Gordon Inn Hotel
CrownePlaza.com
  • Beachfront
$390
  • Pool
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$599
Agoda.com
$1,202
$1,008
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroomfresh towels every dayfemale dorman expensive cityminute walk to the beachstaff was very friendly and helpfulperfect locationshakshukanoise from the streetminutes walkingair conditionincluded breakfastnice breakfastben yehudabars and restaurantsroom was spaciousperfect stay
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed three nights in a 4-bed dorm at the Gordon Inn. Justin, a young, friendly fellow, checked me in and even offered to carry my bag to my top-floor room (but I declined, giving thanks).

The hostel looks very old, but was reasonably clean (I’ve stayed in far worst). I think it’s best asset is its excellent location: one block from the beach and within walking distance or a short bus ride from many Tel Aviv attractions.

My very small room had two bunk beds facing the very busy Yehuda Street. I closed the window, which helped some, and used my Bose noise-canceling headphones, which helped a bit more. But in time the room became quite smelly with four guys sleeping in it, so we left the window open a bit and some smell left and some noise entered.

There were no lockers in the room, so I was a bit concerned about my belongings being stolen. I locked my luggage, hoping for “good luck.” The room was fairly small, but not really cramped.

The bed was comfortable enough and I slept fairly well. The bathrooms are small, but adequate with plenty of hot water. The hostel even provides a clean towel (as well as clean sheets and pillow case). In the morning the room was a bit smelly, but I simply opened a window to freshen up the room. After all, this is a hostel dormitory room, not a fancy (and expensive) hotel room.

There is a small terrace with worn but comfy seats on the top floor. I and other liked to relax there, especially during the day, even though there was plenty of street noise three floors below us. Because the terrace was close to my dorm room, people chatting loudly there at night can be bothersome and even awoke me about a half-dozen times. Finally, they went to their rooms to sleep, and so we all could sleep. That’s very typical of backpacker hostels, especially in large cities like Tel Aviv; however, Hosteling International has higher standards, which I’ve learned from over 50 years of hosteling in 127 countries.

The breakfast surprised me: plenty of croissants and other pastries galore. Excellent orange juice, muesli, jam, butter, coffee and tea -- all included in the $25-per-night dorm fee -- a good bargain in super expensive Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing Yehuda Street if you value sleeping well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
GordonInn, Public Relations Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. We're glad you enjoyed the facilities of our hostel, including our rooftop terrace and the delicious breakfast. As for the noise, this is the cost for being located in such a quality location. It is a small price to pay for being close to the beach and to the center of the city. We're also glad you enjoyed our wonderful staff. We hope to see you next time if you are ever back in Tel Aviv.

Best regards,

Justin
Gordon Inn

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The Gordon Inn is a good Option in Tel Aviv. It's close to the beach and City Centre. The rooms are clean ans the breakfast is good. WLAN is not to good in the higher floors. The terrace on the roof is quite nice. The Staff is helpfull.
Good option compared to other hostels or overpriced Hotels in TLV.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank uh6f
GordonInn, Front Office Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your review! We are actually re-freshening our WiFi network due to several complaints regarding the 3rd floor signal's strength.

Hope to see you again,
Gordon Inn staff

Reviewed November 6, 2013

After reading all the comments about cockroaches etc i was weary of coming to this hotel. Meantime i didn t see one cockroach in my entire stay. Friendly staff esp in the kitchen at breakfast time . Clean , organised and best location for what i paid . Its a block away from the beach at $70-00 per night for a large private room with 3 beds , fridge and shower . Yes i will be back .

Room Tip: Best room is 202 on the ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
GordonInn, Public Relations Manager at Gordon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer, from our breakfast to the location to our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Israel. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband were travelling in Israel, made booking in internet, i saw pictures and we didnt expect a lot from the hostel, just the place where you can sleep one night and thats it. When we arrive to Tel Aviv after 5,5 hours in autobus from Eilat, at night, after all day in Eilat walking under sun, and all day before in Jordan in Petra, can you imagine how tired were we? Doesnt matter anything, just lie on, even if its on the floor! But when we enter to the room.. I just realized i dont care 50 usd that we already paid, i dont care hiw tired we are, even just go and sleep on street or beach gonna be better then sleep there! It was disguisting! Hot smelly air in the room, i couldnt breath, was just 5 person in room, but it was that small, not even a place to step. I immediately found in internet another place near to stay and next morning we even didnt come back for a breakfast which was already paid, becouse the impression at night was so strong, i wouldnt ever come back there again. Of course, nobody gave us even 10% of our money back. I put 2 from 5 for service, because guy at reception was very nice, helped us to call to another hostel, not his fault that he is working in such horrible place.

• Stayed: October 2013
8  Thank NikaFichidindia

Dear Guest,

We're sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. We strive to offer the best service to our guests. You were in a smaller room, but there is air conditioning available in every room.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hostel is good for a trip to Tel Aviv. The price was a little expensive, however for Tel Aviv this is unsurprising. The location is good - very close to beach and good bus services - however there are not many bars nearby and you will have to get the Sherut elsewhere.
I found the dorms very clean, and the sheets also good quality.
The best thing about the hostel is the staff. EVERYONE is extremely friendly and very helpful!
The two problems with the hostel. Firstly, there are very few plugs in the dorms considering 6 or 8 people are staying there and will need to charge phones and ipods. Also, there is no kitchen to make your own food. This was a shame because Tel Aviv is very expensive, and so I spent more money than I wished on eating out.
Overall a good stay, however this hostel is only good for a short visit, not for a long period of time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ilana C

Dear Guest,

We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially the location and the compliments to the staff. If you decide to come back and stay with us, we have revamped our entire kitchen. We now have places to prepare your food! There are also a few bars within walking distance.