“A Great Little Hotel in the Center of Tel Aviv!”
Review of Central Hotel

Central Hotel
Ranked #88 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in Central Hotel. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful, just ask them anything and they will provide countless tips and great suggestions!
The room was a tad small, but for this price and in such a great location, it's definitely worth it.
I've looked at the review below by Dennis, and I must say that you really cannot compare a city in southeast Asia to Tel Aviv. Tel Aviv is an incredibly small and expensive city. And as someone who looked into many other hotels in the same price range as Central's, I must say that its a unique value for money accommodation in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Central Hotel

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The reality of our experiences in the Central Hotel in Tel Aviv bear little relation to the glowing reviews I read prior to booking. After staying there and then reading the bad reviews, translating those in languages other than English, I can now say they were right on. The location is fine and the staff was friendly and helpful but our room was tiny, noisy and, shall we say, well-worn. The bed took up 2/3 of the room. The shower/bathroom was tinier still and the sink the tiniest I've seen in my life; an oval about 11 inches by 6 inches. You can't wash your face without getting your legs and feet wet. The floor of the room was partially covered by thin, red, industrial mats that needed vacuuming. The bottom, fitted sheet didn't fit the mattress and came partially off each night.

Their website calls it a "boutique hotel" and "stylish". It also boasts "sound-proof rooms". This is a cruel joke. We had room 111, across the narrow hall from the "dining room" and by the reception desk. Every noise is heard clearly inside the room, people passing late at night, staff talking on the phone, guests eating the mediocre breakfast etc.. There was no seal around the thin door which was clearly silhouetted by light from the hallway and allowed all noises through. A spritzer was installed high on the wall. Every half hour or so it squirted a cloying fragrance to mask the odors from the bathroom. Their "garden" is nothing more than a dilapidated patio.

I asked for a different room but was told the only one available was the one next to ours that opens right into the lobby. Little difference it would've made because after talking with other guests, their rooms must've been no better than ours.

In Southeast Asia, I wouldn't be surprised to pay 10, maybe 15 dollars for a room like this in a guesthouse. But at least there, the floors would be immaculate. All in all, an way over-priced dump!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm from Las Vegas, going to Israel twice a year and Stayed there last summer, small boutique hotel, very central and 2 min ways from the beach so I couldn't ask for more! the staff was extremely friendly and nice, really good service. The room was clean and the bad was comfi :) rooms are in great condition, also the rate was good and def worth every $ I spent. Sent a lot of my friends and everyone was satisfied ! Def going back there this year!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sivanic86
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Thank you for all the kind help and advice you have given me during my stay at Central Hotel Tel Aviv. Thank you very much for your hospitality, and everything! I especially appreciate your sincere warmth, grace, kindness, friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness (great and kind willingness to help)! You are invaluable friends to me that I met during my stay in Tel Aviv. Greatly appreciate that. Best regards and with Heavenly blessings Piea Peng (Christine Lee).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Excellent place to stay in Tel Aviv. Stayed there 2 nights and I would definitely stay there again. Awesome location, the room is quite clean, the staff were really lovely and welcoming. Great atmosphere with fresh and modern touch!

I recommend! :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Best Trip Ever!!
"I'm from Cape town South Africa.
In August of this year I travelled to Israel and Had it not been for the staff at the comfort hotel I would have been completely lost !not alone was there rooms in impeccable condition ,their service of the most professional standard I have had in years , but they received me as a friend and basically helped me plan my trip as well as organize further accommodation in other parts of Israel .
They are also situated close to the most beautifully beaches and on the most important bus routes for tourists !
What more can I say thank you so much to the owner and staff at the comfort hotel ,you made my trip and stay an experience of a lifetime !

Many thanx again !!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 15, 2012

to stay in tel aviv in a good and convenient hotel in the center of tel aviv! it is nice and well orgenuzed, i defently will come back! we had a very good stay, the room was clean and worm, the location was great

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple