“Israel Wine Tours - The Spoiler” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Israel Wine Tour

Israel Wine Tour
Ranked #2 of 44 Food & Drink in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: Israel Wine Tour specializes in custom tailored wine tours throughout Israel. We have been leading wine tastings in boutique and large scale wineries since 2008 and pride ourselves with the special relationship we have developed with Israel’s finest wine makers. Our tours combine the history of wine making in Israel dating back over 2100 years, along with wonderful vista points and exquisite food, all accompanied by world class wines.
Winter Park, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Israel Wine Tours - The Spoiler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Book this tour and have no doubt that you will be very pleased with your decision!

Okay, now that we have that out of the way, let me say that this was an unexpected highlight out of a trip that was filled with highlights. This was not a wine tour as much as it was an intimate visit with three of Alon’s good friends who happen to run wineries. We met people with tremendous passion and each had a story or a history that seemed to reflect the determination and character of the people of Israel. The wines, the vintner’s personalities and the vistas were all varied and wonderful. As if the wineries and the vistas were not enough, Alon shared a meal with us at a never-to-be forgotten Arab restaurant in a small town near one of the wineries. To put this review in perspective, I will tell you that my wife and I have been blessed by knowing a master sommelier who has provided us with personal introductions that have resulted in some great visits in other regions. That said, we have never enjoyed a day in any wine region as much as we have in the Judean Hills with Alon.

1 Thank greg w

• Hebrew first
Montreal, Canada
“Judean Hills Winery Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently spent a day touring three wineries with Barak Yitzhaki, on the Judean Hills Winery Tour. Barak was so much more than a guide; as so insightfully stated by Shuki Yashuv, winemaker at Agur Winery, the wine was “merely the excuse”.

We enjoyed all three of our visits, each winery offering something very different, in terms of both the wines (which were absolutely delicious) and the overall experience. Most of all, however, we enjoyed the conversation with Barak.

I have been to Israel a number of times in recent years, but this was my first winery tour. Whether you are thirsting for wine, wonderfully personal encounters with the winemakers or simply something different to do in Israel, you will not be disappointed. The day spent with Barak was one of the highlights of our 10-day trip.

Thank you Barak, for a wonderful day and very special memories!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Carmel Region Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A coworker highly recommended the Israel Wine Tour. Her rave reviews of the trip and the tour guides made it a no brainer for me to go with this company. They offer many options for tours, but what really did it for me was the visit to Tulip Winery on the Carmel Region tour. Alon, my tour guide, was so friendly, knowledgeable on the region and the wines, and an indispensable part of this tour. I wish that I had more time in Israel to take advantage of Alon's tour guiding skills.

Whether you have a week or a month in Israel, you should put this on the top of your "Must-do" list. When I am back in Israel, there is no doubt that I will contact this tour company again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank alisonfrank77
San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top 3 Things To Do In Israel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have now been on two tours with Alon and this has become one of the most memorable events on my trips to Israel. I live in California near Napa Valley and have an appreciation for good wine. Before I met Alon, I had never experienced quality Israeli wine and was unaware of how extensive of a boutique wine scene Israel has. Alon has all the best qualities for a tour guide:

- He's energetic and on time
- A great story teller and knowledgeable about the region's history
- Expert in everything to do w/ wine (grapes, terroir, tasting technique, palate etc)

Every stop we had was a completely unique and incredible experience that blended the perfect amount of wine tasting and other experiences, such as olive oil, cheese tasting and even a visit to a boutique microbrewery. On our last trip we even got to see an ancient wine press. Outside of being a great tour guide, Alon is an all around great guy. He took the time after our tour to map out directions for different things we wanted to do with insights and tips. I've recommended Israel Wine Tours to several families and most recently company outings. With the ability to accommodate any group size (they rent busses as needed), I sincerely think this is one of the top 3 things to do in Israel. Hope this helps!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lior T
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Judean Hills Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife parents and adult daughter had a fantastic time. The day flew by. I highly recommend this tour to anyone that has an interest in meeting the fascinating people involved in making the wines of Israel. Barak is well versed in the history, techniques, and geography of the region and guides us in the most professional way.