“Great location! But beware group tours...”

Leonardo Art Tel Aviv
Ranked #73 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Quebec
“Great location! But beware group tours...”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed at the Marina hotel as part of my Jewish birthright group trip and greatly enjoyed staying here primarily because of it's location on the sea shore promenade, which consists of a beautiful view and numerous restaurants nearby. Because we were a large group, we were three per room. The beds were relatively comfortable but I've slept on more comfortable mattresses in my lifetime. The room was clean however, which is always very important to me.

I only stayed one night so I cannot comment extensively but I will warn tourists that as a group we were a noisy bunch. Those who plan to stay at this hotel and seek peace and quiet have been warned!

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
The Netherlands
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I do not understand the bad reviews.This is an excellent hotel, new decorated rooms, good and helpfull staff. The entrance, lobby is beautifull, richfull breakfast and diner,
easy acces to the beach. Just excellent !!!!

• Stayed August 2010
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I had visited marina hotel on leisure purpose. The have spacious rooms. Free access to business longue where we can have wine and beverages at no extra cost.
The location of this hotel is having nice to the sea and the beach so you can enjoy the view. The break fast complimentary is good. They have good staff who will take care of problems we complain but some time their look abit rude
but i love it
I spent almost 30 mins waiting for check in and there started the bad experiences.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Eilat
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I love the location center of everything, the pool with the bars enjoy the evenings with the sunset, if you book this hotel do book the renovated rooms very comfi

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The entrances to the Marina resemble nothing so much as locations for a low-budget horror movie: you can come home via a highway underpass, a weed-infested concrete promenade, or an underground car park. Not very welcoming. The actual location, however - right by the marina and the Gordon Pool - is convenient, and the 5th floor room we had seemed to have been recently refurbished and was indistinguishable from any other mid-range hotel. Service was not outstanding but perfectly adequate. I wouldn't really recommend this hotel (our booking it was a mistake), but at least if you stay on the 5th floor it's not the fearful hell hole you might expect given some of the other reviews!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The staff at this hotel are exceptionally rude. I was originally given a room on the 4th floor. When I opened the door to the room, I noticed that the room smelled like mould and the air conditioning did not work. I went down to the front desk and was told I could pay to upgrade to a room on the 5th floor which had been recently renovated. Against my will, I paid for the 5th floor. Although the room was nicer and the air conditioning actually worked, I was very disappointed with my stay.
The pool at the hotel is used by people living in Tel Aviv as well as guests at the hotel. If you are a hotel guest, the pool staff treat you like a second class citizen. You can't even bring water to the pool and have to buy it there.
NEVER STAY AT THE MARINA.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I had visited marina hotel on business purpose. The have spacious rooms. Free access to business longue where we can have wine and beverages at no extra cost.
The location of this hiotel is having nice to to the sea and the beach so you can enjoy the view. The break fast which is complimentary is good. They have good staff who will take care of problems we complain.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business