“Seriously?”

Ranked #179 of 1,639 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Israeli, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The new Aria restaurant, which opened 2 years ago, is a contemporary chef bistro. The restaurant menu was created by Chef Guy Gamzo, which is considered amongst one of the promising young chefs of Tel Aviv. Gamzo offers a light meticulous menu, with a variety of dishes playfully created from the best raw materials
New York
“Seriously?”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Didnt eat here so cant say but after ordering a Macallen 12 years and being charged 124nis (40 usd) need I say more. Good luck to those with deeeeep pockets

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mike_sh5

• Hebrew first
“Good food excellent value!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Good service very good atmosphere!! I liked the lemon tart and the young lamb!!! Strongly recommends.. :)

1 Thank Lital B
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Trendy food & live music”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The nice and polite hostess, explained us the name of the place. "Aria" comes from the classic –dramatic opera world. The "stage" for this culinary art "exhibition", was an old neglected building, for 20 years. Half a year ago, it was reconstructed. Becoming a chic place, to dine and enjoy good music. Two floors with great history, as a private house, dated to the beginning of the past century.
A reminder of these good old times, is in a ceramic segment in the floor, near the kitchen. That is a way far from typical Tel-Aviv bistro, if you refer to any in your mind. The location, Nahalat Binyamin, not far from the sexy-juicy vibe of Lilenblum Street, that is full of dance bars, demands some nighty ambiance from Aria.
And yes there is. With a bar in the first floor, to get you're cocktail, after you ate the delicious offers, from above. We shared their, white grouper in soy butter, that was one of the best I ever had. The coquilles St. Jacques, was a choice of my daughter, who has a natural talent to pick the most. I have to admit that I didn’t like it, as much as she, but with culinary expert, I never argue.
We also splited, veal sweetbreads with corn polenta, and pan seared sirloin with mashed ratte potatoes .again the tongue of each one of us, was curious from other flavors, so we agreed on the term "interesting" for both. The waiters were professional and encouraged my daughter, to drink more of the white wine she selected.
many tables engaged people speaking English, so it was feeling like abroad. The bartender was trying hard to find me a light fruity cocktail, as I am avoiding alcohol, from good reasons. It makes me sleepy, and not social, and I can get the same effect from cola light. when other needs ,few mugs of beer, or a bottle with "real stuff".
I would love to hear one of the jazz groups, that plays on Mondays and Saturdays .maybe with an American sound and the right partner, the bartender will match me the perfect glass. that will make me smile. This is definitely a place for 40+ .So no "kids" around. It's nice to have the option, to dine and free your tie, only in walking few steps. See you soon again.

1 Thank gili1963
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good, but spoilt by the loud music.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

First the good news: The building is interesting, the service is good, the food tasty and varied and nicely presented and the wine list excellent.
So what's not too like? First, even thought the menu is well thought-out, with many choices, even the waitress who served us was embarrassed at the long list of "today's specials" she had to recite. Too long, too many, too complicated and no mention of prices. One "special" for appetizers and one for mains is enough.

But the worst is the so-called "background" music. Too loud, and inappropriate choices for a restaurant. I asked the maitre d' to turn down the volume. The lady at the next table smiled at me and gave a thumbs up sign of agreement. The maitre d' looked down his nose at me in surprise, but did lower the volume for about 15 minutes, then jacked it up again. It was enough to ruin what could have been a very pleasant evening.

1 Thank jon-dan
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Superb restaurant in Tel Aviv”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Superb food, excellent service in a beautifully renovated building. Everyone who I have sent there has been delighted with this wonderful place. We have been to the restaurant upstairs and to the exciting bar downstairs - two completely different experiences but each amazing. Cannot wait to go back.

1 Thank Simplesimon2013