“Yummy food huge portions!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ha'Avazim

Ha'Avazim
Ranked #1,170 of 1,577 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Thousand Oaks, California, USA
“Yummy food huge portions!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My family and I were looking for a restaurant that served grilled meat and chicken and Israeli salads. We were so lucky to find this restaurant. When we sat down we asked for suggestions and were given some great suggestions. The waiter said the portions are very generous, so I we ordered half of what we would at other restaurants-and we had plenty of food! After reading other reviews, I would keep portion size in mind when ordering. If you want great grilled meats and salad, don't miss going here because others say the prices are high as the food is really very good! Just order less :). Good Jewish food should always come in an abundance-lol! As for the comments on service, all I can say is that we were treated very well, no complaints! We felt the value was good based on amount of food per serving.

• Visited January 2013

• Hebrew first
Merrick, New York
“Great Kosher Israeli Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This past August my husband and I visited Tel Aviv. My brother in law, who lives in Tel Aviv, knows that I love goose liver, brought us to Ha Avazim. All I can say is "WOW".
We had steak, chicken, goose liver (on skewers seasoned beautifully) and an array or Israeli salads, such as eggplant, carrot, different coleslaws and cabbage salads, pickles, tomatoes, matbucha which is a salad made with roasted pepper and tomato. The skewers are hot and delicious. Salad refills are free and the freshly baked pita bread is served warm. TO DIE FOR!
The service is friendly and professional. Our waiter Batilo kept refilling our salad plates without us even asking. The restaurant treated us to free desert and Moroccan tea with mint. (My husband is a Moroccan Israeli, so this was a special treat for us.)
This restaurant is not elegant, but the food and service are top notch.
I can't wait to return to Tel Aviv to this terrific, and very reasonably priced restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very impolite person serving at the table”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I’ve eaten in this place with a friend of mine as we didn’t want to have dinner close to the sea (restaurants were completely full).
Outside there were at least 12 persons and none inside. It was approx. 20.30 in the evening.
We decided to go inside as we don’t smoke and we had the first meeting with the man , I think he comes from Russia. He seemed to be bothered from us and very quickly he served us hummus with starters including with the dish. We asked then for chicken.
The man really flung the dishes on the table and some cucumbers fallen down on the table and he asked me to put on the dish again (the table had no napkin !).I said no and ith “nonchalance” he placed it again on the dish! While we were still masticating food…he came with his arms crossed and asked us “FINISHED?”..and as at this point we only wanted to go away, we said “Yes” .He quickly started to clear the table putting us in a hurry…even if the place was empty! He asked us for 200 Shekels..and pretended 20 shekel more for the service!I said I was not obliged to do it and he said “You are obliged to give me 20 Shekles”.
as I didn’t want to talk to that person one second more I went away asking for my “kabala” that he had not yet prepared for us.While we were going out, he didn’t greet us…
If you don’t want to be treated as we were, with such an impolite and rude man, keep away from this place.This was my only bad experience in Israel.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Laura A
Tel Aviv
“Our favourite grilled meat place near the Tel Aviv Port”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I live in Tel Aviv and am writing to counter the bad reviews that have been published here about Ha'Avazim, meaning "The Geese". We love to eat shipudim (grilled meat skewers) along with Middle Eastern salads, and this is our favourite place for it in north Tel Aviv near the entrance to the Port.

You can choose from chicken breast, pargiot, beef, lamb, liver, goose breast and all sorts of meats, and the skewers arrive hot, tasty and perfectly cooked. Included in the meal is a selection of tiny plates of delicious, fresh Middle Eastern salads such as eggplant, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, and pickles, with free refills, plus fresh baked bread. Their home-made hummus is also delicious. Roni the manager is a friendly guy and you'll sometimes be offered complimentary tea or black coffee along with baklava pastries for dessert.

It's an informal place with seating outside and inside, the service has always been good when I've been there, and the prices are very reasonable. I think it's a much better place than most of the other shipudim restaurants I've eaten at in Israel.

We've sent visitors from the States, London and Italy there and they all loved it, and we were just there again last night with a visiting relative and his wife plus a group of American students at Tel Aviv University, and it was another great meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MichaelGTelAviv
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Very good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came hungry so we ordered some appetizers and then meet skewers. This was fine and tasty. When the bill came, the surprise was quite big. Only two numbers and it was very unclear for what exactly we are paying which sum.

• Visited July 2013