“wonderful time”
Review of Shenkin Hotel

Shenkin Hotel
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 23, 2014

the staff couldn't do enough for us

the snack bar was delightful as was the roof

the only thing missing was a washer/dryer in the building but most hotels do not have that

the staff did arrange for us to have our laundry done

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Madelyn,

Thank you for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel & for sharing your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your comment regarding the laundry, unfortunately, due to space limitations, I am not sure we will be able to provide the service in-house, but rather provide it in a nearby Laundromat, as we do today.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, please contact me personally, when you make plans for your next trip to Tel Aviv

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have a very few good reasons to write some wonderful things about this hotel.
Starting off by thanking the General manager and every single one of the staff that are extremely helpful and lovely as I have lost my passport during my holidays in Israel.
My experience was one to remember from beginning to end as I remember being greeted by Omri who was absolutely lovely during the check in and without hesitation provided me a room move as I wasn't happy with the location of my room and deliver a lovely amenity to my room to make me feel welcome.
Tomer and Rafael were so helpful and also the concierge lady had so much knowledge of the neighbourhood, and they seemed to always have a smile on their face anytime I asked them for anything.
The general manager a lady who I do not remember the name as I lost her business card was the highlight of the hotel as she made me feel Home when I lost my passport and made sure things were always ok with me.
I have so many reasons to recommend this hotel as it's definitely suitable if you're single, a couple or a family as has an absolutely chilled Vibe and also a great area full of cool cafes and restaurants and very trendy!!
Ive had the chance to experience as a guest 3 of the rooms during my stay, a Standard a Superior and the Studio.
Standards are very compact I would definitely recommend the Studios as they are definitely the nicest rooms of the hotel.
Once again I'd like to thank the whole Shenkin Team for making me feel home during my long stay in Tel Aviv even with all the issues I've been through with losing my passport!
I look forward to come back!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are too compact. Studio Rooms are definitely the best ones in the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Josias S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Shenkin Hotel and thank you for highly recommending it.

I am happy that despite the trouble you had when you lost your passport we managed to make you smile, we did what we can to assist you, but, it was you that kept smiling and managed to make the best out of the situation.

I was happy to share your positive feedback with my team, we are all looking forward to welcome you back to the Shenkin Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The room is small but the staff and location are good. I enjoyed the coffee area and the fact that you get free phone calls s a plus. I would recommend that unless you want kosher food you don't have breakfast at Ben Ami Café but go to Sus Etz Café. At Ben Ami the staff are more interested in their mobile phones and they changed me for a second cup of coffee at breakfast (not good business).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Fred-pollak,

Thank you for the review on your stay with us at Shenkin Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our service, the gratis coffee & cookies corner and our great location.

I was sorry to hear that the service at Ben Ami café was not as good as at the service at the hotel. We took care of it and I assure you that you will feel the improvement next time you visit us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I were visiting Tel Aviv on our honeymoon and Shenkin Hotel was able to book us at the last minute and could not have been more friendly/helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff was accomodating and very resourceful in terms of knowledge of the city. Yael, the manager, checked on us serval times to make sure we were doing ok and to see if we needed anything and we greatly appreciated it. Its a close walk to the water and to many sites around Tel Aviv. Our stay included a free breakfast at a cafe down the street which was superb! If we find ourselves back in Tel Aviv we will definitely stay here again and we highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

RECOMMENDED: Reviews for this property are generally on target and a nice property. Recognize a handful of nits that you get with this property:

Room sizes are small. This is typical for Tel Aviv, I felt constrained as a single traveler with only hand luggage in the 16 sq m room, if you're planning a weeks holiday here with large luggage, consider an upgrade well worth the money. Though the roof top and patio offer add'l space to get away too.

Hallway & room to room noise - walls are pretty thin here and the tile hallway along with loud door closure plus add a handful of ill mannered guests and you might for something other than a quiet evening.

Aircraft noise - this is generic to this section of town, Tel Aviv has numerous flights arriving after midnight with path of flight over the top of the hotel starting at midnight until 3 a.m. I'm sure the locals are simply used to this.

Overall, this is a fine choice both in terms of location, amenities and comfort (aside for the nits above).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a converted apartment building in the busy Shenkin area close to Shook Hacarmel, Lots of things to do and see within a few blocks including walking to the beach. Rooms are very small but beautifully redone in modern hip style. Parking if you have a car is extremely limited (I think they only have 3 spaces) but you hardly need a car in this area, it is so central. They offer free cookies in an nice seating area on the first floor. Breakfast is included but you need to walk a block to a couple of places that honor the coupon. One place is a regular breakfast place and the other is a pastry/coffee shop. Internet was included and worked well and the beds were comfortable. There is a modern elevator (three or four story building). I found it a bit pricy for what you get, but the Shenkin is a nice place to stay with accommodating staff if you don't mind the room being so small.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Impossible to find a kinder and more efficient staff in any hotel in Tel Aviv ! They will do everything they can to make you feel welcome and at home . Location is great in a nice shopping area , 10 min walk to the beach . Only drawback , but unavoidable I suppose , the noise of the planes at night . Would go back anytime .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dirk D
Yael B, General Manager at Shenkin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Dirk D,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, & for staying with us at Shenkin Hotel.
Thank you for the lovely compliments to our team, a memorable stay such as yours is what we aim to deliver to our guests, and your appreciation is what makes our job so enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.