“Close to the beach”
Review of The Maxim Hotel

The Maxim Hotel
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Maxim is a nice little hotel within sight of the beach. The rooms are quite small...they are okay but be prepared for a small but comfortable room. We could see the sea if we looked out of our window but you had to stand and look out and the window was small. We were able to walk along the boardwalk to Joppa from the hotel along the boardwalk (it's a 35 minute walk each way). There were also plenty of restaurants in the area. The staff, while not overly friendly, were nice enough. They had cakes, tea and coffee in the late afternoon which was a nice treat and the breakfast, while not extensive, was perfectly adequate. The only thing that was a problem was the construction going on across the street. We are early risers so it didn't awaken us but the sound of the power tools was a little annoying. I know this isn't the hotel's fault but if you want to sleep late, try to get a room on the backside where you won't hear the noise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel itself is alright, it's located directly at the beach and quite central, the breakfast offers a large variety, yet the quality of the food is not the best. The rooms are clean and ok, a little small but they contain all you need.
However, the service is catastrophic! A few examples:
When I told the receptionist, WIFI wasn't working, the first answer was "It's working on my computer"... after I stood around for 10 minutes and was blamed that it was somehow my fault that the internet was gone, he called another person who clicked around on the computer in the lobby (where it wasn't working either). After telling me a couple more times that it was probably me who did something wrong, he decided that there was indeed no connection and that "something is wrong". After declaring this, he just walked away, leaving me still WIFI-less in the lobby and that was the end of it.
The cleaning staff disposed of my collected taxi receipts and thus robbed me of this money that I could've reimbursed (business trip) under normal circumstances. Trying to complain at the reception lead to the lady staring at me for about 20 minutes, telling me she didn't know what to do about it and that it was actually my fault because I shouldn't have put the receipts on the desk (as apparently I should be aware that anything I put there is in danger of being thrown away). When it was time to leave, I left. Nothing happened, they didn't even apologize.

They absolutely do not know how to treat their guests, do not take them seriously (or maybe they just don't take young women travelling alone seriously?). This was service hell: they were rude, didn't help (not even tried to) and robbed me of that money I spent for cabs and now cannot get back from my employer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear hekatereina,
We were very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and location!
As for WIFi, during your stay we were replacing the old WIFI system to a new one, so now the signal is strong.
We will definately check what exactly happened with your receipts.
We take all complaints very seriously,please feel free to write to our e-mail: reservation@telavivmaxim.com if you have any additional info.
We hope to host you in the future so we can improve your experience.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

PERFECT stay in Tel Aviv. Maxim Hotel is a trendy little boutique hotel just steps away from the beach in TLV. In fact my room has a view of the sea. The staff was fantastic, the room was clean and modern, and the breakfast was fabulous! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to room #211.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Justin D
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The Maxim Hotel is a really amazing hotel, clean and comfortable rooms,very delicious food (breakfast and dinner) , very close to the beach about 5 min's only,
we like this hotel very much and we recommended it to the all .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed November 27, 2013

At 6am on the morning of our flight we got a strange phone call from Israel - "This is The Maxim Hotel are you still coming?"
Well anyway we eventually landed 9pm Israeli time and got shown our room which was small.
The air conditioner packed in and it was 27 degrees out there. For $180 per night one would expect something to be sorted there and then. The guy on reception basically was'nt interested as I mentioned to a very apologetic manager the next morning when we departed from the hotel.
I remember the breakfast consisting of on one table of cold food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacque4_11
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Jacque4_11
We are really sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us!
We are trying to improve all the time, so please feel free to contact me directly on: reservation@telavivmaxim.com with more details, so our Management team will have more tools to deal with it.
We hope that on you next visit we will be able to give you a better feel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Spent 6 days at this boutique hotel which I think has to be the best value in Tel Aviv. I had originally booked in at the Dan Panorama but came across all the positive feedback on TA so I switched.

The rooms have been renovated and are absolutely spotless, and while they are not large, are adequate for 1 or 2 people.You have central a/c in the room and you often get a breeze at night when you open the window.

Israeli breakfast each morning offers a large variety of food, even for the fussiest of eaters.Huge selection of fresh salads, different fish, eggs any style, cereals, yogurt and fruit salad.The best coffee I have tasted with delicious pastries that are fresh every morning.

The staff at the front desk cannot do enough to help you,and that includes the help in the kitchen,and the cleaning crew that take care of the rooms upstairs. The front desk can give you all the assistance you need re any transport, or where to go, or what to see.

The location is so ideal because you can walk everywhere. Apart from being across the street from the beach, you are about 10-15 walking minutes away from Dizengoff St. There are dozens of restaurants and coffee bars en route as well as cell phone stores that can help you with any Sim card problems.

I interrupted my stay to travel north for a few days and was able to leave my larger luggage with the hotel for use when i returned to spend 3 more days there.

I travel a lot, and this is the first boutique style hotel I have stayed in. For me, it is so much for personal than the 5 star high rise hotels where you pay for many frills and bells and whistles that you don't really need.

I highly recommend this gem of a hotel-it will cost you much less than the 5 star hotels, and in my opinion, far warmer and more homely.

Room Tip: Although the front rooms offer you a view of the ocean, rooms further back tend to be a little quiet...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank contenttotravel
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Contenttotravel,
Thank you for your great review and choosing Maxim hotel Tel Aviv.
We are glad you liked our central location by the beach and plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.
We also appreciate your kind words regarding our breakfast and our staff.
We were happy to learn that you thought our hotel was a great value!
Thank you again!
We look forward to welcoming you and your family at Maxim hotel in the near future!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Design hotels may sometimes be dangerous products of the untamed fantasy of architects. Maxim Hotel does NOT belong to this category but is in fact an agreeable place. Rooms (at least the one we slept in) are certainly not wide but are livable, and include various comforts that make your stay pleasant, including a sofa with well adjusted lights where you can comfortably spend an evening reading your book. The view on the Mediterranean is an added value. The staff was helpful and friendly even if we arrived at late night (in fact it was early morning) due to the usual air traffic jams at Ben Gurion Airport. For this reason we slept till late and could not check/enjoy the breakfast. Honest price for the quality of he service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business