“A Taste of the Development of Israel”
Review of Palmach Museum

and up
Private Tour: Customized Half-Day Walking Tour of Tel Aviv
Ranked #4 of 280 things to do in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive history museum by appointment only.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It is an amazing experience, definetly for history buffs, and anyone who has an interest in the development of Israel. You are swept into the historical points leading to the declearation of the state of Israel. The visit sweeps you along, with explainations in various languages and guides to lead you along (of the Israeli army.) I loved it, my elderly father loved it, wear walking shoes, it's indoors but the floor is rough at points to help experience the time period. Not for little kids.

1  Thank Davida V

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was probably the best museum I've been to. I have told every single person that this museum is a must see. I felt like i was watching my father's life.

2  Thank Rosalie L
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This museum follows the stories of several soldiers in the early stages of the state of Israel. You walk through different rooms, very authentic to be campfires, mountains, etc. watching videos of the stories of relationships and encounters. Never been to anything like it.

2  Thank Sande57701
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Museums are not always my thing. From the moment we entered the museum I was hooked.
Informative and well presented. I was taken by the story and the history. The entire experience has stayed with me for the entire trip.

1  Thank Gary K
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I liked everything this fantastic organization accomplished in the birth of Israel. I was there in 1948 when everything happened and many thought, it's a miracle. It was the Palmach, the Hagana, and young people serving this magnificent figting forces.