stay if you want a feel of the old city”

The Clock - Tel Aviv Jaffa Luxury Apartments
Ranked #8 of 41 Tel Aviv B&B and Inns
“A fantastic place to stay if you want a feel of the old city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Kobi and Jonathan are just two fantastic hosts who both have a great sense of humour
Kobi greeted us with an exceptionally friendly welcome and kindly offered us many suggestions during our stay, providing discounted offers from various local businesses
Nothing was a problem and he spent a lot of time with us making sure we we heading in the right direction for food etc...
The room was great, all it's facilities were modern and best of all it was just right there in the mix of fabulous places to eat and everything artistic.
An added bonus was the kitchenette,with a microwave that allowed for a little bit of self catering
A really nice stay in a hotel that is wonderfully positioned, you could get here by taking the metro to Tel Aviv Central and then going outside to find the #10 bus that took you to the CLOCK and from there it was a 300m walk Better and much much cheaper than taking a taxi but allow at least 2 hours to get there

Room Tip: Just ask anyone young when you need to know anything as they generally have a good grasp of English
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Clock was the perfect start to our first trip to Israel. A reasonably priced private shuttle from TLV to the hotel was arranged for us by Jonathan, the manager. We were given a 1-bedroom with a loft, balcony, a kitchenette and three flat screen TVs! The TVs were not necessary because The Clock is steps away from the market, restos, historic sights, the beach and the old port. We had a delicious dining adventure at The Old Man and the Sea. Please note: need to climb steps to the rooms and, if a light sleeper, ask for a room facing the back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We loved The Clock – the room was modern, but with charming high ceilings, and there was a coffee/tea maker for the morning. This isn't your usual hotel (no lobby and no breakfast); it's almost more like a small, urban apartment that you rent for the night. It's a great location, though, right in the thick of the flea market (decent amount of street noise, but nothing out of the ordinary) and just a few blocks from the port of Jaffa. Amazing.

One thing to note: There are instructions within the room on how to fire up the boiler so you get hot water. We did not read these instructions... so we took ice-cold showers, wondering how the hot water was so nonexistent! The shower is otherwise lovely – had we known how to work it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank erinpressonladd
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Firstly the check in time is after 4pm and then the reception closes at 6pm. So that's a very generous 2 hour check in window which with the speed of Israeli buses is setting all travellers up for failure. I arrived at 630pm and tried calling with my mobile using Skype and the owner hung up on my 3 times. I went to neighbouring business that were still open. One was pissed off and had no interest in helping me. The second business called the owner and explained to me that "this happens regularly".
I finally got in my room. The bathroom was filthy with marks in the toilet bowl and urine stains on the toilet seat. I took photos of the filth and emailed to the manager and he never bothered to reply. I will attempt to upload.
I emailed the owner and asked if he could please open reception at 845 or 850pm so I could leave and make a train connection. He never replied. I was quite nervous about making this train and slept poorly all night.
A young lady opened the reception at 9am sharp. I explained I was in a hurry and she proceeded to answer her private mobile twice to have conversation and answer the business phone once and have long conversations. I advised her about the shocking state of the toilet and she demonstrated no interest.
Due to leaving reception so late it was needless to say I missed my train and almost missed my flight.
I would NOT recommend this place!!
Oh yeah- try to stay away from the apartments near the reception as they are still renovating the upper apartments and the work men make a lot of noise in the morning.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BeautifulLao
KobiC2, Manager at The Clock - Tel Aviv Jaffa Luxury Apartments, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear BeautifulLao, 1st of all I would like to thank you for your review.

As we are doing our best to make any guest a special service we still can miss and get one of them unsatisfied. sorry to hear and learn that your experience wasn't as good as we are usualy giving.

The opening hours of the reception is:
Sunday to Thursday: 08:00 to 21:00
Friday: 08:00 to 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 to 18:00

After hours we are available 24/7 by phone. As you mentioned you tried to use the skype calls, you might had a problem with that. It's the 1st time we are getting that such of complain.

About the email that you said you sent us, as I'm receiving all the emails directly, I never saw or received any email from you.

I will be happy to get from you an email with no photos on it (maybe it was too big to be delivered) and I will reply you as soon as I will get it.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kobi Cohen
Manager
The Clock
Tel Aviv Jaffa Luxury Apartments
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

These apartments are just the first of several building restorations/renovations in the Jaffa neighborhood of Tel Aviv - across the street is an Atlas Boutique Hotel about to open on the summer of 2014. But so far they have not changed the character of the neighborhood in the way Old Jaffa has become mostly a tourist destination. We stayed in apt #6 which has 2 bedrooms, living room/kitchen and a balcony with a view of the sea - it was perfect for the 3 of us - would be great for 2 couples at only $100 each!
The amenities are high end and stylish with a flat screen TV in each room and lovely rain-shower in the bathroom. You are 2 blocks from the promenade along the sea and up to Old Jaffa or a short walk to the Neve Tzedek neighborhood.

If you are traveling to Tel Aviv and want to stay somewhere away from the beach scene and big tourist hotels in a unique neighborhood this is an affordable alternative. The Clock apartments give you so much more room for what you would pay at other hotels without sacrificing style and boutique amenities. I would definitely stay here again! You should, however, be aware that as in old Arab houses you will need to use the stairs to get to the top floor apartments but they also have the best views.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Margaret H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just got back and absolutely loved this hotel. We arrived early and the hotel kept our bags while we walked around before the room was ready. When we returned they notified us that they had upgraded us to a larger room. We stayed in room number eight which was a large bedroom with a living room kitchen bathroom and balcony. The location is pretty amazing. The only thing I have to say negatively is that at night the area it's very quiet and I would not walk around alone. The breakfast offered was delicious and we found the overall service very good.

Room Tip: Room 8 is great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The apartment was excellent: 2 bedrooms, 1 bath with hot shower, kitchen, dining area and balcony. Clean, well kept. Good area.

I lost my passport and the owner and staff found the numbers and schedules of my embassy and consulate, scheduled an appointment for me, and even drove me to the police station. They were extremely kind at a moment when I was very stressed out. I will always be grateful for this treatment. They really went above an beyond what I would have expected. Thank you!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple