“Restaurant bad service and bad food”

Alma Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #65 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Expensive for a very low level service. Brunch: eggs with polenta and truffle: was not from the day. Very dry and not tasty, not fresh. Orange juice from a cheap bottle of orange juice. Avoid this place for eating

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Didier C
IlanSturm, General Manager at Alma Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Didier C,
Thank you for taking the time to write us your comment and I do apologize for not enjoying our restaurant.
The cost of the Brunch starting at 92 NIS per guest and can go up according to what you order, All of the eggs are made per order and not in advance, the Orange juice can ether be freshly squeeze or you can choose a different kind
As for the service, I would appropriate if you can send me via email the date that you visit us so I can look into the matter more.
Please contact me on: ilan.sturm@almahotel.co.il
Thank you in advance.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We enjoyed our trip to Israel, and we absolutely loved our stay at the Alma Hotel in Tel-Aviv.
Everything was perfect, the location of this beautiful house... The original and charming rooms, the very nice bistro and great Chef who s one of the best in Tel-Aviv, no doubt ! So we enjoyed the food, the decor, and all the adorable and professional staff there. Its a one of a kind boutique hotel... We hope to go back there, till then we talk about this hotel to everyone we know !

Room Tip: Cet hôtel se situe dans une petite rue en plein centre ville, donc si vous recherchez le silence abs...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IlanSturm, General Manager at Alma Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Emli,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
We are grateful for your choosing to stay with us and I will definitely will pass on your remarks to my team.
Hope to see you here soon,

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Managed to catch a deal on this rather newly built fancy hotel.
At arrival I did find that the front desk personal does not match at all the style and level of this hotel. They come over rather slow and a little unprofessional. Once arriving at the room, the room is simply awesome and very nice decorated and very unique as every single room is decorated differently at Alma's.
We got room 35 on 2nd floor and comes with its balcony and bathtub.
Very luxurious and lots and lots of complimentary stuff like all kinds of soaps and shampoos, moisturizers, hairdryer, slippers, wardrobe, espresso machine and so much more... Room comes equipped with stylish minibar, flat screen tv. Room was a little dusty but apart from that amazing amazing room. Breakfast was also very enjoyable as they did a lot of effort to please with gluten free stuff. By the way the hotel looks from the outside exactly as pictured on website. Definitely recommended place for couples!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Thank you for you review.
I want to apologize if you received unprofessional service at front desk, I can only assume that you was greeted by a trainee and not our regular personnel, having said that I will take the time to go over procedure with all of my team.
I would like to thank you for your kind words and we will continue to our best to improve.
Thx and Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Cool, funky and fabulous- the friendly and highly personal vibe kicks in right from the moment you walk into this beautiful old house that’s been painstakingly restored with an eclectic mix of original and contemporary features.
It’s right in the centre of the TLV action, just off Rothschild Street with 15 individual rooms and a small and super-cool bar on the ground floor, complete with award winning chef, and excellent music.
The whole place is filled with unique and stylish items – and this alone doubtless attracts a similar clientele!
While so many ‘boutique’ hotels claim that elusive ‘family’ atmosphere, this is one of the few at which I have stayed where you really feel it’s genuine. Imagine the scenario that something dreadful happened and you were injured or ill or something … well at the Alma, I know you’d be taken care of.
The staff are amazing – and in a class of their own where it comes to pre-empting the mood of the client and dealing with it positively!.
I arrived after nearly 36 hours of travelling … a little fractious and needing to catch up on a serious amount of email and calls. I checked in went to the – lovely – room I’d booked and there was no desk, so I immediately flagged this up as an issue! (for me workspace as an absolute prerequisite)
Of course, sorting out a room change was absolutely no problem at all, they just needed a little time, and which point I was gently propelled to the bar and offered a welcome drink. I got over myself for being uptight and asking for a water - sat at the end table got the laptop out, logged on to their excellent fast and free WIFI … and started working!
The welcome drink extended to the best part of a bottle of extremely drinkable dry white wine! The music got right into the groove and the room filled up with a lively and really happening crowd. As all this unfolded I simply relaxed and went with the flow. Life at this stage is so seriously not bad … and I could have stayed in that bar all night working away or stopping and chatting … whatever … I felt completely comfortable
The rest is history. I loved my stay at the Alma. They can do no wrong!
I was in Room 35 on the second floor which was a good size and had a balcony but as it rained torrentially for all 6 days I was there, I didn’t get to enjoy it!!!
Both the room and the bathroom were beautifully furnished and finished in an elegant combination of classically interesting items, surfaces and materials, and the ‘props’ included a collection of great art books … I could have spent a week just working my way through these. I was relaxed and very happy there.
The bathroom has a monochrome colour scheme with a striking combination of different tiles … and big frosted windows letting in lots of light. Everything in the room has its place and its story … and I felt very privileged to be there.
The minibar was fully stocked with a great selection of liquids and it even had a small wine fridge in the top which I thought was pure class!
The bed was a bit high off the ground .. but really comfortable and the sheets were a silky high thread-count cotton.
The quality of the housekeeping was also excellent – any clothes left lying around were hung up or folded – and I really felt compelled to tidy up each day before the room-keepers came in (and not in a pressured way ) but I didn’t want to be embarrassed by letting the standards down! 
The only thing it could have done with was a little more light. The desk side of the room (away from the balcony / windows) was a touch dark – but to be honest, all hotels I have encountered with pre-programmed ‘mood’ lighting … need a bit of a reality check in this area. ‘Mood’ does not have to equal ‘darkness’!
I was sad to leave the Alma – and that does not happen too often. I had a great time and it was the first time I had stayed in a hotel in TLV that I’d return to – after a couple of previous attempts!
I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a proper ‘boutique’ experience in this amazing city!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Anne,
Thank you for your review and for your kind words.
We here at the Alma will keep on doing our very best to give our amazing guests an exceptional experience staying with us.
I promise you, on your next visit I will take care of the desk lights :)
Please let me know in advance on your next visit to TLV: Ilan.sturm@almahotel.co.il

