“Great start to our vacation”
Review of The Maxim Hotel

The Maxim Hotel
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great start to our vacation”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Maxim is a very nice boutique hotel located across the street from the beach in Tel Aviv. Our room had a great beach view and I could open the window to take photographs. The room is modern with a refrigerator and coffee maker, but rather small. The breakfast buffet was quite good with adequate variety. I chose the hotel based on Tripadviser comments and was not disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannie T
maximhotel86, Guest Relations Manager at The Maxim Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Jeannie T,
Thank you for writing such a lovely review about Maxim Hotel Tel Aviv.
We were happy to learn that you liked our location, sea view and breakfast.
It was our pleasure to read that we met your expectations and we thank you for sharing this with TripAdvisor community.
We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again!
Best regards
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eilat
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose this hotel based on recent reviews on Tripadvisor, and I was very happy I did. Actually, I was surprised to find such a fresh, modern little hotel in what could have been once an apartment building.

The hotel has a boutique feel to it. It is small and it feels intimate, and the service was very good from the moment I phoned to book a room, to the check-in at the reception, to the afternoon tea, coffee and cake on the house, to the gift of dead sea products that I found waiting for me on the desk in my room, to the wonderful, fresh breakfast the next day, all the way to the check-out, which was a matter of handing in my room key and saying good-bye.
The room itself is trendy modern and everything looks new.
It is not a very big room, but it was big enough, with a fridge (no mini bar) and a flat-screen TV, air conditioner, and a small bathroom with a bath/shower.
The only surprise was that the main window facing the sea was just a tiny sliver of a window. There was another bigger window, also facing the sea, but it was off to the side, but I could not pull the curtain open to see the view, unless I stood there and held the curtain up.
Nearby are restaurants, friendly pubs, and a small shop next door was open at midnight so I popped in to buy cashew nuts by the weight, and chocolate.
The hotel is right on the beachfront next to luxury hotels that cost 3 times the price.
I nearly forgot to mention that the bed was very comfortable and I had a good night's sleep.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank simwhere
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I like this hotel very much. This is not my fist time in this hotel. Very good located. Close to the central are of Tel Aviv and also to the beach. small but nice rooms. Helpfull and flexible staff. And I like the breakfast very much as they serve a wide range of good food

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank GyFlo
Nepean
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The Maxim Hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms although small are very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very filling and we found ourselves full until the evening. Loved the cappucino machine. Many afternoons saw us back for the cake and coffee.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank bookie46
Cliffside Park, NJ
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff at the Maxim was amazing - so helpful and friendly. The location was perfect, just steps away from the beach with many restaurants nearby. It's a little less expensive than some of the other hotels on the beach so was a great value. I didn't find the room any smaller than some of the rooms at the higher priced hotels we stayed in. It was clean, breakfast was good and there was a wonderful capuccino machine in the breakfast room. Wifi was free in the room and worked very well. The only drawback was that there were only ten parking spots so if you came in late you had to park in a lot. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna-NewYorkCity
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great value for the price. As expected, the rooms are small, but comfortable. Twice my refrigerator has not worked. Once they switched it out, the other time they just said they knew it did not work. Not a big deal given the price I was paying for a room in a prime location.

The hours for complementary coffee and cake have increased to 5-7PM. The breakfasts are good. Not remarkable, "Instagram pictures of everything" good, but fresh and plentiful with a variety of options.

There is an incredible rooftop lounge area that for some reason the hotel employees and literature don't mention and many long-time guests don't know about. This is great for those of us in the know as it is not crowded. You can see it in the picture of the hotel and I also submitted a picture of it. There is also a lounge area with newspapers and books and lobby computers for Internet use. Room Internet is usually OK for me, but sometimes only one out of three bars on my iPad.

Stayed May 2013
3 Thank OrchidSlayer
singapore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

this is a beautifully designed and built hotel for the business traveler. it's walking distance to the beach and plenty of places to eat nearby. only drawback is the size of the rooms (too small), but that doesn't matter much to the business traveler anyway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business