“Amazing Staff”

Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
New York City, New York
“Amazing Staff”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I left Israel one night before my husband. While my husband was in Tel Aviv alone his wallet was stolen. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful and helpful the staff at Prima was even to the extent that a person in receiption gave my husband money from his own pocket so he could get to the hotel.

Even before that happened the place was really nice and relaxed. My flight was at 1am so I went to the hotel with my husband, we went to the beach, showered and changed and then I later left for my flight. In some hotels they give you a hard time if you are only registered as one guest, even if the second person is not sleeping there.

The location is great. I highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
31° 54’ 04.32” N / 35° 00’ 51.82” E
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were invited for a weekend in the big city and got a hotel room at the Prima. Nothing beats the location of this hotel: it is in the city center right at the beach. You can get a room with sea view which is just accross the street that goes along the sea shore.
The hotel room was ok though a little bit "worn out". The sliding windows do not fall into the lock (remember the sea view?) and the bathroom door feels like cardboard. Satelite TV in the room but no free WiFi...!
On Saturadays the Israeli Breakfast is served until 11.00 am and Israeli hotel breakfasts are great! However the service was a bit slugish and not well organized.

Room Tip: For seaview rooms choose high-up floors as the road can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeoPhil
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My colleague booked this hotel for a business trip we were doing. From the outside the hotel looks a bit depressing, but inside it's much better. The staff are very friendly and happy to help.
I stayed in a 5th floor room facing the beach. The view is great, but the downside is that there's a lot of noise from the beach road and from the beach bars. Although double glazed, the windows did not close securely, so it was impossible to block out the noise completely. However, my trusty earplugs came to the rescue. The room is basic, but functional and the bed perfectly comfortable. The bathroom is small and could do with a refresh.
The breakfast is very nice - more traditional Israeli, with some cereals, toast etc. It's not a massive spread, but perfectly nice.
The hotel also do afternoon tea (starting at 5pm), which is ideal to keep you going until a late dinner.
The location is good and the hotel offered good value for money.

Room Tip: For the view go for a sea facing room on a high floor. The hotel is on a busy corner, so you'll...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed there 1 night, supposed to be 2 nights but on my way to the beach the lady told me "sir, check out is at 12. I said I have reservations for today too, we discussed this during my check in. She said "no, no you no pay" I said I gave you my credit card. And she said hotel is full. Despite the rude service, the bed room was mediocre and the tv didn't work, and the wifi is not free as they advertise, rather 20 usd per 24 hrs. Would never go back, check out Best Western Suites Accross the street, I stayed there when I got kicked out of my room. Basically same price, but I got a legit suite with a kitchen and multiple rooms.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank RoryCorcoran
Manhattan, New York, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

So we decided to stay at Prima Tel Aviv because we were looking for a hotel with a good location with a mid-range price. The location was relatively good, right by the beach, however, once in the rooms we were a bit disappointed. We stayed in two rooms 510 and 509. In 510, the deluxe room, the air conditioning was not strong enough to cool the room. In fact, the room stayed so warm we had to sweat through the night. Next, we stayed in 509 which had an effective a/c unit but this time the shower didn't really contain the water when we showered. It appeared as if the seals attached to the glass partician didn't fit right. After our showers the floors would be covered in water, requiring us to stand in water to use the toilet. Thus, we had to mop the floor after every time we showered. Lastly, the rooms in the hotel are carpeted which is not ideal for a hotel so close to the beach. With the humidity, the carpet felt damp and seemed to absorb sand and odor quite well. I have previously stayed in the David Intercontinental and the Crowne Plaza, which are very nice and more expensive, but in hind-sight I don't think the price that Prima charged was worth the quality we received. For 30% more, you can stay in a much nicer hotel. The staff was nice but I think the room features of the hotel need to be improved. The dining area of the hotel was a hight-light. It was very cute had a nice view of the sea.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason H
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel when we came to see Madonna. Very centrally located opposite the Dan Hotel, where Madonna was staying. So close to the beach and all the action. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Internet is quite pricy. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ragatan
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed three nights in this hotel last week (June 23, 28th and 29th). The staff were wonderful; helpful, friendly, and open to all my questions. They arranged for me to get a taxi to Jerusalem at a reasonable rate. The taxi was excellent; clean, prompt, fast. The rooms are comfortable; the breakfasts superb -- food fresh, beautifully laid out, with a large selection of choices. For a hotel on the beach, I paid around $100 per night, which one can barely find in similarly situated hotels in other major cities. I recommend the Prima without reservation. Finally, I didn't pay anything for the internet, so there seems to be some misunderstanding about these fees (in another review).

Room Tip: I don't have a tip for chossing a good room. I suspect the rooms are quite similar among themsel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo