“Class, comfort, & serenity”

Alma Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
san francisco
“Class, comfort, & serenity”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I have travelled to Tel Aviv many times in the past few years. Finding superior yet quiet and calming hotel accommodations in that non-stop frenetic city is a primary concern of ours. We've stayed at the large hotels (the Dan & the Hilton) as well as another boutique hotel (the Montefiore) and I can say with utmost certainty that none of those come close to the experience we had at the Alma. Walking into the Alma we were warmly greeted, immediately shown to our beautiful room where we found welcoming treats, and had all questions regarding the hotel, daily breakfast, complimentary internet access, etc. clearly answered. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Breakfast was terrific and all efforts were made to accommodate our wishes. The hotel is extremely well located for exploring Neve Tzedek, Jaffa, etc. Tel Aviv is a fun, wonderful city and calling the warm peaceful Alma Hotel home while we were there is something we will definitely repeat in the future.

Room Tip: We loved the Chocolate Room. Upgrading to the suite was a good move.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mstephenson176
IlanSturm, General Manager at Alma Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Here at The Alma Hotel & Lounge we enjoy giving our guests the experience that makes them feel the most at home. A quiet and calming stay is always one of our first priorities to our guests.

The rooms and suites at The Alma Hotel our each specifically designed to fit a different theme so we always enjoy bringing our guests to our beautiful rooms and making sure that their stay as delightful. Our staff is dedicated to welcoming our guests and making them feel at home.

As you pointed out our we our in the heart of the city so guests have an easy as well as enjoyable time experiencing the attractions, cafes and restaurants, and everything else the city has to offer.

Ilan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were originally booked at the Townhouse Hotel across the street, but they were overbooked, and we were upgraded to the Alma Hotel. Want a quaint boutique hotel. The room was wonderful and the breakfast was incredible. You have to try the eggs benedict with salmon. We did, however, have a small complaint that falls under form over function. There was not sufficient drawer space and we had to use our suitcases for drawers. This situation would have been fine if we were in Tel Aviv for a weekend but we had been travelling for over 2 weeks and had quite a bit of luggage. This was a minor inconvenience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Alma Hotel & Lounge. I am glad that we had the opportunity to accommodate you at The Alma Hotel & Lounge after being upgraded from Townhouse.

Our All Star Chef restaurant, by one of Israel's top chef, Yonatan Roshfeld is one of the parts that give our guests a special experience. A culinary experience with great dishes from different kitchens from around the world is an experience that we take pride in and make sure that our guests enjoy.

I am sorry to hear about the insufficient drawer space but I can recommend the suite for your next stay which will accommodate more closet space.

I hope I can welcome you to another stay at The Alma Hotel & Lounge.

Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After reading the other very positive reviews I chose Alma Hotel & Lounge for my two nights weekend trip to Tel Aviv despite of the price of 400 USD per night because I wanted to pamper myself a little bit. As my expectations where very high based on the reviews and the website pictures and I found myself pretty disappointed when I first entered the room: yes, the design is very nice but the room was tiny and on ground level! Basically the room was filled with the integrated Bathroom and a giant bed which left little space to move, being in the room means more or less to lie on the bed. Of course on ground level there is no real balcony so if you open the shades to let some light in or step in front of the "balcony door" you find yourself directly on the pass walk with people walking by and staring at your bed. That was a very uncomfortable experience as it forced us to stay inside a dark room with closed shades instead of enjoying a coffee in the sunlight. On the plus side the breakfast was indeed very delicious, the rooms spotlessly clean and the service very friendly and welcoming. But when five people come during ten minutes to ask you if you wanted something to drink but at the end nobody actually serves it and you have to ask them again it is not exactly my definition of excellence. I am not sure if I will come again to Alma - but if this is rated as the no 1 of Tel Aviv B&B I am a little bit scared of what to expect elsewhere... My recommendation: come and find out yourself, it was still a very pleasant stay, but make sure in advance that you will not end up in one of the three ground level rooms, they are definitely not worthy the high price!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Alsterkind
I am glad you had a delightful stay at The Alma Hotel & Lounge. I like to make sure that our guests receive the special experience we enjoy giving.

I recommend reserving a suite on your next stay so you can enjoy a bigger room and a sunlit terrace.

Our location is in the heart of the city making it easy of reach to main attractions, coffee houses and restaurants, and everything else great the city has to offer.

I'm sorry to hear that the ground level room did not fit your needs but I would be happy to accommodate you in an upper level room so we can make your stay comfortable and pleasurable next time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

At last a decent hotel in TA, which amazing, comfortable rooms and great service and smiley staff! I got sick of paying over the odds for one of the 'chain hotels' on the beach to get a shabby room, with rude staff and non existent customer service. So last time I came to TA I stayed at the Alma, on a friend's recommendation and absolutely loved it. The rooms are stylish, comfortable and beautifully furnished. The location is perfect for the buzz of Rothschild and an easy walk to Neve Tzedek and the beach, and the staff were just lovely. Thank goodness we finally have somewhere decent to stay, and get the service that TA hotels generally dont provide!

Room Tip: It's quite a busy/noisy location so take ear plugs if you are sensitive to noise!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your very kind words and compliments, The Alma Hotel is at the prime location in the heart of the city giving guests the option of enjoying what the city has to offer.

With our winning combination of beautifully designed rooms and suites, top service, heart of the city location , our guests at The Alma Hotel & Lounge enjoy a stay that can only guarantee the most delightful experience.

In order to better accommodate our guests we have double glazed most of the rooms and suites to give our guests a quiet and calming stay.

I would love to welcome you to another special stay at The Alma Hotel & Lounge.

Cathedral City, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If your the quirky travel type when it comes to design and drama
the Alma Hotel, once a "flat" with 6 apartments- built during the 1920's
will be candy to your eyes, and not just because of the stylish accessories
and design driven choices that "pop"out in each of 16 guestrooms.
That's half the story, the other h alf is the Alma Lounge where Chef
Jonathon Roshfeld's menu is scattered with surprises from start to
finish, from vegetables that sing out with flavor and a chocolate dessert
that promises magic and delivers when you take that timely moment to sense your taste buds. When it is privacy you cherish, whether you are a celebrity,
on the Forbes 400 or just want an ambiance that respects your taste,
this is it. There is not large lobby, bus tours or tour desk here, but
you can always cross the street on Yavne and visit Bakery 29 where
there is more mingling.
I was so charmed by the unexpected decor here that when I saw
a headboard that was actually a work of art ( you could say it was
repurposed) I realized what a gem this hotel is, and it is in its own class
on several levels. The memory of an early era in Israel's history is
captured in a stenciled pattern in the hallway, it was preserved, not removed.
I am not going to reveal anything further about "The Alma" except to say
you might be surprised to see who has discovered it already-I will
keep that secret a mystery for now.-pam price

Room Tip: The guestroom with the headboard ( it was found in an Italian town) that portrays a vintage f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pam1751
Dear Pam,

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews and comments.

At The Alma Hotel & Lounge we take pride in our special architecture that tells the story of an early era in Israel's history. We have preserved the architecture and building structure from 1923 to give guests an authentic feel of the city.

One of our priorities is to make sure that our guests have the privacy they require as well as the exquisite decor that everyone of our rooms holds.

Our lounge, led by All Star chef, Jonathan Roshfeld, is eager to welcome our guests to a delightful culinary experience during their stay.

I would be happy to welcome you to The Alma Hotel & Lounge for another wonderful stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been coming to Tel Aviv for years now and the city suffered from a bad reputation when it comes to hotel for the longest time. Honestly rightfully so. I must admit there is truly nothing like this hotel anywhere in town and I dare say anywhere in general. This is just effortlessly stylish with wonderful service to support the aesthetic and experience. The eclectic design is border line mind blowing and the location can not be beat. Can't think of myself staying anywhere else in town now that I have experienced this place.

Room Tip: The bigger rooms are worth the splurge
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank worldofT
I am glad you have taken the time to review The Alma Hotel & Lounge.

Here at The Alma Hotel & Lounge we make it a priority to give our guests an experience they can only get here. With our artist decor and special designed rooms and suite we create not only a luxurious and eye catching experience but also a comfortable one with our king size beds and big baths and bathrooms.

The location is in the heart of the city so I am glad that you enjoyed easy access to the great attractions and cafes the city has to offer.

I would love to welcome you back to The Alma Hotel & Lounge to another wonderful stay.

california
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is definitely the most beautiful and unique Boutique hotel in the heart of Tel-Aviv.
We enjoyed 2 nights celebrating our anniversary.
The hotel is decorated in a very special way, it seems like the owners and designers thought of everything.
The luxurious rooms has warm and pleasant atmosphere.
Breakfast was delicious !!!!!!!! it was served in the gorgeous lounge were you can also enjoy lunch & dinner by the very well known chef - Yonatan Roshfeld
The staff were very pleasant, professional and provided us personal service.
Will definitely come back !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dishonit
Thank you for taking the time to review and comment!

Giving our guests a unique and beautiful stay is always a priority and a pleasure at The Alma Hotel & Lounge. I am glad we could make your anniversary a wonderful one on your two night stay at our hotel.

Each one of our rooms has been specially decorated to it's theme to give guests a special experience. It is our pleasure to give top service to our guests in order to give them a delightful and easy stay.

Another part that gives our guests a special stay is our delicious breakfasts served in our lounge led by All Star chef, Jonathan Roshfeld.

I would be glad to welcome you and your wife to another great stay at The Alma Hotel & Lounge.