“A Tel Aviv Homecoming” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“A Tel Aviv Homecoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

In my last review, I discussed how the Artplus crew had become like a family; the kind, warm, enticing, and exciting atmosphere of the property was enough to feel like home, but pairing that with amazing people truly creates a one-of-a-kind hospitality. When I planned my returned to Tel Aviv, then, I knew there was only one hotel I would even consider to spend nearly three weeks.

This stay was a homecoming that speaks to the incredible lengths the staff at the Artplus Hotel goes to make their guests comfortable. At my first breakfast I was greeted by a hug from Margot. My first trip back from the beach surprised Stav, who didn’t know I was back in town. It was honestly like I never left, and it is proof that the Artplus Hotel’s customer service is premier; this was only supplemented by the new faces I encountered on this trip.

Housekeeping also granted the same considerations as last year. Many days of my stay I asked housekeeping to “Do Not Disturb” for a variety of reasons. Each day this was beyond respected; on many of these days, I would find a back of fresh towels and toiletries on my door handle when I was on my way or on my way back. Courtesy and comfort are the priority of Artplus, and again that was evident to me from my stay.

While the same exemplary customer service was the same, some aspects of the grounds had gone through an amazing makeover. The two rooms in which I stayed (I initially stayed prior to leaving for Jerusalem, and then returned when I came back to Tel Aviv) were the same décor as last year, but as someone who appreciates the minimalistic trend, that was perfect for me; there were changes that were quite major. There was a newly added gym, fully equipped with Life Fitness weight and cardio machinery; there was also a steam sauna (which is not operable on Shabbat). There was also additional art installations that only add to the creative nature already alive and abound and around this property. This was the only negative during my stay—there was a touch of construction throughout the premise that was a bit of an inconvenience. However, this customer sees the big picture; I know that these settle challenges only add to the overall effort of management to create a hotel that is up-to-date and functioning at the highest level for the guests. I would take that kind of inconvenience from a hotel any day.

And I would pick this hotel again when in Tel Aviv any day. The proximity to the beach is what drew me here last year, but the stand-up job of the staff is what will keep bringing me back. Like Stav said again to me before I loaded into my cab after checkout, I am part of the family; after this stay, much like the last, I cannot wait until the next reunion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank KaylaLeeinTLV
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Artplus Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear KaylaLeeinTLV,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind and in-depth review. We are pleased that we were able to make your stay comfortable and that you chose to stay with us during your time in TLV. Satisfied guests are our top priority, so we thank you for recognizing our staffs efforts to make this a reality. We are glad that you enjoyed your fresh towels and toiletries, and hope it added to your comfortable and relaxing stay with us at Artplus Hotel. We also love that you enjoyed the overall hotel and that you were able to take advantage of all the hotels recent updates and amenities. We are grateful for your loyalty to us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nitzan Almog Ishay, General Manager, ArtPlus Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is the second time we describe the hotel,
Binomial first time before the child was born, and now with child.
Hotel in an excellent location, walking access to the promenade and beach, many restaurants in the area.
Very nice rooms clean, the service very accommodating,
We loved the peace of the hotel, and of course the big plus of this hotel free parking.
It is highly recommended

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The place takes one quite by surprise. Entering the bright lobby I wondered what I was letting myself in for, but was in for a pleasant surprise. Different from the usual hotels, it's hip and trendy and very arty (it celebrates Israeli art) yet comfortable. The rooms are small, but comfortable. The bathrooms, pretty miniscule are yet laid out with all amenities.I would say great use is made of space. There's a sun terrace to lounge in and the restaurant serves great breakfast.The staff are very helpful and cheerful..
The location of the hotel is great too. There are a host of restaurants and coffee shops nearby and the beach is a short walk away. So all in all it's well worth staying in.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main street with it's traffic and noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a goodt stay in this hotel in Tel Aviv. Staff is great and very friendly. breackfast is very good with many local dishes and the regular stuff. Every day in the afternoon there are complementary drinks and food. its a good time to wind off before going out at night. We did have one minor problem with the air conditioning. We had a lik and thre was noone to fix it until the next day. we where given another room but was to close to the Street and it was a bit noisy. We went back to the original room the next day after being told the air conditioning problem was fixed but unfortunatelly it continued. The last 2 night we just dealed with this problem.

Room Tip: Dont get a room close to the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location, walk to beach. Wonderful happy hour, Only negative thing I could say was that my closet at home was bigger than my room. And one morning I shared that space with a large bug crawling on the floor. I did kill it and hoped that none of its relatives came home in my bags.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frankie1019
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Artplus Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Frankie1019,
Thank you for your candid feedback and for your kind compliments regarding our staff, and location. We are happy that you enjoyed your overall stay. Regarding your comments of an insect, we have never received a complaint regarding this issue before and therefore as this is a singular incident we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may look into this issue right away. As you can see from previous comments this is not our standard and we do apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Artplus Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nitzan Almog Ishay, General Manager, ArtPlus Hotel