“Earned my points!”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #73 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Grand Beach hotel had definitely earned my rating points.
To admit, I did not expect very much because of the hotel relatively low rats for 3.5-4 stars hotel. I was pleasantly surprise immediately when I saw the streets of where the hotel is situated. Upon check in a very cute and smiling young lady with glasses assist us with all our questions. The premium room we booked was fantastic, Brand new decorated with worm colors, air con, free safe, very comfortable bed, clean and pleasant. At breakfast (which was complimentary) I found much more food then I expected, the salads were all fresh, very big assorted of cheese, and different kind of eggs and other dishes. I will surly be back on my next trip to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Evadison

Reviewed November 9, 2009

Attentive staffs, brilliant food, perfect location, clean, new& beautiful rooms.
Fantastic value for 3.5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HermanBA
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I really wanted to love this hotel, or at least to feel like we were getting value for money. I know that hotels are pricey in Tel Aviv, and I did a lot of research before deciding to spend 2 nights at the Grand Beach Hotel. The rate was $170 per night, and it seemed like a comparative bargain for a 4-star hotel. I'd read the mixed feedback, but also saw that the hotel had recently been renovated, so was willing to take the risk.

So to start with the positives, the breakfast was very good, and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. It had a great selection of typical Israeli breakfast foods-salads, cheeses etc.The staff was polite and accommodating, & the location was great-just a couple of blocks from the beach. While our room was fairly dated, I understand that some rooms have been renovated and I assume that we just didn't get one of these. The room was fairly spacious, and the bathroom was large and had a bathtub as well as a shower. We also had a partial ocean view, an unexpected surprise.

In terms of things that we didn't like about the hotel, the room cleaning service was spotty. For example the room was cleaned, and dirty towels were taken, but not replaced-leaving us without towels. Also, we were asked to prepay the 2 nights immediately upon arrival. This had not been communicated when I made the booking on booking.com. This was an issue as I had wanted to go to the bank and withdraw cash rather than paying with a credit card. I have made plenty of prepay reservations in the past, and have no problem with this whatsoever when it is communicated and it is a conscious decision that I make to get a better rate. The air conditioning did not work well. Although the weather was not particularly hot at the time of our stay, we found ourselves turning the air-conditioning unit all the way down to the minimum to try to cool down the room (10 degrees C-~50 degrees Fahrenheit), but even this didn't work as it remained too warm to sleep with even a sheet. It seemed as though the air conditioning unit was just a big fan. Also, there isn't a parking lot-not a big deal as there is one nearby, but in a 4-star hotel I would have expected the offer of valet parking, and/or a loading zone to be used during check-in.

Overall, the hotel was adequate, and if it had been a 3-star hotel, I might have rated it more highly. As it is, in the future I would either spend less and stay in a 3-star hotel, or spend a little bit extra, and stay in a 4-star hotel with 4-star amenities.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank empressa
Reviewed October 31, 2009

The hotel that made our vacation brilliant!

The hotel located in on of Tel Aviv best arrondissement The location is also very convenient and there is a 24/7 Grocery Just down the block from the hotel
The room was very clean and tidy with a modern bathroom and a comfortable bed ,air con and a free good size safe. We could see some of the sea from our room. The pool was very nice, big tanning surface with a gorgeous view. Breakfast was really good, we had lunch outside as there was lots of good restaurants on the hotel's street.We had a brilliant vacation in Tel Aviv as there is much to do and see, staying in the Grand Beach was perfect for our vacation perfect.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank HenryFer
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Stayed there for 1 weeks while on business. This hotel was rightfully recommended on some reviews on this site. The room was good size, kept very clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel’s complementary breakfast was very large and kept me going for the whole day. Small and intimate Business Center well equipped with coffee and delicacies. The hotel is idyllic for business people seeking for comfort and quite while doing their job.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AndiMai
Reviewed October 22, 2009

The hotel is centrally located in one of the main streets of Tel Aviv and close to everything. Even though the hotel located in a bustling area the room remained quiet inside. The hotel rooms are renovated and charming and the staffs are friendly and helpful.
Overall I’d say a great place to be as a tourist.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I simply can't fault this place. When we arrived earlier then check in time, our room wasn’t ready yet, but front desk staff was very helpful and nice and locked our luggage while we strolled Tel Aviv beach where we had Great Early breakfast. We had new stylish room with some view of the sea. We enjoyed the location and very much enjoyed the food and the waitress personal service. I felt that we have received very good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple