The Maxim Hotel
$239
$221
CrownePlaza.com
  • Beachfront
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$599
$273
$223
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are smallsar elfree coffee and cakesingle roomsea viewfifth flooryogurtexcellent locationrooftop deckopposite the beachbreakfast was includedcarmel marketisraeli breakfasttel aviv beachmediterranean seanice breakfastthe hotel offers
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Maxim Hotel is a really amazing place to stay in, especially when you are on a family vacation. The rooms are neat, clean and beautifully furnished, the food is delicious. The best thing about the hotel is its closeness to the beach, that's important when you're with children. The service is really high-rated and besides, there are russian-speaking members, that's also very important for me. I really enjoyed my vacation in Maxim Hotel and i can recommend it to anyone now.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The first time my wife went on vacation to Israel. Since both are focused on the bad areas, then choose the hotel, as close as possible to the sea. The choice fell on the Maxim hotel. Upon arrival was very happy that some staff speaks Russian. If you can expect from Michael that he ruskoyazychnyh, the Suli surprised us. Very comfortable room, or have recently been renovated and are very particular about the condition of the rooms. Delicious breakfasts, sometimes in the evening and had time for afternoon tea. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I choose this hotel after reading some good reviews and whilst I respect other peoples opinions I can only write about my personal experience.
We arrived in Tel Aviv AM after a long flight from Australia and took a taxi directly to the hotel arriving at 10.45am and although I fully understand that check in time was 2pm I explained to the surly person at reception that we were absolutely exhausted and could we please get into our room as soon as possible as we were extremely tired and was very bluntly told that check in was not before 2pm, we managed to stay awake until 1.55pm and was then told that the room was ready having watched several other people check in whilst we sat in the lounge waiting, I believe that the check in procedure could well have been completed while we were waiting as we were in full view of "happy Jack " all the time, when at last we were able to go to our room ( no help with our luggage ) via the dog kennel sized lift we found the room size incredibly small with a double bed only and not a king bed that was stated when we made our booking.
The following morning we went down to the dining room for breakfast which was rather basic with not so much as a "good morning ", "shalom " or even a slight smile of recognition from any of the dining room staff, we decided to spend the rest of the day simply relaxing in the room and at 4.30pm went for a stroll stopping at reception to request that housekeeping do up our room and was once again bluntly told that it was to late and all that could be done was to change the towels even though it states in the hotel facilities that housekeeping services were available way past the time of our request.
The only plus of our four night stay in this hotel was the location being close to the seafront together with a good variety of restaurants in the area.
I would suggest to the management of this hotel that they train their staff in the art of customer relations and offer some form of joviality to hotel guests, this is what the average international traveler expects and as such would not recommend this hotel to anyone who was planing a trip to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff H
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear CellardOrWineryT,
Thank you for taking time to write this review.
We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations.
We always do our best to give the rooms as early as we can but on the day it was impossible to give your room earlier than 2 pm as we were fully booked.
We appreciate any feedbacks positive or negative ones, as it helps us to improve,
for that reason we put in each room feedback forms.
We regret that we did not receive any complaints from you during your stay.
Feel free to contact me directly with more details to: reservation@telavivmaxim.com
so we can react accordingly.
We take seriously all constructive criticism and hope to see you again at our hotel, so we can get another chance to show you our improved service and fully meet your expectations.
Best Regards
Michael

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Location is excellent, a block off the beach. It is also a short walk to the Shenkin/Allenby intersection, where many of my favorite cafes and restaurants are located. The view from my room was phenomenal. The staff was also fantastic and attentive. The room itself was decent- the bed seemed old and had a fairly pronounced ridge down the middle. It wasn't huge, but was all that i needed. The air conditioning was ok- much better than the other hotel I stayed in in Israel though. I didn't love the breakfast, but others seemed to enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We loved the hotel. The location was great , the breakfast was perfect and the rooms were very comfortable. The value was good and we will definitely go back. The hotel was small enough to have a band b feel yet be cosmopolitan

• Stayed: July 2013