“A peaceful retreat in Tel Aviv-Jaffa at a great value!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tel Aviv
Beit Immanuel Hostel
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This gem of a hostel/hotel is a great choice for budget travelers and those wanting a more quiet, peaceful place to stay while visiting Tel Aviv. The grounds are historic and lovely. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Old Jaffa, a lovely beach and several great restaurants are all within easy walking distance. Breakfast out in the garden and a breezy balcony in the room were charming parts of the stay. For summers, the AC is great! The staff were friendly, professional and helpful.

There is no elevator, which might be a problem for some, and internet is not always available in the rooms, but the lobby had a great signal and has very comfortable couches available. I thoroughly enjoyed my stays here and can easily recommend this hotel. A great choice!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank caventurer

Reviewed March 26, 2012

2012 I stayed here for one night. The room was clean, spacious and the price was reasonable. Charming garden outside. Helpful and friendly staff. The negative for me was the STAIRS since my room was up several flights. Also the taxi driver had a hard time finding this so be sure to take the address and directions in HEBREW not just in english! Wonderful breakfast. Coffee service in the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was overlooking the back and the garden and was very quiet. My friend had a room across the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank GingerLilyParis
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Clean, secure, comfortable, great value for the price. We had a good sized room for the four of us, in single beds. We were able to push two together to make a double. I didn't see any insects of any type, and I scoured for them. The en suite bath was a bit of a postage stamp, but more than adequate, again, considering the price. There was all we needed for morning coffee in our kitchenette. It wasn't long at all until I became a big fan of the nescafe and creamer mix provided.
The breakfast wasn't luxurious, but I was more than happy with it. Hard boiled eggs, large bowls of scrambled eggs, salad with tomato and cucumber, yogurt, juice, cereal, toast peanut butter and more.
If you don't like religion, it's readily ignored. If you do, there is a great service on Friday nights. There was a Russian speaker being translated into Hebrew. Then English. But nobody pushes anything.
Desk personnel were very helpful and friendly.
Great location. The neighborhood may appear a bit dicey, but walking around at night did not phase me, or perhaps I was too jet lagged or ravenous to care. I like a building with character and this one has it. The charm of its history appealed to me. Our room had a balcony we could enjoy.
I am not sure if there a lot of places in the world where you can simultaneously hear a rooster crow, the Moslem call to prayer, and a rave going on, but this is one of them.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jlayk
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I went to Tel Aviv for two months to study at Tel Aviv University - July to September 2011.
Although the hostel only allow short stays, they were nice enough to allow me to stay there for two months.
The room was nice and clean. The air conditioning worked wonders during the summer.
Breakfast was very good. There were volunteers from all over the world helping to run the place, which I found very nice of them to give time for this place.
It is a religious place but even if you are not religious you can feel that the place is very peaceful and quiet.
I stayed there two months and did not spend a fortune because the place is not expensive.
I found it value for money: clean, nice, great breakfast, near the beach and did not cost a fortune to stay.
I strongly recommend you to stay there.

Room Tip: There are nice balcony rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Marcos F
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed there only one night and it was a little scary. As we entered the reception we found copies of Messianic Times newspaper. The receptionist was very helpful. That's a plus. The room (with a balcony) was very nice, although there was a New Testament written in Hebrew next to the bed. The morning after, some people were praying in a room next to the reception. At breakfast a guest came to us to speak about Jews for Jesus and she told us that she will pray for us. It's freaky.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank real1963
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed in a private double with ensuite (private toilet/shower facilities). The room was clean and fresh supplies left daily. The desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and really made us feel at home. There was a medium sized rooftop deck which we used each night overlooking the city, and had it to ourselves both nights. It was a short walk to all areas in Jaffa, and even up the promenade all the way to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank JoeNotTheDog
Reviewed August 1, 2010

things crawling in the sheets ............. area rundown but near beach and jaffa staff friendly
breakfast good in garden if they can sort out crawley things in beds could be a good
budget hostel but three weeks later still icthing only three of us in room we had to take
the first watch to keep awake

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family