“Excellent Air Conditioner, fine paintings. Dark screens, museum staff is not nice”
Review of Beit Rubin Museum

Beit Rubin Museum
Ranked #76 of 279 things to do in Tel Aviv
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Rubin Museum promises free admission every Tuesday. It did not bother the guard for asking us to pay 20 NIS entrance per guest for entrance.We told him: "The entrance sign says free entry". so the guy tald us with a rude mude: " I forgot it's Tuesday".
We arrived with little twins, and he asked us to to leave the stroller at the entrance, so we had to hold the babies in our hands all time. also when the manager come - they both say that we can not use the Elevator, Indeed, we saw that the door is blocked by frames. so you sould know the there are 3 storey at the Museum. which is not accessible to special needs.
There are some beautiful and impressive paintings of Reuben at the building. All multimedia displays were not working for the fifty minutes we were at the museum. And we were not alone there. But - the air conditioner was excellent. and with tel aviv's summer - this is fine

There are newer reviews for Beit Rubin Museum

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Reuven Rubin is a revered artist who from the 1920's to 1980 painted the countryside and people of Palestine and Israel. The collection is housed in his former home and offers a wonderful selection of his very colorful paintings. Also included is his studio and photos of the many world leaders and celebrities he knew. A wonderful history of Israel in itself. An intimate museum.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went here only because it was marked on my map and I happened to be nearby. I was actually more interested in the architecture, since I'm not crazy about watercolors, but in the end I enjoyed the contents of the house as much as the house itself. It is located in the White City or Bauhaus area and is one of several free-standing one-family homes built in the '20's open to the public.

1  Thank LWL3333
Reviewed October 23, 2012

the buliding is located on a very nice street and the paintings are very interesting. i was not familiar with the painter but i grew to ilk him alot as i kept seeing more and more of his paintings in museums around the country. the house is definetely interesting, the ground floor is a mix of muslim and jewish decoration elements very well detailed

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I went few years ago to view an exhibition of Rubin at Tel aviv museum of art. And as my son drawing was about to be exposed at Rubin's museum I got excited. But, I was disappointed as there were not guides to explain, tell or indicate anything to do with Rubin's life and art. It was only the paintings. Unless I knew few things about him, it could be very boring. So I didn't give it a five.