“friendly, intimate atmosphere”
Review of Townhouse Tel Aviv

Townhouse Tel Aviv
Ranked #72 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Very friendly staff giving me the impression of being a guest with some family or friends

The hotel is in a beautiful, old building

The rooms are big and bright, with large windows. Unfortunately, my room was a little worn down with some minor stains in the bathroom, and my bedsheet had some minor dirt/residue on one side, but nothing too bad

Internet (in-room wifi) was a problem: it didn't work on the first day and only very poorly for the rest of my stay

Location is very good, right next to Rothschild Blvd with bars/restaurants and only 20 min to the beach by foot

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
MCF7200, General Manager at Townhouse Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review the Townhouse Tel Aviv, sorry about the little slip-up's... The Wifi has been completely renewed and I assume that this was being done during your stay, no the hotel is completely covered with fast Wfi. We hope that we will see you back soon to our hotel and thank you again for being our guest.
Warm regards from Tel Aviv

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is located in my favourite part of Tel Aviv, near lots of great restaurants and just off wonderful Rothschild Boulevard and so very accessible for beach, offices and the airport as well.

I booked a standard room which was more than adequate - comfy bed; nice amenities and good bathroom (particularly the shower).

The big advantage of Townhouse TLV is that it is small and homely and the downstairs area is more akin to being in a house than a hotel. Breakfast was disappointing and post my stay having looked again at their website, the orange juice certainly wasn't freshly squeezed!

The price is sensible but this is more of a 3-4 star boutique hotel rather than luxurious boutique hotel. Stay here with that expectation and you'll have a great time in a fabulous city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear HB133, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we are constantly trying to improve the standard and service of the hotel and its so important to get good honest feedback from our guests which helps make improvements.
Thank again for being our guest and look forward to seeing you back very soon.
Warm regards from Tel Aviv

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had high expectations from this hotel based on the number of positive reviews but we're disappointed with several aspects of the property. The rooms were small and cramped. Bathroom was good size though. Ironically, we had the largest room with a private terrace. What was annoying is the fact that the terrace had almost no furniture. I expected that they'd have 2 lounge chairs to enjoy the continuous sun. The breakfast was pretty mediocre with a very small selection and frankly an embarrassment to "Israeli breakfast". The parking was a disaster with a lot full of needles, condoms and garbage. The service wasn't warm at all, the receptionist was too busy to look at her computer screen that she doesn't even acknowledge when guests arrive. Only good thing was that they spoke English. It's too bad because this hotel has a lot of potential because the location is fantastic. They need to increase the room size, hire competent staff and serve a better breakfast, it wouldn't hurt either for them to sweep the parking lot more regularly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear WldTrvlrmtl, I would like to thank you for reviewing the hotel, although I was sad to read your review which I would like to answer point by point. The hotel is a 1930's building, or a Grade 1 building which means that no changes to the building are permitted. The room size is actually larger than most hotels in Tel Aviv, and the room you had has a marvelous deck which most returning guests ask for due to it having a wonderful private outside space, 2 sun deck chairs would be a good idea.
The breakfast is a small intimate continental plus breakfast, with only 19 rooms in the hotel we don't want to have the large overflowing food displays the larger hotels have, we also have introduced a selection of eggs cooked to order, which most travelers appreciate. Regarding the staff, there is only ever one person on shift so when 3 guests come at once it can get busy, and all our staff speak fluent mother tongue English, along with Italian, French and Spanish spoken by some of the team.
The hotel does not have a parking lot, so I'm not sure there you parked, if you would like to send me some further details I would be much appreciative.
Again thank you for being our guest and hope you will indeed give us a second chance and look forward to seeing you back soon. Warm regards from Tel Aviv.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I went to the hotel for a meeting where I was greeted by the hotel's manager and welcomed by a wonderful selection of breakfast delights. The staff were so friendly and offered me freshly prepared eggs, coffee and salads. The general vibe is super relaxed and the decor is very chic. It feels like I've stepped into a home rather than any of the usual hotels I frequent.
The location is excellent and this little hidden hotel is a real gem that I recommend to anyone contemplating their stay in tel aviv.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Maggie8038

Thank you for your kind review, glad you enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and hope to see you back very soon, warm regards from Tel Aviv.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Townhouse Hotel in Tel Aviv is a small, intimate hotel located on a semi-quiet street. The staff is excellent, always willing to help those without Hebrew or just those that help. Breakfast is served as a buffet from 7 to 10 a.m. Loaded with healthy choices, it is a convenience for the guest. Cold water and coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available all day. Rooms are quite large with king sized beds, a refrigerator, a safe for valuables and brightly lit with in room adjustable AC. The bathroom has a walk-in shower, free robes and slippers and a large number of towels. Although not cheap, it charges less than other larger hotels. I recommend the Townhouse Hotel for a pleasant stay in a wonderful city.

Room Tip: Good rooms are available throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank hoshior

Dear hoshior, WOW what a super review, its was a pleasure having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you back with us very soon. Warm regards from Tel Aviv

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I arrived here this morning from Luton red-eye flight and got to the hotel at 7.45 am. they were so laid back and said have breakfast and coffee and we will check you in after. So much removed from the informal major chains that I have stayed in. It was like being greeted by family. I will further report after 8 days but what a brilliant way to be greeted. Very friendly and apparently you can drop back in any time of day and feast on their scrumptious bakery selection and coffee! Bring afriend or two no problem..this is to me the future of hotels. It has I think 19 rooms and mine is cool clean, big shower and totally relaxing. I arrived this morning and went straight to work in another boutique hotel ( the norman ) which is opening soon. so far 10 out of 10. will report more as the week goes on.

Room Tip: mine is number 7..no balcony faces back over car park. Ask for a balcony if you are a smoker.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mikenclare

Dear mikenclare,
Hey thank you so much for your review, so looking forward to reading the follow up's.... Its really great that you like the hotel and the family feeling we work so hard to maintain... You for being our guest. Warm regards

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was here on business. It is calm and quiet and a good location. The desk clerk, a young American whose name I don't know was quite helpful in finding a great restaurant, a limo and a store that sold a cable for my projector. Breakfast was awesome and lived up to the hype my colleagues had poured on about Israeli breakfast. My family has always wanted to visit Israel (from the US). When we return we shall stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Galuachiwewe
MCF7200, General Manager at Townhouse Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for the kind review, and for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. Have a great Summer and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!