“Nice for the price!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tel Aviv
Beit Immanuel Hostel
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here the night before I caught my flight back to London. I traveled by bus from Migdal, Galilee and it was a pleasant and very straight forward journey. From the bus stop its under a 5 min walk and I was greeted by a great receptionist who gave me my key without delay. I had a triple room to myself and I felt a great joy when arriving from the long journey. Wifi was good and there was tea/coffee making facilities. Shower was hot and clean. The next day I took a walk into the Old city which was around 10 mins and the sea front. I would recommend to anyone who wants a cheap place to rest their head before a flight out of Tel Aviv!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Lukie89

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in 1995. The stairs with our luggage was a schlepp. We were in a dormitory type set up with several beds to a room. There was no air. It was really unpleasant with the exception of the lovely garden. But then we came again in 2003. There had been a huge renovation. Everything was different. There was air conditioning. Rooms were private, and the lobby was new and spacious. The price was still reasonable, the food lovely out in the garden.

Room Tip: Because of the steps, if you have problems walking, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Psalmreader
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I agree with all the 2012 reviews: The hotel was clean and comfortable, the location wasn't bad, and I met many friendly and interesting people. The rooms look a little old, and the beds are firm; but, that didn't affect my comfort at all. I didn't see any sign of the bugs mentioned in some of the 2010 reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gvlaker
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The guesthouse was relatively easy to find (with Sat Nav!) and first impressions were good. The friendliness and response to needs and questions was excellent. The rooms are clean and comfortable and beds firm. The bathroom was also of a comparable standard. With a little rejuvenation and brightening the guesthouse could perhaps enliven itself and shed its 'been around' appearance. Breakfast was good and it was clearly a popular place to stay which is always reassuring.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank trevcole
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This gem of a hostel/hotel is a great choice for budget travelers and those wanting a more quiet, peaceful place to stay while visiting Tel Aviv. The grounds are historic and lovely. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Old Jaffa, a lovely beach and several great restaurants are all within easy walking distance. Breakfast out in the garden and a breezy balcony in the room were charming parts of the stay. For summers, the AC is great! The staff were friendly, professional and helpful.

There is no elevator, which might be a problem for some, and internet is not always available in the rooms, but the lobby had a great signal and has very comfortable couches available. I thoroughly enjoyed my stays here and can easily recommend this hotel. A great choice!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank caventurer
Reviewed March 26, 2012

2012 I stayed here for one night. The room was clean, spacious and the price was reasonable. Charming garden outside. Helpful and friendly staff. The negative for me was the STAIRS since my room was up several flights. Also the taxi driver had a hard time finding this so be sure to take the address and directions in HEBREW not just in english! Wonderful breakfast. Coffee service in the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was overlooking the back and the garden and was very quiet. My friend had a room across the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank GingerLilyParis
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Clean, secure, comfortable, great value for the price. We had a good sized room for the four of us, in single beds. We were able to push two together to make a double. I didn't see any insects of any type, and I scoured for them. The en suite bath was a bit of a postage stamp, but more than adequate, again, considering the price. There was all we needed for morning coffee in our kitchenette. It wasn't long at all until I became a big fan of the nescafe and creamer mix provided.
The breakfast wasn't luxurious, but I was more than happy with it. Hard boiled eggs, large bowls of scrambled eggs, salad with tomato and cucumber, yogurt, juice, cereal, toast peanut butter and more.
If you don't like religion, it's readily ignored. If you do, there is a great service on Friday nights. There was a Russian speaker being translated into Hebrew. Then English. But nobody pushes anything.
Desk personnel were very helpful and friendly.
Great location. The neighborhood may appear a bit dicey, but walking around at night did not phase me, or perhaps I was too jet lagged or ravenous to care. I like a building with character and this one has it. The charm of its history appealed to me. Our room had a balcony we could enjoy.
I am not sure if there a lot of places in the world where you can simultaneously hear a rooster crow, the Moslem call to prayer, and a rave going on, but this is one of them.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family