“Nicest chinese in Tel Aviv?” 4 of 5 bubbles

China Court
Ranked #396 of 1,561 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Nicest chinese in Tel Aviv?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here a few times and got a takeaway too.
Service was quick and staff very friendly. Food seemed better during sit down meal rather than takeout but overall food was good.
Portions of rice could be bigger but noodle portions made up for that.
Would and probably will eat here again before we leave tel aviv.

1 Thank Mexymatosis

• Hebrew first
La Crescenta, California
“Craving Chinese Food in Tel-Aviv by jorta-LaCrescenta,CA,USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I spent two weeks in Israel between late December 2013 and early January 2014. Coming from Southern California where great Chinese restaurants abound, I had remote expectations of locating a good Chinese restaurant in Tel Aviv.

However when one travels one is often pleasantly surprised by the restaurants encountered. I was very pessimistic about finding a good Chinese restaurant in Tel Aviv. This a town which is best enjoyed by walking in its neighborhoods, especially around the Mediterranean Sea beach area. Tucked discretely in a neighborhood of huge apartment buildings and hotels, a block from the US Embassy I found the China Court Chinese restaurant on 14 Shalom Alechem Street.

This great impeccably clean Chinese restaurant offers a superbly varied menu in English and Hebrew, serving scrumptious Chinese food, with outstanding friendly service orchestrated by the owner operator Mr.Tang. I dined here three times and took a friend for lunch once. By the second visit I was treated like family. The menu is very varied as you would expect from a Chinese restaurant in New York or Southern California. It is not Kosher but the neighborhood clientele flocks the place for lunch drawn by an economical lunch menu.

On Friday nights the place is packed. However, the quality of the service is not compromised. I had egg rolls that top any I've had in the states, the hot and sour soup was delicious and several of the meat entrees I savored were outstanding including the sweet and sour pork, the pork with garlic sauce, and the beef with ginger and spring onion.

In sum, this unassuming Chinese restaurant, with its cozy atmosphere, pleasant caring staff, and menu that exceeds 90 varied items is highly recommended for an enjoyable Chinese meal in Tel Aviv. I am coming back for more.

2 Thank john o
Las Vegas, NV
“Chinese food in Israel?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I didn't think I'd be eating Chinese food the second day I was in Israel, but I found myself here when some local friends of mine wanted Chinese. I guess I was interested to compare with the Chinese food I get in America. Overall, not bad. Portions were smaller and prices were higher than in the US, but that's to be expected. Szechuan beef was the standout dish, lots of flavor. Fried rice was... weird.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank veeRob
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived there on friday night and since the thaï house was full , we looked for an Asiatic restaurant .
Actually we didn't think it looked inviting , but because of the good reviews on trip , we went in .
We took 2 different soups that were eatable and looked exactly the same:) . 2 dishes that were passable but everything came so fast and so hot ,that I think it was ready and microwaved . The service was not inviting , and last we ordered leeches that the can had probably been oppenened the day before .
So we were ther e for the first and last time

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Top class food top class service. We were here last week with my wife and we got the best service possible - the staff was polite and attending. We both enjoyed the crispy duck and it was very tasty. we are going back for sure.

• Visited November 2013