“fair ratio price/quality”

Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Brussels, Belgium
“fair ratio price/quality”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The situation of this old hotel is great, on Hayarkon 150 meters away of the beach.

The size of the rooms is ok 20-25m2 and my bed was excellent, probably a relatively new one.
There is a kettle and complimentary various teas and coffee in the room, you will find also a mp3 player.
Nothing to say about the bathroom, it's ok.
AC is noisy but working good.

During my stay there was an alarm clock ringing during the night in another room next to mine, it woke me up, this gives an idea of the noise insulation of the rooms.
Don't forget your ear plugs, as the windows are probably 25 years old you hear all the noises of the streets.
Breakfast is very nice.

Internet is free and the speed is ok, apparently (i didn't test) the international calls are free and this from the rooms.

There were refurbishing works during my stay (jan'13), the lobby was closed, it meant no bar during that period but all future guest will enjoy a nicer lobby.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are declared as sea view, however, the rooms, really, in front are probably bet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hjeang
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Park Plaza hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location. We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury Suites that are suitable for families with children.
I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent there 1 night during January - full board. The hotel premises and service are functional and basically satisfied our needs. Its location overlooking the magnificent Tel Aviv Yafo beach, yet the reasonable rate makes the staying here very cost effective. The meals were rich and enjoyable while there are plenty bars and restaurants around the property.

Room Tip: We asked to change from the twin bed room we initially got to a double bed. Eventually we got an up...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fun-trvl64

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were recommended to the Orchid Plaza from friends who stay there often. The hotel is in a perect position for Tel Aviv site seeing. We were able to do the lovely walk to Jaffe harbour and old town, and we walked to Neve Tzedek and other places of interest. All the best restaurants are in walking distance too - as we did not want to hire a car. The staff were excellent and the breakfast was faultless. However, we were not that happy with the room. The bedrooms are very small and we looked at 3 rooms before we chose one we were reasonably happy with. It is definitely worth paying for the upgrade to a room with balcony overlooking the beach, otherwise you have a noisy room facing all the traffic! The pool area is small and if crowded, there is nowhere to sit! Also the pool gets very shaded from the hotel, so if you want to sunbathe - its not possible for most of the day due to shade! For a 4* hotel, which is not too big, and the staff and consierge very helpful, you cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room with balcony, facing the sea. On a high floor, as it can be very noisy alo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msr11
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my third stay at the Orchid this year and it's still the hotel I'd always try to book first when visiting Tel Aviv.

The hotel itself is based on two towers of rooms and a few single-floors below containing the reception, restaurant and other facilities. On all three of my visits I've been in the older tower but the rooms still seem quite fresh and even some of the the city view rooms have a partial view of the ocean. The whole hotel has a nice atmosphere and is tastefully decorated throughout with large glass walls scattered around highlighting the great view over the beach and Mediterranean. Speaking of the sea, the hotel is in an absolutely perfect location , literally across the road from the beach and just a nice stroll along the beachfront to the old port of Jaffa.

The facilities in the hotel are excellent with an executive area for those looking to get on with some work, an internet/PC room/gym/ironing rooms in both towers and a great pool looking over to the beach. While I didn't dine in the main restaurant for lunch/dinner, it was a great place to have breakfast with a large and varied selection of food and drink and more views of the sea.

The rooms are generally very good - on my first two visits, I stayed in standard (superior) sea-view rooms which were a decent size, comfortable and large windows affording superb views over the beach/sea. On this ocassion, I was in a suite which had a partial sea view. The sute itself was nice enough - the bedroom and bathroom were both light, airy and met my expectations for a 4* suite. The lounge and kitchenette were a little below par in my opinion - the kitchenette reminding me of apartment that needed in need of an update, and the lounge was fine in terms of decor and furnishings but the sofa was stained and quite grubby while the TV didn't really work too well (green patches flashing over every channel). Generally though, I've always had a great sleep at the Orchid and I'm a fairly light sleeper - any noise from outside or the air-conditioning will keep me awake but none of that here.

I tend to rate hotels strongly on whether or not they supply irons & ironing boards in the room (being the best option, with these items being delivered to the room by housekeeping being my second favourite option). In this case, the guest information booklet in the hotel rooms state that irons cannot be used inside the rooms due to regulations and so there are ironing rooms in each tower. I don;t mind too much carrying my clothing to the ironing room but I stayed in another hotel near the Orchid recently (the 5* Herod hotel) and it had no problem with irons in the room..

While the breakfasts were good, the room-service meals were very disappointing. I tried both the club sandwich and a pizza on this ocassion and neither were particularly appealing - both quite bland and greasy. There are plenty of places to eat outside the hotel ranging from McDonalds at the base of the building, to various beach-front restaurants offering a mix casual and for formal dining options.

Service was generally good - always friendly, obliging and prompt and that, along with the rooms and superb location will keep me coming back.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are worth the additional cost, just make sure you get a full sea view and not par...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MProudfoot

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great location right on the waterfront. Spacious public areas. Very spacious rooms.

On the upside, free wi-fi (why can't hotels get that this is a no-brainer? I get wild at $25+ per day for a simple internet connection...). Whilst we were there they also offered free international telephone calls to a vast array of countries which was a surprising touch.

On the downside, parking is expensive. For business travel, the fact that the parking machine does not issue a receipt is virtually unforgivable. Like many hotels, breakfast is outrageously priced, but the cafe next door has a great view, good service and leaves your table groaning under the weight of food.

Would be more than comfortable staying here again - although it's a little pricey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nice
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Since 5 years we stay two or three times per year in this hotel. Perfect location close to the City and the beach and reasonable prices, compared to other hotels in Tel Aviv.
Very friendly staff at front desk and Lobby Bar ! And even the security team at the entrance is very friendly and helpfull, which doesn't happen very often in Israel.

It is constantly renovated, and they offer free access to one of TLVs best and popular gym, free phonecalls ( !!!! ) worldwide, you can rent bikes for free.

Very generous israeli breakfast with seaview !

Our room was always cleaned perfectely.
If you leave your room very late, just tell the reception, so they don't forget to clean it ( which happened to us in other hotels before)

Thanks a lot - we'll be back !!!!

• Stayed November 2012

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I would recommand this hotel without hesitation.
The location is perfect. You cross one street to go to the beach and one street to be in Ben Yehuda street.
Parking is 55 NIS per day and a little bit cumbersome.
The rooms are very nice and the beds are great.
The service is very very good and the food is not expensive.
We will come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel rooms , staff and services.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary service of bicycle rental.
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.