“Curates Egg of an Hotel”
Review of The Maxim Hotel

The Maxim Hotel
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Benfleet, United Kingdom
“Curates Egg of an Hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed @ the suberbly centrally located Maxim in Tel Aviv & found the hotel to be a curates egg experience.
the location is unbeatable right near the Aliyah Park on the seafront sharing a location with hotels @ double & treble the cost.
The hotel is comfortable clean & well appointed & is highly recommendable.

However we had certain issues with members of staff which need adressing by the commenadable
manager or a higher rating would have been achieved

Room Tip: Rooms with sea views are preferable but come @ extra charge
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great location just one street back from the beach.
All hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, The room was quite small but very comfortable with everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent. Very good value. I really can not fault this wonderful hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Travellerfromuk45,
Thank you so much for taking time to write this amazing review!
We were happy to learn that you like our hotel and especially our breakfast.
We will pass your compliments to our staff.
It was our pleasure to read that we are good value for money, it means we are heading to the right direction.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed in this cute little hotel last week. I had such a surprise when I arrived as it has undergone a total refurbishment and is so fresh and modern now - they call it a design hotel. I have stayed here over the past years and it has been fine, but this seemed so much newer and fresher. It is even more efficient than before and still family run. It is excellent location just across from the beach. Staff are good. Hotel very clean and welcoming. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Renault44,
Thank you for writing such a kind review!
We were thrilled to read your great feedbacks regarding our recent renovation.
We also appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, location and efficiency.
There is more to come!
We will be very happy to welcome you again at our hote!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Maxim is a very nice boutique hotel located across the street from the beach in Tel Aviv. Our room had a great beach view and I could open the window to take photographs. The room is modern with a refrigerator and coffee maker, but rather small. The breakfast buffet was quite good with adequate variety. I chose the hotel based on Tripadviser comments and was not disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannie T
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Jeannie T,
Thank you for writing such a lovely review about Maxim Hotel Tel Aviv.
We were happy to learn that you liked our location, sea view and breakfast.
It was our pleasure to read that we met your expectations and we thank you for sharing this with TripAdvisor community.
We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again!
Eilat
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose this hotel based on recent reviews on Tripadvisor, and I was very happy I did. Actually, I was surprised to find such a fresh, modern little hotel in what could have been once an apartment building.

The hotel has a boutique feel to it. It is small and it feels intimate, and the service was very good from the moment I phoned to book a room, to the check-in at the reception, to the afternoon tea, coffee and cake on the house, to the gift of dead sea products that I found waiting for me on the desk in my room, to the wonderful, fresh breakfast the next day, all the way to the check-out, which was a matter of handing in my room key and saying good-bye.
The room itself is trendy modern and everything looks new.
It is not a very big room, but it was big enough, with a fridge (no mini bar) and a flat-screen TV, air conditioner, and a small bathroom with a bath/shower.
The only surprise was that the main window facing the sea was just a tiny sliver of a window. There was another bigger window, also facing the sea, but it was off to the side, but I could not pull the curtain open to see the view, unless I stood there and held the curtain up.
Nearby are restaurants, friendly pubs, and a small shop next door was open at midnight so I popped in to buy cashew nuts by the weight, and chocolate.
The hotel is right on the beachfront next to luxury hotels that cost 3 times the price.
I nearly forgot to mention that the bed was very comfortable and I had a good night's sleep.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank simwhere
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I like this hotel very much. This is not my fist time in this hotel. Very good located. Close to the central are of Tel Aviv and also to the beach. small but nice rooms. Helpfull and flexible staff. And I like the breakfast very much as they serve a wide range of good food

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank GyFlo
Nepean
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The Maxim Hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms although small are very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very filling and we found ourselves full until the evening. Loved the cappucino machine. Many afternoons saw us back for the cake and coffee.

• Stayed May 2013