“This small hotel tries harder”

Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv
Ranked #71 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
cleveland
“This small hotel tries harder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you want a place to stay that is in a good location (on the beach), is clean, has a staff that tries to satisfy, has a very nice breakfast with a view of the water and all at a reasonable price, Prima Tel-Aviv is your place. As noted in prior reviews, the walls of the rooms are thin, the rooms are small and the bathroom is also small. The beds are comfortable but not king size. Just two twin beds pushed together (be careful!). There is also a nice "happy hour". The down side is the balcony, which does not give a view of the water and is also the only place that allows smoking. All in all, it was more than right for my needs.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the water. Traffic is loud in early a.m. and at rush hour in the evening. Th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Yogev M, Manager at Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for posting your kind words about our hotel.

One of the nicest things for a hotel to hear is that guests enjoy their stay with us.

We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Tel Aviv soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the Prima Tel Aviv in June 2014. I was given a room on the first floor. The room was very small by any standard. This room is very difficult to use for any adult that is 6ft or taller. The bathroom was even worse. The toilet bowl was loose on the floor and location, relative to wall, would not be acceptable by any North American standard. In other words very tight to use. The shower had good pressure but was so small it made it very difficult to enjoy. The staff were attentive and helpful with request for informatoon or services. The breakfasts were plain but ample with almost no variation in offerings from day to day. The location and view of Flishman beach from resaurant downstairs is the true highlight of this hotel. I would give this hotel a 2 1/2 star rating and outside of the excelent location not worth the money.

Room Tip: Don't take room 103
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Yogev M, Manager at Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests.
We are happy to learn that the hotel location and the breakfast was helpful to your stay in Tel-Aviv.

The Prima Tel-Aviv hotel have 3 kinds of room categories at the hotel: Single Small room, standard room, and sea view deluxe rooms that are facing front to the beach.
We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Tel-Aviv.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Prima Hotel is situated right by the beach. It is close to Ben Yehuda Street and excellent transport links to other areas. As soon as I arrived the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel isn't huge like a lot of hotels near by but this is what makes it cosy, warm and extremely comfortable. The room was spacious, had everything you would need and had a view of the sea! the breakfast was plentiful! the only criticism I have is they didn't have soya milk as I have a dairy intolerance this was a disappointment. Aside there is plenty to choose from! Between 5-7 everyday there is light refreshments served which was an added bonus!! Overall highly recommend staying here!! excellent value for money!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review.
We are proud of the service of the hotel staff we are glad you found everything to be comfortable and to your liking.
We serve every weekday from 17:00 to 19:00 honoring our guests and we happy to see the compliments we receive from the hotel guest

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great hotel in a fabulous location! Very friendly staff, great variety breakfast. Amazing view to the beach if you choose the sea-view rooms. I've visited around 10 different hotels (4 and 5 stars) in Tel Aviv and this one beats all others. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Csaba K
Yogev M, Manager at Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review. We take pride in the design of our hotel and we are glad you found everything to be comfortable and to your liking. Hopefully we will see you back with us in Tel Aviv soon. Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

the prima hotel in tel aviv is ideally situated not far from the beach and easy to get to yafo or tel aviv port
it is a short ride from the central bus station where you can get a bus to go anywhere
there are plenty of places like museums and parks nearby
the hotel is comfortable and clean and whilst we were there between 5-7pm from sunday to Thursday they provided a free buffet
the breakfasts have a great variety of things to eat and very substantial
good value for reasonably priced hotel

Room Tip: there is no swimming pool or fitness centre and its best to pay a bit more for a sea view room thus...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roseka2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your kind words about our hotel.

Thank you for chose Prima Tel Aviv hotel.
We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Tel Aviv soon.
Ohio, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I traveled to Tel Aviv on my trip to Israel and decided staying at Prima Tel Aviv hotel, From the moment I got through the big glass doors I was got great service by the front desk, I could tell I have a place for all my questions and concerns. I even got a wonderful service by booking a few trips around israel at the reception, something I didn't know was possible. The rooms were satisfying as I took a Sea View room the view was wonderful, I also got a pretty high floor which contributed the sleeping quality, and the view. The cleaning staff was very friendly as well and efficient. The location was great and one of the great benefits this hotel has, The hotel is located across the street from the beach, and a few minutes walk from all the main streets making shopping, night life, or just taking a walk on the beach alot easier than expected.The dining room had an excellent breakfast and I enjoyed it every morning, not skipping it even a single time! though the floor was a little dirty everything else including the view from the dining room balcony was excellent. At around 5 they usually serve snacks in the lobby on the house, was a great surprise as well!
Wifi connection in the rooms in additional 10$ for a day, something I didn't really like.. at least the lobby had a free connection..

I will surely enjoy staying at Prima Tel Aviv for my next visits.

Room Tip: Sea View room if possible!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stacey H
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review.
We happy that you enjoyed from the service at the reception
Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful tips regarding traveling at Tel Aviv- this information will help our future guests.
Hopefully we will see you back with us in soon.
Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel
Auckland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here twice over the month of June, once for three nights and then for one night. In terms if location, it's great, it's 100m to the beach front and close to a bustling road in the other direction with everything you need. There's also an ATM diagonally across the street. Breakfasts were basic but fine, and my room was well serviced every day both times I stayed. It's a simple hotel, nothing flash, but comfy enough for basic needs.

However, you should be prepared to be very self-sufficient during your stay. Perhaps it was just me, but I found asking for help with anything very intimidating because the staff are unfriendly and, at times, downright rude, when you as for assistance. The Wi Fi crashed on my last night there, and the first person who told the front desk was told it was his problem, not the hotel's; when we all went to see what was going on, we were treated rudely and it took a long time to fix. You just got a general feeling that you were being a real burden to the staff when you approached the desk, even to check-in.

So, all in all, pretty average. I think it's fine if you just want a place to crash that's okay for prices and simple enough. I should disclaim that I don't believe I am mixing up locals' more direct style of communication (more than I'm used to) for rudeness. I stayed in other hotels where the staff were very direct/almost abrupt but they were still friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Yogev M, Manager at Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review . All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests. That being said, we are sorry that you did not receive the reception that you should have. I will forward your review to the staff as they are trained to provide helpful and friendly service.
We happy that you like the location and the hotel.
We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Tel Aviv soon