“Beautiful Hotel”

130 Rock Apartments
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We have been at 130 Rock Appartements in November 2013. It is a very nice Hotel, very stylish with Old School Accessoires within the hotel. f.e. record players on the floors. Our room was very nice and clean. A little kitchenette with a refrigerator was very nice for cold drinks. The stunning roof terrace was very nice for drinks in the evening with a beautiful view over Tel Aviv at night. 130 Rock Appartements is situated on a crowded street, but it was never too loud in our room. Lots of shops and restaurants around the hotel The beach is a 10 min walk away. In front of the hotel a lot of bus services were found or take the cheaper hailed shared taxis (Sherut) to travel inside Tel Aviv. The hotel serves no meals, but on the side of the hotel you find a great coffee bar with delicious sandwiches. We can fully recommend the 130 Rock Appartements for a nice city trip in beautiful Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
adieladi, Manager at 130 Rock Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Stefan,

It is always a pleasure reading reviews of satisfied guests. At 130 Rock Apartments, we believe that it is not enough to provide a comfortable room but also to provide friendly service, daily housekeeping and all at a value for money! As you mentioned we are located on top of famous Dizengoff Street with numerous restaurants and coffee places to choose from making it an ideal location to stay in Tel Aviv for both business and leisure travellers.

Hope to see you again among our guests!

There are newer reviews for 130 Rock Apartments

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very friendly staff, rooms are beautiful and clean, location excellent. I wasn't bothered by the noise from the street, as many who have written a review here have been, and my room was in the 1st floor. I would definitely stay here again, if I ever returned to Tel Aviv.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that you had a good night sleep in one of our studios. Despite its central location on Tel Aviv's most vibrant streets, the hotel offers quiet rooms with double glazed windows ensuring a peaceful good night sleep. Nevertheless, Tel Aviv is known to be "the city that never sleeps".... so we hope that guests would appreciate the nightlife of the city and enjoy the numerous possibilities that this beautiful city has to offer!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

After reading a bunch of positive reviews, I decided to go with 130 Rock Apartments for my first visit to Tel Aviv. My friend and I arrived after midnight, when the frontdesk is closed, we buzzed the intercom and we experienced a surprisingly efficient and fast check-in process but following instructions through the intercom. The whole concept of the apartment complex revolved around rock music of course and it is interesting how that concept is infused in most parts of the complex (you receive your card keys in an audio cassette case).

The room was clean, with a fresh design - nothing that would make it into Wallpaper magazine (of course if that was the case, it would have been a lot more expensive) - but looking modern and pleasing to the eye nonetheless. There is more than adequate closet space, while the bathroom is not claustrophobic and it offers a strong rain shower. If you are on your first trip with your other half and you are worried about the time that you will need to be noisy in the bathroom, you will probably not be happy to discover that the only thing separating the bathroom from the bedroom is an opaque glass door. Another problem with the opaque glass door is that if you want to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, when you will turn on the bathroom light, the whole bedroom will be filled with light, possibly waking up your sleeping friend. In any case, none of these things spoiled my experience.

The hotel is situated on Dizengoff street, which is a superb location. We walked to very nice restaurants, shops, bars, the bus station to Jerusalem, the beach, pretty much nothing is too far away. I loved also the terrace, my favorite spot for a smoke before going to bed.

There is no breakfast of course, but there are more than enough options around the hotel for a nice breakfast, just visit a "Benedict".

Most importantly, all the employees that I got to meet were very kind and professional. After spending almost a week in Tel Aviv, I found out that I should not take this for granted. All in all, 130 Rock Apartments offers very good value for money.

I would probably stay there again if I ever went back to Israel, but after my experience at the Ben Gurion Airport was so horrible (if you are a non-Israeli traveller, prepare to spend at least a couple of hours from security check to security check to more security checks, while security officers go through every single thing inside your suitcase and treat you like a potential criminal) that it spoiled the whole trip for me. I don't think I will be going back to Israel in the future. When you are a tourist entering Israel, about to spend some money within the country, all is well, when you are going back home, you are sent off in the most inhumane way. If only those airport employees knew the damage they are doing to their country.

As I said before, the kindness and hospitality of the 130 Rock Apartments personnel is to be appreciated and not be taken for granted.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank leonkaran
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Nice, clean, excellent location, free wifi, books. Great concept and design, but noise in rooms from street. Almost no difference if windows are opened or close. All rooms have same level of noise and street is very busy. Buses, ambulances, bars,etc... So great plave if you dont care about noise.

