“An excellent boutique hotel”
Review of Townhouse Tel Aviv

Townhouse Tel Aviv
Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Oxford, United Kingdom
“An excellent boutique hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A real find. And I will certainly be returning. Terrific location, close to the always busy Rotschild Boulevard, but remarkably quiet. I had a room in the basement which was enormous, stylish and very, very comfortable. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. And breakfast, taken with other guests around the large communal table in the hall, was superb. Can't wait for my next visit to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JCCMLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Wettingen
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice design atmosphere.

Elegant and finely equipped room, with attention to details.

Location in the best part of Tel Aviv.

Rich breakfast, excellent free wifi connection.

Staff could have been more friendly for the price you pay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catapaolo
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Charming and cosy boutique hotel. Perfect location!! On the corner of the trendy Rotschild Blvd., but still on a quiet area. It is surrounded by all kinds of trendy restaurants and some nightclubs, but I didn't hear noise from my room. I did love staying there! The rooms are very comfortable, stylish and silent. The bed is so good that you don't feel like getting out of it. The staff is nice and helpful. When we've arrived there, there were some complimentary cookies, coffee (with a nespresso kind of coffee machine) and a big bottle of water in our room. The breakfast doesn't have a wide variety of food, but it won't make you feel hungry. That's the only thing I think they could improve. I would stay there again for sure!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mariuza
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Fantastic location. Though they only have one bike they are close to the tel-o-fun. (Bikes for hire like in London). They are a 10minute ride to the best part of the beach. 20 min ride to Jaffa and 5 min walk from some of the best restaurants.

The hotel is small but very well decorated with nice touches like expresso machines your room. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is good.

Overall one of the nicest boutique hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor if you want it to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jonnysh
Milly
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very well located, 10 mns from the beach and 30 mns from Jaffa by foot, close to Rotschild Boulevard.
Very nice building and entrance (be prepared to carry your luggage on the 4-5 steps to reach the hotel) and a great cosy place, more on the 'chambre d'hôtes' style than hotel. Lost of great details - including cookies, expresso and drinks available all day long - nice design, great breakfast with homemade and bio products, nice rooms with great bathroom.
However, our room was on the street and because of works and traffic, we hardly slept at night. This is really a shame as it ruined my first good impression, rooms are not cheap and you would expect the owners to anticipate this kind of basic prerequisite.
When we asked the reception, we were answered that there was double glass window which I really doubt. We were suggested to ask for a back room next time ... unfortunately, as boutique hotels are flourishing in Tel Aviv, I think there will be no next time for us.

Room Tip: Back rooms absolutely
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have never written a review before for a hotel. I say I will but then get home and don't.

I felt compelled to write this due to how memorable and fabulous I found my experience to be.

Travelling on my own the hotel staff were like being with friends. Warm and super helpful, helping in finding whatever it is I needed I.e asking friends for recommendations of where to buy the best bikinis, arranging to keep a room free for me to shower and change before flying, having a chat with in the mornings or on return from my days expeditions.

Great breakfasts with small details like free snacks and drinks always in the lounge to take whenever you like I.e coming down to get a hot chocolate in the middle of the night.. Really like staying in a friends house.

The rooms are cute, well furnished, good bed and super comfortable.
Telaviv is a true mix of new and old. Friends were having the total opposite experience staying in one of the huge corporate 5 star old hotels, paying huge amounts of money for terrible service, food and experience.

All in all one of the most lovely travel experiences I have had - and I have had many!

And great value!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The rooms are well designed, I loved the shower (very important feature for me) Breakfast is fantastic, you can be as healthy or as naughty as you want to be. There are jars full of treats in the Living room area so willpower is needed if you're on a diet. The location couldn't be better

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo