“Very good Thai food, adapted to non-Thais”
Review of Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly
Ranked #104 of 1,614 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very good Thai food, adapted to non-Thais”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a family dinner there in September 2013.
The restaurant is very nicely designed, an open space with a few separations.
As we recently came back from Thailand, the food listed in the menu seemed like something you can really order in a restaurant in Thailand.
The portions we ordered came quite fast, and were very tasty. One cannot compare their spiciness to the original Thai portions, but then again - they have to make *some* adaptation to the Israeli (or the non-Thai, to be precise) taste.
The price, considering the food quality and the whole experience, is quite good.
We would also mention the great deserts we had - mango sticky rice and banana loti, which were both very good.

All in all, definitely a place worth visiting.

• Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ramat Gan
“Good Thai food. Lunch deal not good enough.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We went for a short business lunch. I had beef in carry, coconut and penuts. It was delicious. My friend had fried chicken of some kind. He wasn't that enthusiastic about it. There is no business lunch menu, only 10% off the dinner menu. It makes it reasonably prices for dinner, but on the expensive side for lunch. I will take my wife for dinner here sometime.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant to have a family dinner with our three children. After three times we asked the waitress to lower the air condition's fan speed it was still freezing cold through the whole evening. The service was slow and poor. The food, although, was good, originl and fresh.

• Visited September 2013
Israel
“Great Thai Food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have returned from our third visit to Tiger Lilly in 2 weeks! Great restaurant, food is vert tasty and there is a selection of refreshing dishes not found in other similar type restaurants.
The food is not very expensive, a great selection of wines and spirits. The selection of deserts is fairly limited. Service is very good and helpful.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rkantor
Antwerp
“bland Thai food????”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a relatively new Thai restaurant out in Israel's silicone valley. There has been quite a lot of hype around this place, so we thought we would give it a try. First, the decor is splendid, open and friendly, spacious, and there is a nice buzz. The service could not have been nicer. She recommended a special for the starter which we took. We also went for a calamari starter and one main to share of stir fried fish. The starters came, and the recommended dish tasted like dessert. I don't think I have ever encountered so much sugar in a small dish of food....but beyond the sugar, there wasn't much flavour. The calamari in oyster sauce was so so as was the sticky rice. When the main course arrived my husband was sure that this wasn't precisely what we ordered...I tasted it and it was totally tasteless...so he finished the dish alone. He kept saying...I don't understand this, where are the black beans, where are the shitake, I don't remember this dish having red peppers. Sure enough, when we arrived home...the ingredients of this dish were nowhere on the menu, which leads me to believe that the menu is just a loose suggestion of throwing together whatever they have in the kitchen. The good news is, I ate very very little at supper (not a bad thing for me)...but unfortunately I have nothing good to say about the food here....it is quite tasteless, which is difficult for Thai food as it is so very distinct...Those wonderful deep layers of flavours were missing from each and every dish we ordered.....

• Visited August 2013