“Unbeatable Location and Helpful Staff”
Review of Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Hayarkon 48 Hostel
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed in a room with our own shower and air conditioning unit. The room was very basic, but the hostel provided us with a great place to start exploring Tel Aviv. It was very straightforward to get to the hostel from the airport (the website provides clear directions) and the staff were great about answering all of our questions. The location - mere blocks away from from the beach - was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2010

This place was my first stop on my tour of Israel and probably my least favourite hostel that I stayed in. I never stay in hostels but as this trip was a budget trip I needed to save pennies for the rest of my holiday. The staff here were great and if you ask for another type of room or one that wasn't shared by some hunger over boys (in our case) they will happily change you to another room! The location was very good but the rooms were not air conditioned or had a fan and the place (and street outside) were very noisy. This hostel would be great for lone backpackers as it was very sociable and people were coming and going at all hours of the day and night. Unfortunately, the place just wasn't for me

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

When I traveled to Tel Aviv the first time in 2007, my good friend suggested me to go to this hostel. Since then I was 6 times in Tel Aviv, and every time I'm staying in Hayarkon 48 Hostel. The position is perfect (next to the sea and close to the center), the staff is very friendly. There is free WiFi access, cheap lockers, a big kitchen, an outside smoking area and a TV room (that was great for the World Cup 2010). Hopefully the roof terrace will be reopened soon after the renovation.
The reception is served 24h/24 and there are always cold drinks available for a reasonable price.
People from all around the world are staying there, so you have got the opportunity to meet people from everywhere.

In one sentence: go there, I'll do the same when I go back to Israel in October 2010 or in spring 2011 :)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed in this hostel for a night in June 2010.
From my impression of the hostel, some other reviews on tripadvisor about this hostel seem to be written by the staff to boost the reputation of the place.

Let me first state a few pros of this hostel:
1) it is centrally located, only one block from the beach
2) friendly young staff
3) free internet
4) rudimentary clean: clean floor, clean bed sheets, but smelly mattress.

On the negative side are some other quantities, like
1) non functioning windows, which could fall out any moment.
2) no elevator, only stairs
3) party life in some rooms lasts well into the wee hours
4) no breakfast
5) I payed 350 NIS for a night in single room without private bathroom. Which is relatively expensive, but I guess if you market it to US college students on the internet as the "coolest place in Tel Aviv" you could charge almost any price

It is an o.k. place to stay if you want to live next to the beach party or have no alternative because other places are full.
However, if you value quit, sleep friendly rooms, prefer breakfast and do not want to lift your luggage to the 3 floor, be sure to look for alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I stayed at Hayarkon in May and June of 2009 off and on and had a great time.

I was traveling alone and met and made some great friends. It is close to everything. the beach is SO CLOSE, pubs, bars, the market, food. The one thing to remember is when getting a room see if you can get one on a upper floor and not on the street side. But besides that a place I would go back to again.

The staff were fantastic, friendly always ready to help and offer advice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank adrom72
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Hayarkon Hostel is THE place to be in whole TLV!!! Great staff, great remembers, great people... Just one word : GOOOOO here!!!! I was with one of my best friend, and we wish come back ASAP! However, the situation of Hayarkon Hostel is JUST perfect : you are absoluty near from what you want ! Don't need a car or take bus!

So, can't hesitate : GOOOO, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I was recommended to go to Hayarkorn48 by a fellow traveller I met in Dahab, Sinai. I arrived late at night and was welcomed by two friendly and very informative receptionists who checked me in. Initially I had planned to stay for a week only, but the city is so buzzing, the hostel has prime location to the beach and trendy bars and cafès, shopping etc.- and the staff are just wonderful; all reasons that made me stay for an entire month. It is a homie place, it has a lot of capacity and therefore a constant flow of new travellers- while still maintaining the group the has stayed here on a long term basis.A great place to meet people. Now it's my second time in tlv and of course I am in Hayarkorn48 again.Wonderful to see happy, friendly familiar faces...looking forward to my 3rd visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo