“Worth 1 visit, maybe”

Olive Leaf
Ranked #173 of 1,614 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fusing international and local tastes, the Olive Leaf’s dishes encompass a Mediterranean core with traditional local flavors, combined to produce a unique and appetizing dining experience. Leading Olive Leaf’s kitchen are Israeli chef Shimon Maman and Italian chef Michele Bozzeto; together they create their interpretation to Kosher Mediterranean cuisine by using local fresh products. Enjoy the spectacular view of the Mediterranean from the restaurant panoramic windows or sitting in the breezy terrace (open seasonal). For private events the restaurant suggest its private room which can accommodate up to 25 people
Ny
“Worth 1 visit, maybe”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Pros: ambiance, service.
Cons: Lebanese bread served with a trio of olives, roasted garlic, and "pesto". Sounds good, but olives were dry with a bitter aftertaste, and pesto contained coriander and parsley, which overwhelmed any basil, if present.
Lamb kebabs are an attractive presentation of a few ground lamb and spice kofte (meatballs) impaled on cinnamon sticks. Imaginative, but kebabs?
Mullard-tastes like smoked canard.
Try the Herbert Samuel down the road. Pricey, but the real deal, with a prize- worthy chocolate nemesis dessert.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Lawrence, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were staying in the Sheraton for one night and we decided to have dinner at the olive leaf. The food was excellent, real gourmet. The service excellent, and the view of the beach was beautiful. Would definitely return, and highly recommended

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tedoworld
Florida City, Florida
“too bad”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I had a good time: the food was great, the music was nice, our waiter Jenney was lovely, the other staff were smiling and very helpful.
But -and it's a big but- there was one thing that has made this all experience to a huge living nightmare:
I was passing by the kitchen when I have heard one of the kitchen staff (I think it was the chef) shouting on one of the waiters. This yang man was shouting and humiliating her in front of all the other employees and guests. I tried to understand all what they were saying but my Hebrew is not that good. After that I haven't seen this waiter for a half of a hour- I think she was crying.
I could have seen in the other waiters eyes that this wasn't the first time that something like that had happened and that they have all experienced something like this in the past even more that once by this man.
As a human, father, husband and a employer I would NEVER act like this to one of my employees nor to a human.
the next time I will be staying at the Sheraton Tel-Aviv hotel and go dining at the Olive Leaf restaurant I hope I WILL NOT see this man working there anymore, because if I do, I will make a big U-turn and go back on my trace.
It's too bad that the hotel keep to employ people like him
Shame on him

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank bobi c
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Amazing restaurant to find in a hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very warm and high quality restaurant with excellent service. A nice surprise in a good hotel. Around $50 which is low for the area for a restaurant of this caliber.

• Visited January 2013
“Perfect place for celebrations”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I took my mother to Olive Leaf for her birthday, and we both enjoyed the experience greatly. The food was delicious, the service attentive and the atmosphere was inviting. I wouldn't dine here frequently because the prices are on the higher side, but it's a great place when you want to splurge for a special occasion.
Too bad Olive Leaf is only open for dinner and not lunch!