“Great location on the waterfront”
Review of Orchid Tel Aviv

Orchid Tel Aviv
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London
“Great location on the waterfront”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This a solid Tel Aviv beachfront hotel. Some rooms have a spectacular view down the beach to Jaffa. Unfancy, relatively small, but comfortable rooms. Excellent Israeli breakfast. Access to a decent health club. Decent value for money. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Careful: some cab drivers don't seem to know the place. Bring address or clear directions.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rande K
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel rooms , staff and services.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary service of bicycle rental.
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nice
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Since years we stay in this Hotel close to the sea, located in TLV's center. It was constantly renovated the last years.
This time, we felt a fresh wind due to the new management since june 2013, which will certainly try to solve some problems one could have faced the last years here ( housekeeping & the lack of friendliness and professionalism at the front desk )

We wish them good luck for their future projects !!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank food-wine73

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

this is my 4th stay in this hotel wich i choose each time because of the location and the price. However each time i say never again because there is always problem. Either they just do not have your reservation or just put you in any rooms ( some are like cells).
it's clean and some of the rooms have a balcony and a beautiful view. But who wants to deal with no reservation (their fault) when you arrive or by "mistake" being kicked out of your room one day earlier to be moved to a lousy room for one night. All that is done with "who cares " attitude. no big deal for the reception .You can tell they deal ( very well) with those problems every day. They are trained to be cool....but in the meantime you stress.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony which you pay extra for.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites,we are truley sorry for your inconvenience.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Location- fantastic right on the beach slthough there is a busy road to cross but thats not unusual by a beach.
Room- great size great shower and 2 tvs with more channels than you would normally expect. Great free wifi.mini bar wS locked shelves bare and definitely lots missing like an empty information folder.
Food- breakfast wss good with made to order eggs and real oranges freshly squeezed.
Pool- on the small side and opening hours are bizarre. Doesn't open till 9 so no early swim and closes at 7 so no dip after that early evening stroll.
Staff- what a let down. RUDE obnoxious and don't care less. I'm often sceptical of comments on this forum but there's an overriding theme here. Management comments seem fairly standard and not addressing the problem. Sort it out or it will be the hotel's downfall. Guests pay too much in this case for a service with a smile. Especially the young woman in reception.

• Stayed June 2013
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Park Plaza Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When this hotel was first built it was called Yamit and was jointly owned by settlers who were forced (1982) to leave their homes in Yamit Sinai as part of the peace agreement with Egypt. We have stayed at this hotel many times and recommend it to our business guests and family function guests because of it great location and value for money. They have great gift features like free bikes, and all-day free open cafe/buffet with a fabulous view of the beach, so that when my brother messed-up his foot on the free bike, we could chill in the air-conditioned splendor overlooking the sea, and also stuff that the other reviewers have mentioned. The underground parking is very convenient when visiting and the nearby public lot is even more economical for longer stays. We used their free wheelchair for a week and it was a life-saver. The staff on the most part were fine but a few were not professional and not suitable for this class of hotels. Although we ordered suites well in advance, the older of the two buildings had suites that either were not renovated for many years or were very poorly designed and maintained. I had to insist that we wanted a suite in the new wing with our other family members, but alas everything was full. So I insisted on two adjacent rooms in the new wing. That was doable. Happy end (it cost less too). We'll continue to come back but think the management really needs to upgrade all the things that were mentioned.

Room Tip: Insist on the new wing. Check the room before you unpack and if it doesn't feel like a comfortab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This place could be so much better.
The location is fantastic. You are right on the wondedul tel aviv beach. The basic infrastructure is alright. Things like the pool and the restaurant are perfectly good.
But it is such a poorly run place. The common areas like lifts are dirty.
I had a half drunk bottle of water when I turned up in my room. It was in what must be a converted function hall, shoddily done, hanging over the entrance and this incredibly noisy.
All in all, the low light of what was a fabulous stay in a fabulous city. Lets just say, I'll be back to Tel Aviv, but not to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Callicoon, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel people are either incompetent ( i think not) or act that way to enable them to operate in a Machiavellian way in giving bad service.
The front desk takes no blame and seems as if the could not care less for mix ups in reservations.
We had two reservations, one in my wife's name and one in her brother's name. We cancelled the brother but instead they cancelled us. When we arrived at the front desk they passed the buck, but finally got us an OK room with balcony. We told them the date were leaving and the desk clerk said OK and we assumed she would put down thge proper dates. We hastily signed the check in documents. Come to find out the check out was for a day early, a Sunday. When we explained our situation, the buck got passed again and the desk clerk shrugged his shoulders and did a passable impression of Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes, basically claiming, "I know nothing". I will do my best to not re-book at The Tel-Aviv Hotel Incompetency

They have added in making my Israeli stay a total balagan.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family