Reviewed December 17, 2013

One of these places that worth a detour.
I have no other way to describe it but to call it perfect! Granted, tel aviv is not the most silent city but if you want to experience the most tasteful designed suits with an outstanding, exceptional and incredible service along with the best location possible in tel aviv, simply add it to your bucket list, seriously.
I was blown away by the beauty of the hotel, non the less the beauty of the stuff (seriously, it's like they hire the best looking people in tel aviv) and they all are incredibly nice and helpful.
I must mention Shenhav, not really clear if she is the receptionist or part owner since she is so into her job that it seams almost as if she can't be just another employee, in any rate she was unbelievably nice and made me feel like it was all about me :-)))

Room Tip: The difference in prices is not significant so I would chose the best suite available
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Micky,
I would like to thank you for your beautiful words. :)
We did treat every expect of the hotel will tons of love and care and I it heartwarming to read that you enjoyed it.
I'd forward you complements to Shenhav and I'm sending her regards.
Hope to have you hear with us in the near future.
Yours,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Alma hotel is located right in the center of the coolest area in Tel-Aviv, Rotchild Blvd. The hotel itself is designed tastefuly and the rooms are magnificent. We also enjoyed the food at the restaurant/lounge. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony to the street, that way you can enjoy the atmoshpere of Tel-Aviv :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
IlanSturm, General Manager at Alma Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Ronny,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do looking forward to welcome you back here with us.

GM

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated her 40th birthday at the Alma hotel in Tel Aviv, where we stayed for one night. The hotel's staff was very cooperative when I requested assistance to prepare special treats as a surprise for my wife. The interior design of the hotel and the room are simply amazing. We felt as if we were travelling in the world of Alice in wonderland. The room was very spacious, and had the very best quality of amenities. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, and the service was impeccable. Throughout our stay, the entire staff was warm and welcoming, and we always felt as if we are the only guests and that everyone is going all the way to make sure we are enjoying our stay. We will definitely come back and visit Alma Hotel, Tel Aviv, in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much for your kind words.
My team and I will continue to do our best in order to make our guests a memorable stay.
I had forward you compliments to our architect and stylist.
Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit via: ilan.sturm@almahotel.co.il
Ilan.