“lively and fun hotel”

Ranked #76 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“lively and fun hotel”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice room with a lovely view over Tel Aviv beach and jaffa, very clean and a fantastic pool area on the roof with lively music and good food enjoyed my stay. Wonderful art on display on all the floors, it’s not the most luxury hotel in tel Aviv but it is in a great position for the beaches and local night life all within easy walking distance. The evening life on the pool deck was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: try to get the rooms facing the front,for great views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarinaTLV, General Manager at Leonardo Art Tel Aviv, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for commenting.
I enjoyed understanding you enjoyed your stay with us with the original artwork throughout the hotel and our great location.
Wishing you all the best and hoping to host you again,
Yair Ariel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Marina Hotel in Tel Aviv does have a good middle Class Standard. There was a friendly Employee at eception and fast CheckIn. We spend 2 nights there and can say, that it is a clean and clam Place. The Location was good, due lost of Shops and Restaurants have been there not far away. Nice decorated Breakfast Buffet. Choices of hot Beverages have been good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MarinaTLV, General Manager at Leonardo Art Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the service and location of the Marina Hotel.
Hoping to see you upon our returning guests.
Wishing you all the best,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I made a last minute decision to spend a night so I could experience the beach and moved from my Jerusalem hotel. I had been to Tel Aviv 3 times but always stayed at the Sheraton up the street. I was disappointed from the moment I arrived. The registration desk person served up too much attitude. My asking questions was a nuisance.

It was a hot day and when I complained that the air in the room was not cooling sufficiently, I was told that it was due to conservation measures. Eventually it cooled but you couldn't adjust the thermostat ...it was preset and so was cool but just barely.

I am moving out of this hotel today and moving to the Sheraton or the Hilton and I do not plan on coming back.

If you are planning to stay here and are paying more than $250 dollars a night, you won't get your monies worth. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask if you can adjust the A/C so it actually cools.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments.
The Marina Hotel has changed it's air-conditioning system to an eco-friendly and environmentally safe new system and you may have felt the system not working strong enough in your room upon entering, however after a few minutes, the room cools very quickly. Nevertheless, it goes without saying that all of our staff should give our guests the proper attention deserved. I regret having to understand that you felt a nuisance and should you return to Israel, I hope you give us the opportunity to host you as our VIP returning guest.

Best regards,
SYDNEY
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We did not feel we got value for price spent in Israel for accommodation this month.
Maybe being the height of Summer or the influx of Macciabiah games participants were the reasons. We stayed - 3 people - at the Marina Hotel for 2 nights for AUD690. Expensive..
This is originally a very old low rise hotel - which had open walkways along the hotel rooms,
which seem to be over roadways. These are now sealed with glass and windows.
The hotel is now nicely renovated. Our room quite large, clean with good furnishings.
The open out couch was incredibly hard as a 3rd bed - but the teenager survuved.
Bathroom was fine EXCEPT for no shower rose attachment at head height.
With 6ft males this was a huge annoyance having to hold a shower rose whilst
trying to shower. I was sad at ALL the water we were wasting.....especcialy in Israel.
Breakfast included was fantastci/fresh and much variety.
I just have to say that the power play that ensued between my husband and the female desk staff
over printing our sons E ticket was very unpleasant/unnecessary and left a very bad overall taste
about the Marina Hotel for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TRAVELEAST7
MarinaTLV, General Manager at Leonardo Art Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time in commenting.
As summer is indeed the peak season, we offer our guests top quality service all year round and I regret if we did not live up to your every expectation. Our main goal is to attend your needs and assure a pleasurable stay with our newly renovated rooms, rich Israeli breakfast and service oriented staff.
We pride ourselves on responding to guests comments as every comment is important to us.
Wishing you all the best,
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We traveled with a tour group and stayed here one night. The rooms were very "European", meaning they were VERY small. If we had to stay there more than one night, I would have become very, very uncomfortable. Food was not bad, but nothing extraordinary. Staff was not exactly rude, but didn't seem to care whether you were there or not. Another tour group was there and ran rampant around the dining room. They seemed to think they were the only ones there. Requests for the staff to intervene fell on deaf ears. It's an OK place to stay, but only for a short time.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,
I regret understanding from your comments that you did not receive the well deserved attention expected.
Should you decide to return to Israel and stay with us at the Marina Hotel, I would be glad to make your stay with us a very enjoyable and a perfect one.
Thank you for taking the time in commenting and best regards,
Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I was exhausted so I didn't walk down to the nearby beach although people in our group did so. Food was ok but nothing fantastic. Rooms are tiny but adequate. However do not stay in a room on the floor by elevator on the floor below the bar as we heard different groups of people laughing and hollering waiting for the elevator to come. Since they were speaking in a different language I don't what they were saying but I am sure the groups had too to drink as the bar was one flight of stairs from our floor.and u had to get off on our floor and walk up that flight of stairs to the outside bar.This also meant these same people after drinking at the bar had to walk gown that flight of steps to get the elevator across from our room.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,
I apologize if your rest was interrupted as this clearly does not portray the atmosphere at the hotel.
Our Rooftop pool and Lounge is a mellow area and a security guard on duty permits entrance to this area, making sure the area is always in order.
I thank you for your time and wish you a pleasant summer,
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel thinks that if you stick some art on the wall it makes you a boutique hotel and that makes up for unfriendly service and bad breakfast. We stayed for a week on business and not one member of staff was friendly or helpful the whole time. A tomato cut in half and cucumber cut into 3 pieces is now called a salad and they did nor even have any tahini out! By the end of our time we were happy to skip breakfast. Aircon was not working and did not get fixed in the week were there. The pool bar is lovely but they kick you out a 6pm and close it for special functions. The rooms have been refurbished and are clean and comfortable. An average hotel you can find much better for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MarinaTLV, General Manager at Leonardo Art Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for commenting. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated & refurbished rooms. Our pool re-opens every evening at approximately 20:00 and operates as a very relaxing and enjoyable Rooftop Pool & Lounge with a unique evening atmosphere all of our guests enjoy.
Additionally, we have a Duty Manager on call at all times which would have been happy to attend your every need. I regret that we did not live up to your expectations and hope that you contact me directly should you decide to return to the Marina Hotel and give me the opportunity to host you as our VIP guest.
With best regards,