“EXTRAORDINARY Experience ”
Review of Israel Wine Tour

Israel Wine Tour
Ranked #3 of 57 Food & Drink in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: Israel Wine Tour specializes in custom tailored wine tours throughout Israel. We have been leading wine tastings in Israel's top boutique wineries since 2008 and pride ourselves with the special relationship we have developed with Israel’s finest wine makers. Our tours combine the history of wine making in Israel dating back over 2100 years, along with wonderful vista points and exquisite food, all accompanied by world class wines. Israel Wine Tour are Licensed Tour Guides by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism and are happy to offer custom tailored tours throughout Israel.
Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

From beginning to end The best wine tour we have ever experienced. We have Tasted wines in Sonoma, Napa, Tuscany and lastly Barcelona. And this topped them all! Alon picked us up and was a gracious and informative host all in one. We didn't expect a sommelier as a wine guide but that's what you get. We were treated as special guests and every winery that we visited . We even had a detour to see an ancient wine press. We recommend definitely seeking them out on your next trip to Israel.

Date of experience: September 2015
in 9 reviews
"these guys"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2015 via mobile

Alon and Barak provided the BEST wine tour my husband and I have ever had! If you visit Tel Aviv you MUST not miss this tour!

1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed August 19, 2015

Since this was my fifth time in Israel I wanted to do something different. My husband and I live in California and have visited wine country all over the state as well as in France. Barak picked us up first in the morning and we went on to visit three Vineyards - Tzuba Boutique Winery, Nevo and Tzora Winery. Each of the wine makers were incredibly knowledgable and the wine was fantastic. Nevo was my personal favorite - the winemaker doesn't speak any english and he stores his wines in an old bomb shelter and they only make 7000 bottles a year. He also presses his own olives into the most amazing olive oil that I've ever had. He serves it with freshly baked bread during the tasting. It was truly special despite the fact that the owner wouldn't sell me any olive oil!(It's not me, he doesn't sell it. Only the wine.) It was a great day with a ton of insight that I would highly recommend.

2  Thank lauren s
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Unfortunately I didn't get to take this tour because our trip to Israel was cancelled. However, I just want to comment that we had booked a relocation tour and paid the deposit. All my questions received almost immediate responses. When I had to cancel the tour, our deposit was returned within 24 hours of telling them. Given they are half way around the world, that may have been immediately upon them seeing my email. These guys seem great, and I am truly disappointed that I didn't get to meet them and enjoy their hospitality.

1  Thank TweetieTravels
See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2015

6 years ago, Alon took us to wineries in the Judean hills, 2 years ago Barak took us on a Galilee tour and this trip to Israel was a good time to see 3 wineries in the Golan. Alon picked us up at Lavi and first stop was Odem Mountain. Tours and tastings are arranged to be private with lots of personal attention from owners, vintners and workers. We only do kosher wineries and our guides find the best! It was an eclectic choice with small to mid-sized Odem followed by the huge operation at Golan Heights Winery. Amazing wine at both of them. Last stop was Matar by Pelter, a separate kosher operation within the larger winery. No fancy tasting room, just great wine. We can't wait for another chance to tour with the Yitzhaki brothers. No shortage of great wineries in Israel.