“magnificent service”
Review of Metropolitan Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #59 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My 89 year old father recently stayed here for a few days and the hotel could not have been more helpful, kind and considerate towards him. A special thank you to the General Manager Ariel Dov.
I would highly recommend this hotel which is very well situated right in the heart of Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in the hotel last month, I have been here many times before and was quite shocked by some of the not so good reviews. When I arrived at the hotel my room was not ready, this was my fault as I usually ley them know what time I would arrive.The receptionist was not at all helpful and maybe this is what people may have found. First impressions stick with you, they should be the most friendly and helpful. Moving on from that, the hotel offers modern rooms, refurbished, well equipped, clean modern bathrooms, views of the sea or city, very good food at breakfast with a large buffet, dinner is also of a very good quality. The area in front of the reception doubles up as a lounge area, because the hotel offices take up a lot of room, that one would normally expect would be a lounge or bar in a hotel of this size, this causes conjestion when large groups arrive. One would expect the offices to be on an upper level. They have a good size deck area, pool at first floor level, gym, sauna. Fre Wi Fi througout, The hotel is constantly being upgraded. Put this all together and this hotel offer a lot for the money. it position 100 yards from the beach is also a plus. On the whole I always fund the staff very friendly, helpful and compident. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floor are the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good all round hotel,rooms clean,public spaces spotless,food not too good but passable
Great place for being near the beach which was fab,and not overcrowded,
Cafe across the road was rubbish got hair in my sandwich,which the waitress said I had put there rubbish
But she said they supplied the hotel so be wares

Girls on desk very helpful,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

First of all a word or two about customer service in Israel. Most staff are either rude, non-committal or average at best - even the Russian staff employed here have this 'It is me who is doing you a favour' attitude.
Whoever is in charge of this training in Israel is not doing a good job at all. There are notable exceptions - but they really are exceptions. The night receptionist at this hotel is one exception and the staff at LALA Land on Gordon Beach are some others.
If you stay here insist on a refurbished room on the higher floors - these are clean and bright and although the bathrooms are small they are adequate for a short stay. The hotel is well located near to the beach and is equidistant from Jaffa and the Old Port.
Breakfast buffet style is fine with plenty of choice - try the range of cheeses and salads they are excellent. Coffee and tea are weak and lukewarm.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My group of 47 arrived on a Saturday afternoon. Went straight to the beach to soak my feet in the Mediterranean Sea. The waves were strong, surfers are enjoying themselves. We used the conference room for a meeting, it was clean and well equipped. The morning breakfast was great. The porters were diligent and did what they need to do as we had planned. We left at around 9:30am for our next destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room facing the beach for spectacular views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived late at this our first hotel on a tour of Israel and and wondered what we had let ourselves in for. Unfortunately we were placed near a very noisy service lift in the non renovated section of the hotel. Every time the lift passed our floor it gave a "ding" which to say the least was annoying. If you stay here insist on a room in the new section and well away from the lift area. Breakfast was only OK and the reception desk could improve their people skills. The best part of this hotel is the location near to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room away from the lift area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just returned from Metropolitan hotel in Israel. It was the final hotel on our 10day Highlights of Israel tour. It was very relaxing and quiet. We were on the top floors of the hotel, which I think has just had a refurb. We were really very impressed. The rooms were comfortable, clean and very spacious. The pool could do with a major overall but we did,nt fancy using it as the beaches were by far the best. Tel Aviv was a wonderful place to finish our tour of Israel which was by far one of the best touring holidays I have done. Everything was arranged and booked with www.holiday-designers.com. They were brilliant I can,t thank them enough for arranging this. I would,nt hesitate in using this company again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have had a refurb and were much better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends