“Just wow.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Prima Tel-Aviv
Ranked #70 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Just wow.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed there 1 night, supposed to be 2 nights but on my way to the beach the lady told me "sir, check out is at 12. I said I have reservations for today too, we discussed this during my check in. She said "no, no you no pay" I said I gave you my credit card. And she said hotel is full. Despite the rude service, the bed room was mediocre and the tv didn't work, and the wifi is not free as they advertise, rather 20 usd per 24 hrs. Would never go back, check out Best Western Suites Accross the street, I stayed there when I got kicked out of my room. Basically same price, but I got a legit suite with a kitchen and multiple rooms.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank RoryCorcoran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
Manhattan, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

So we decided to stay at Prima Tel Aviv because we were looking for a hotel with a good location with a mid-range price. The location was relatively good, right by the beach, however, once in the rooms we were a bit disappointed. We stayed in two rooms 510 and 509. In 510, the deluxe room, the air conditioning was not strong enough to cool the room. In fact, the room stayed so warm we had to sweat through the night. Next, we stayed in 509 which had an effective a/c unit but this time the shower didn't really contain the water when we showered. It appeared as if the seals attached to the glass partician didn't fit right. After our showers the floors would be covered in water, requiring us to stand in water to use the toilet. Thus, we had to mop the floor after every time we showered. Lastly, the rooms in the hotel are carpeted which is not ideal for a hotel so close to the beach. With the humidity, the carpet felt damp and seemed to absorb sand and odor quite well. I have previously stayed in the David Intercontinental and the Crowne Plaza, which are very nice and more expensive, but in hind-sight I don't think the price that Prima charged was worth the quality we received. For 30% more, you can stay in a much nicer hotel. The staff was nice but I think the room features of the hotel need to be improved. The dining area of the hotel was a hight-light. It was very cute had a nice view of the sea.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jason H
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel when we came to see Madonna. Very centrally located opposite the Dan Hotel, where Madonna was staying. So close to the beach and all the action. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Internet is quite pricy. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ragatan
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed three nights in this hotel last week (June 23, 28th and 29th). The staff were wonderful; helpful, friendly, and open to all my questions. They arranged for me to get a taxi to Jerusalem at a reasonable rate. The taxi was excellent; clean, prompt, fast. The rooms are comfortable; the breakfasts superb -- food fresh, beautifully laid out, with a large selection of choices. For a hotel on the beach, I paid around $100 per night, which one can barely find in similarly situated hotels in other major cities. I recommend the Prima without reservation. Finally, I didn't pay anything for the internet, so there seems to be some misunderstanding about these fees (in another review).

Room Tip: I don't have a tip for chossing a good room. I suspect the rooms are quite similar among themsel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bettina658
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

First, the internet costs $17USD per day. I booked the hotel room and it said in my confirmation email that double occupancy was assumed. When I arrived, the manager told me that it would be an additional $70USD for my guest to stay even though the room already had two twin beds in it. I told her that the addition online was only $20 and she only became more aggressive. I ended up rebooking on kayak and paying the $20.

She was by far the nastiest hotel manager I have ever dealt with.

Finally, the lobby is quite nice, but the rooms are very dated with a disgusting carpet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Boca Raton FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

One of my Israeli friends told us about the Prima Hotel. They have several in major cities in Israel. I should have listened to her for all of them..I did do Tiberias (which I reviewed elsewhere) and Tel Aviv. It was great. Two people at reception: Lilach and Libi answered every question, and were proficiently multi lingual. Lilach is the manager and believe me she ran it well.
The whole staff attended to us. Breakfast was good. The people friendly,. Most amazing was the location: Directly next door to Dan Hotel and on the beach...I mean what more could you want for a medium priced hotel. The deal and service were unbelievale.
You walked out, crossed the street and were on the Promenade of the Mediterranean. The Promenade runs to the new seaport one way and to Old Jaffa the next. You could walk in beauty forever (a takeoff on the poet: She walks in beauty like the night) . It was cloudless climes and starry skies and a lovely bed in a delightful hotel. Ok..you get it. I liked it.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a window facing the sea. Sure they cost more though.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ejmmjm
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

The location is amazing.

Front desk was not very kind, just ok. The room is average, very small bathroom.
Breakfast is simple but with a nice view of the ocean.

The location is really amazing just one block from the beach.

And you have a delicious iraqui restaurant streets down the hotel.

Maybe I had an average experience because I arrived from a couple of days in Jordan and with really good hotels.

This was in January 2011, maybe things have changed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends