Stayed here for four nights on a business trip to Tel Aviv. This was a nice hotel, but not up to the quality standards for a four-star accommodation in other countries. Breakfast wasn't included in my room rate and I didn't want to pay $25, so I can't comment on the breakfast.
3. Comfy bed and nice furniture
1. Service wasn't very courteous or helpful.
2. Maintenance and upkeep were a little rough around the edges.
When I arrived, as the only guest in the lobby, the clerks were looking at each other like they wanted to flip a coin to decide who would help me. When I returned to the lobby a bit later to report that the wi-fi wasn't working in the room, the clerk told me she'd known about this problem for a couple of days, and that I should mention it to the manager the next morning. (The wi-fi finally returned to service the third day of my stay.)
The staff were helpful when I had a computer question, and in giving me an extra 1/2 hour to assemble my belongings and check out of my room.
The hotel looks like the owners spent a lot of money on lighting, furniture and fixtures. But there were obvious stains on the carpet in the hallway, scuffs on the walls in my room, and pieces of the bathroom ceiling that didn't fit together right. The shower looked expensive, but the temperature control required turning in opposite directions for hot water depending on whether one was using the shower or the tub. The shower also only had a half glass wall on it, soaking the rest of the bathroom every time.
You'll see these things in my photos, along with my friend the dirty bathroom vent. I call it my friend because it kept me company -- providing me with conversation from someone else's room, the loud sound of raindrops hitting the roof, and plenty of second-hand cigarette smoke smell -- throughout my stay.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel because of the location and the price, but don't assume 4-star means luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orchid Hotel Tel Aviv Ha-Yarkon St 79, Tel Aviv-Yafo, 63432, Israel Orchid Tel Aviv Park Plaza Orchid Hotel, Tel Aviv's business and leisure hotel is centrally located on the promenade and shores of the city that never stops, with magnificent views of the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel offers 202 rooms and suites, ensuring guests maximum comfort in an exclusive and luxurious design. Each room is equipped with high standard facilities including flat-screen TVs, iPad docks and more. The hotel is ideal for business people, families and tourists - for both long and short stays. The hotel has a business center that provides a variety of services and facilities. Computer stations, a printer and photocopier. Business people are invited to relax in the hotel's business lounge with breathtaking views of the sea, light snacks and refreshments and dedicated, professional and courteous staff waiting to assist you. The hotel offers a range of complimentary services for the benefit of hotel guests that include high-speed Wi-Fi access, international calls from rooms and lobby, and more. Apart from business, it is important that our guests enjoy and relax. The hotel offers fine Israeli cuisine served throughout the day, from luxurious Israeli breakfasts to bar-style dinners served at the lobby at sunset. The hotel's spa offers a variety of luxurious and rejuvenating beauty treatments and massages given by professional therapists and masseurs. Keep in shape at the hotel's well-equipped, modern and state of the art gym, belonging to SPACE fitness center or at the swimming pool. The hotel also offers complimentary bicycles for guests seeking to explore the city on two wheels. The hotel's prime and attractive location in the heart of the promenade allows guests to enjoy Tel Aviv's attractions, nightlife and entertainment, restaurants, museums, art galleries, shopping malls, theaters, water sports, hiking and cycling trails - no doubt an unforgettable and unique urban experience. *Smoking in the hotel and it's grounds is strictly prohibited. * Please note that pets of any kind are forbidden in the hotel, other than guide dogs for guests who are registered disabled ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Orchid Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Park Plaza Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Park Plaza