Room Tip: All apartments noisy, but maybe rear top floor is less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kleintjebrussels
adieladi, Manager at 130 Rock Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear guest,

We are happy to read that you had a great stay at our hotel.

Boasting a central location on the bustling Dizengoff Street, our rooms cannot be 100% isolated from street noise. Nevertheless, windows are double glazed and therefore if properly shut, rooms should offer excellent night sleep quality with very subtle street noise.

Once again, thank you for your comment and we hope to see you once again among our guests!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The apartments are in a great spot - you can walk almost anywhere from here and it's very near the best parts of the beach (from Gordon to Hilton beaches). The apartments themselves are stylish, clean, a little spartan but have everything one would expect. Service is good. The theme of the place is rock (retro) music and it's fun but I think the music could come on a little later in the morning! I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it for people staying for short trips who want independence and convenience

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2013

130 Rock Apartments at the corner Dizengoff/Gordon in Tel Aviv is brand new hotel with 27 studios. It is not part of a chain but is owned by a musician who managed perfectly to combine cool design with perfect function.

The hotel's location is absolutely perfect both "up" to the beach and "down" to Carmel Market or anywhere you want to go within 30 seconds to 20 minutes.

We have stayed there for three weeks in a lovely studio - compact living at it's best.
Small things which always are so irritating at other places where totally eliminated here: a bottle of fairy liquid, kitchen towel, not one roll of toilet paper but six, great selection of different coffee, tea and sugar sachets, shower and hair shampoo etc.

The shower was a dream for somebody who's 1,96 m tall - shower from the roof, plenty of space and a handle to hold onto if you got foam in your eyes.

Excellent cleaning, change of bedclothes every second day, new towels, shampoos, soap every day.
Spacious wardrobe and safe for valuables without extra charge.

The hotel was clearly designed by someone who was used to travelling and was determined to eliminate all these small but very irritating things as mentioned above. And he really succeeded!
The young staff is outstanding in all aspects: friendly, incredibly helpful and cool in every way.
And I almost forgot the great spotlessly clean roof terrace with a view over Tel Aviv that you'll never forget - day and night.

If you want a fitness center - you'll find one 50 meters away. A swimming pool - well the real sea is a 10 minutes walk away. If you walk five minutes more you're at Gordon Pool.

There is no better place to stay in Tel Aviv - it's as simple as that:-)

Room Tip: A room at the fourth floor is obviously closer to the roof terrace on the 5th floor;-) The office te...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Konstellerkonstigt

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read your positive review. At 130 Rock Apartments, we aim to provide quality bedrooms, excellent and friendly service for competitive rates. As you mentioned, we are probably boasting the best location in Tel Aviv, with everything at your footstep. Furthermore, as you mentioned, we offer daily cleaning to your apartment, which is very uncommon to other apart-style hotels in Tel Aviv.

Hope to see you again any time soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

stayed there for 3 nights.
Got a great and warm welcome upon arrival. My special wish regarding the room attribution was observed.

- All the staff were great.
- Location is fantastic : 5-10 minutes from the beach and Dizengoff center. Lots of restaurants around
- Internet is working perfectly and is free!
- The roof top is great with perfect music
- The decoration is very original and nice. Young people will especially love it!
- Kitchen with microwave in the room : very practical
- safe in room
- electrical heater for the cold months (didn't use it)
- lots of pillows on the bed and towels in the bathroom

maybe some points to be ameliorated :

- no hair dryer in my room
- the bathroom door let pass the daylight and was very disturbing on the first night. For the 2nd night I asked the maid to give me an extra bed linen that I fixed on the door. Slept very well then!
- I had a large bed which was actually two small beds put together, so that I felt a gap if I was in the middle of the bed

But really all together I found my stay fantastic and would recommend it to everyone! They make a great job there !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JMX2016
adieladi, Manager at 130 Rock Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments.

As you mentioned we are located on a great spot, between many restaurants and shops, cafes and galleries. The beach is also located nearby!

We are indeed aware of the fact that some of our rooms do allow some daylight. We are working closely with an architect to find a solution for this.

We are doing our upmost to satisfy our guests and we hope to see you once again among our guests!