“Fantastic! ”
Review of Metropolitan Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #59 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I cannot see how the negative reviews I have seen come about. Well, maybe it was from years ago. Metropolitan Hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are large enough, very clean and well furnished. The bathroom even better. There's also fast wireless internet all over the hotel. I had a great view of the beach and enjoyed the cool sea breeze. The gym and pool are just great. There's a lot of variety in the breakfast. I also found the hotel staff to be most courteous and helpful. I won't stay any other place next time I'm in Tel Aviv. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Iraimaib

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Metropolitan hotel in Tel Aviv. The lobby is beautiful, large and welcoming. The location is excellent because it is just meters away from Ben Yehuda street, 2 minutes walk from the beach, 10-15 minutes walk from Nahalat Binyamin artists' market, Dizengoff Center and Kikar Dizengoff. There are 24-hours a day supermarkets all around. A great plus is that the hotel is high and that there are no higher buildings in close proximity. This allows enjoying a great view to the city or the sea. Finally, the breakfast is rich and the staff was kind to prepare for me daily gluten-free bread and soy milk due to my allergies. I appreciated this a lot and would be very happy to come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eldad D
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Centrally located, comfortable and very friendly and helpful staff, quite location. Internet access was provided although it was not exactly seamless. It was more than adequate for our purposes, checking out some of the sights, organising our airline seating for the return flight to Paris.

Room Tip: We were there to see Vermeer & Rembrandt exhibition at the Palazzo Fava. The room was perfect fo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel was being renovated. We stayed with a big group. Some people were on renovated floors I was not. Our hallway and room had a hint of kitty litter lingering in the air. The bathroom was a little gross. The hotel was conveniently located and the hotel staff was great, even calling the airline on my behalf when my bags got lost.

I checked in at the end of our trip. The renovated room was wonderful. The floor smelled a lot better. I would stay here again. Very convenient.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is ideally situated just a block and a half back from the beach. The hotel lobby has been renovated to a high standard but our room had seen better dates. The room was small and the bathroom even smaller, towels were very thin. The lifts were very slow and we couldn’t find any stairs to get us to or from the upper levels.

Breakfast was probably the least enticing of all our stays in Israel. The food was not presented well, very little variety and unappetizing, we were really disappointed. The breakfast area was not large enough, tables were close together and very little room between chairs.

Valentino at the front desk was super helpful, he went out of his way to allow us to stay until 8pm in our room at very little cost. The other staff were not so friendly but that, in our experience, was the norm in Israel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greatimes4ever
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed there for 5 days. It is really a nice hotel. Service is excellent! Front desk staff and restaurant staff are very helpful. The location was very good. We walked to the beach and shopping district. Tel Aviv is a beautiful and interesting city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was a nice and clean hotel but the room was very small. The staff was pleasant but always seemed a bit rushed. The breakfast and dinner served in the hotel was very good with lots of variety. It was hot in our room and when I went and told them the air conditioning wasn't working in our room I got a quick answer of "we don't have air conditioning here". I find that hard to believe when it gets so hot there. Very good location just 2 blocks to the sea. Good, fast and free internet.

Room Tip: Ask to not have a corner room....very small.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple