“Location+Price+Friendly”
Review of Gordon Inn Hotel

Gordon Inn Hotel
Reviewed March 20, 2014

If you are not looking for a luxury place, this hostel has everything you need. My friend and I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom, it was clean, had towels, closet, table, chair, mirror, in average standard but everything you need. They welcome you very very friendly and ready to help you about anything. They also have breakfast, and you can use the kitchen whenever you want. The location is just perfect. 2 min walk to Dizengoff street and 2 min walk to the beach, have a taxi station across the hostel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Selin H
GordonInn, Receptionist at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy that you enjoyed the accommodations that we have to offer. It is also good to hear that you took advantage of our helpful and knowledgeable staff. We hope to see you next time you're in Tel Aviv!

There are newer reviews for Gordon Inn Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Me and my daughter from Norway, near by Oslo was there for one week. What a wonderful place and staff. Justin! I'm a believer :-) The breakfast could be better but what a nice place to stay. I can come again and everything was nearby.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monika H
GordonInn, Public Relations Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! It is crucial to us improving the experience for our guests. We are also about to upgrade our breakfast so next time you are here you can let us know what you think!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We liked the location and thought the boys in the reception to be friendly and helpful. This said, the place is dangerously close to becoming a dump and need some serious renovating. Everything seems to be falling apart or is temporarily fixed. Day old danish pastry and unimaginable coffee makes up the bulk of the breakfast. We did feel the place had a certain charm and is ofcourse relatively inexpensive.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jörgen C
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad you enjoyed our helpful staff and our location. Just to let you know, we are in the process of upgrading our breakfast. We are also working to make this place more aesthetically pleasing. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you next time you are in Tel Aviv!

Gilad

Reviewed February 8, 2014

If you are looking for a luxury hotel then stay in one. If you are looking at the Gordon Inn it's likely you are looking to save some money and this is an excellent option for that. Friendly staff, great location and the breakfast is actually pretty good with several different pastries. Yes, the rooms are small, but if you've stayed in Manhattan or London your used to it, and yes it can be loud. Remember, this isn't a $250 a night room and there are other families or people trying to save money as well...families are loud, so are students who are travelling, as is Ben Yehuda Street....but you are a 2 minute walk from the beach for $65 a night! I found my room clean, and no signs of any bugs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kevin B
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you for the review, and appreciate your detailed over view.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer, from our breakfast to the location to our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you next time in Israel.

Thanks again!

Gilad

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed three nights in a 4-bed dorm at the Gordon Inn. Justin, a young, friendly fellow, checked me in and even offered to carry my bag to my top-floor room (but I declined, giving thanks).

The hostel looks very old, but was reasonably clean (I’ve stayed in far worst). I think it’s best asset is its excellent location: one block from the beach and within walking distance or a short bus ride from many Tel Aviv attractions.

My very small room had two bunk beds facing the very busy Yehuda Street. I closed the window, which helped some, and used my Bose noise-canceling headphones, which helped a bit more. But in time the room became quite smelly with four guys sleeping in it, so we left the window open a bit and some smell left and some noise entered.

There were no lockers in the room, so I was a bit concerned about my belongings being stolen. I locked my luggage, hoping for “good luck.” The room was fairly small, but not really cramped.

The bed was comfortable enough and I slept fairly well. The bathrooms are small, but adequate with plenty of hot water. The hostel even provides a clean towel (as well as clean sheets and pillow case). In the morning the room was a bit smelly, but I simply opened a window to freshen up the room. After all, this is a hostel dormitory room, not a fancy (and expensive) hotel room.

There is a small terrace with worn but comfy seats on the top floor. I and other liked to relax there, especially during the day, even though there was plenty of street noise three floors below us. Because the terrace was close to my dorm room, people chatting loudly there at night can be bothersome and even awoke me about a half-dozen times. Finally, they went to their rooms to sleep, and so we all could sleep. That’s very typical of backpacker hostels, especially in large cities like Tel Aviv; however, Hosteling International has higher standards, which I’ve learned from over 50 years of hosteling in 127 countries.

The breakfast surprised me: plenty of croissants and other pastries galore. Excellent orange juice, muesli, jam, butter, coffee and tea -- all included in the $25-per-night dorm fee -- a good bargain in super expensive Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing Yehuda Street if you value sleeping well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
GordonInn, Public Relations Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. We're glad you enjoyed the facilities of our hostel, including our rooftop terrace and the delicious breakfast. As for the noise, this is the cost for being located in such a quality location. It is a small price to pay for being close to the beach and to the center of the city. We're also glad you enjoyed our wonderful staff. We hope to see you next time if you are ever back in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The Gordon Inn is a good Option in Tel Aviv. It's close to the beach and City Centre. The rooms are clean ans the breakfast is good. WLAN is not to good in the higher floors. The terrace on the roof is quite nice. The Staff is helpfull.
Good option compared to other hostels or overpriced Hotels in TLV.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank uh6f
GordonInn, Front Office Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your review! We are actually re-freshening our WiFi network due to several complaints regarding the 3rd floor signal's strength.

Hope to see you again,
Gordon Inn staff

Reviewed November 6, 2013

After reading all the comments about cockroaches etc i was weary of coming to this hotel. Meantime i didn t see one cockroach in my entire stay. Friendly staff esp in the kitchen at breakfast time . Clean , organised and best location for what i paid . Its a block away from the beach at $70-00 per night for a large private room with 3 beds , fridge and shower . Yes i will be back .

Room Tip: Best room is 202 on the ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
GordonInn, Public Relations Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer, from our breakfast to the location to our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Israel. Thanks again!

Best Regards,