“Beach hotel in Tel Aviv” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv
Ranked #54 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Capitola, California
“Beach hotel in Tel Aviv”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Park Plaza Orchid (also known as the Yamit to locals and taxi drivers) is a medium priced hotel on the beach in Tel Aviv. It's not as pricey as the larger hotels to the north and south of it, and if you can get a room in the front tower it has super views of Tel Aviv beach which is an excellent beach.

If you get put in the rear tower then the views are less predictable and it might be better to book a lower cost hotel the other side of Hyarkon street as the views are about equivalent and the prices are about 10% lower.

The lobby has been recently refurbished, with nice views of the beach, and the desk staff are mostly friendly and courteous. Parking is below the hotel and spots are tight and not for the faint hearted. Parking is 55NIS per day and you can come and go as you wish.

The rooms and bathrooms are a nice size. Maid service is spotty. Two days on my stay they forgot hand towels, and they never replenish the free tea/coffee. You can get this by asking the front desk, so it's not a big deal. The room was kept clean which is the most important thing.

The breakfast buffet is mediterranean and OK. Try the fresh-squeezed orange juice in season.

Like many of these hotels they have a fridge in the room but it's an automatic vending fridge so there is no way to keep your own drinks cold. I think that's a bit mean. It's OK if you like coke and are willing to pay over $4 for a can, but I don't and won't..There is a convenience store across Hyarkon street where they charge slightly less outrageous prices. You can't miss the bright lights!

The internet is good and reasonable bandwidth. The free international calls are a nice benefit.

I recommend that you borrow one of the free bikes and take a ride along the sea front to the harbor and Jaffa. They don't have bike helmets for loan which is a problem I think. It's really busy on the bike paths and if you are not a regular cyclist it could end in tears. Bring your own if you want to borrow a bike.

My favorite thing to do here is to go to the fleamarket in Jaffa. Go on Thursday evening. Great restaurants all along the beach. Favorite restauarnt is Benny the Fisherman in the old Tel Aviv harbor.

Happy traveling....

Room Tip: Try to get a room in thr front tower. They may be a premium price (I don't know) but the views a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlantheRover
lauren z, Manager at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel rooms , staff and services.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary service of bicycle rental.
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Lauren Zhavi
operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Check-in time was around 15:30 , In our reservation we specifically asked that a Baby Crib will be placed in our room needless to say that there was no Baby crib in the room and after about 10 calls and nerves we finally got a baby crib around 23:30.
The hotel staff are very apathetic and no manager in the hotel at night.
The Swimming Pool in the hotel is very very small and crowded (The pictures are mislead)
For conclusion, we had very bad experience, the hotel doesn't worth the price, we will never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PPOrchidgm, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear amithayat,

I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Park Plaza Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Lauren Zhavi
operation manager of Orchid Hotels
Arlington, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed one night out of a 12 and checked out! My company booked me under a corporate agreement for a Supier Room at a special rate. I was given the room that was for that rate which was located in a former concrete utility shaft! After showing the front desk my confirmation, they accused me of "tsmpering with the document"! After I told my company's local travel coordinator she was fed a pack of lies by their group reservation manager. They said I was going to be upgraded the next day - but they told me my full 2 weeks was in the 'cell' room. It actually had rebars from the construction still showing where the window was cut out. Rooms are old, deoressing and this place is not worth the high price. I know because I checked out the rooms at several other hotels before relocating to one of them. I am an experienced world traveler and have stayed in many places - this one does NOT live up to it's hype. RUN don't walk away from this place.

Room Tip: Do Not Book Here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank harttaub
PPOrchidgm, General Manager at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Mr. harttaub,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv and for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Park Plaza hotels. I deeply apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Every effort is being made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience throughout the hotel. Therefore, I was very surprised at your experience here. I am sorry to learn that in your case we did not measure up.
Issues such as the ones you mentioned are definitely uncharacteristic of our hotel and we already taken the necessary steps to ensure that they will not occurring.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you .We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Liorg@orchidplaza.co.il
Vilnius
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have booked the hotel through my travel agent. It was clearly stated " breakfast included and sea view room". Of cause I got the room with no sea view and was asked to pay for my breakfast. System does not work :-) the place could be cleaner and more staff in the reception....
And one last thing - if you are slightly overweight tame a look at the big mirror in reception. It will make you smile :-)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SauliusVilnius
Dear Mr. Saulius Vinius

I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

As a Gold Park Plaza Loyalty Card holder, I was looking forward to trying this hotel. It was billed as a great hotel, offering great value for money in Tel Aviv.

In short, there was nothing great about it.

The rooms were small. The views were angled (so you see more of the hotel next door than you do the beach). And the service was shocking.

We had a complaint about the room, and when I asked to speak to the manager, he eventually called me back to say that he was on holiday, and was too busy to talk to me! That's what he had staff for!

Needless to say, we were planning on stay longer, but checked out the next day!

Lots of hotels along the beach in Tel Aviv - so you'll definitely find better value for money than this. It's nothing like the Park Plaza's you may have tried in the UK.

Room Tip: If you are staying, make sure you get a room facing the beach (not angled). And try to get the ex...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelexpertdotcom
Dear Travelexpertdotcom,

I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
I deeply apologies that the room was not to your liking and the reception staff not being helpful. Please be assuring that we already taken the necessary steps to ensure that issues like you mentioned will not occurring.

Lior Gabay,
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The location of this hotel can't be beat. It's opposite the main sea front strip in Tel Aviv and close to the sea front restaurants and gyms.The price is reasonable with clean modern rooms.
The staff is friendly, with free bicycle rental too!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea. The other rooms look over some horrible roof tops.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Alkis_H,

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

various
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The first room we were offered was so small we could not get us and the luggage in. Subsequent upgrade was functional. The pool is small and the breakfast room similar. Whilst the breakfast is good, the hotel is full of children and so it turns into a bun-fight. I have stayed in most of the main hotels in TA and this one is very average. The business lounge is OK but acts as an unpoliced extension to the breakfast room. Fortunately central and if you are holidaying great for the beach otherwise there are better out there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear roderrs,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv and for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Park Plaza hotels. I deeply apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding the pool.
I'm pleased to hear that you have room to be changed to your liking and the breakfast was
Good. In August month the hotel is hosting families with children's I am sorry if you had any inconvenience during your stay.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in your next visit to Tel Aviv in order I could
Personally take care of your reservation.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure that you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Liorg@orchidplaza.co.il