“Loved it!!!”
Review of Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Hayarkon 48 Hostel
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I stayed in Hayarkon on and off for a few months. I loved the place, it was incredible being alone because it is so easy to meet new friends - I stayed for much longer than I planned! It is in a great area, close to the beach, pubs, bars, the market, food, etc, with a great price.
In response to the mixed reviews on this page, I would say that the hostel is for a particular type of person - if you are young, vibrant and ready to party - this is the place for you! If you are a bit older and spoilt, go somewhere more expensive with room service. The staff were fantastic, and as I was there for a long period of time they really made me feel welcome and at home, becoming good friends. There is also Roger the fish, who I named - he is sort of scary looking. The hostel is clean, with private showers that lock. All in all a fabulous place that I will miss very much!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emany12
There are newer reviews for Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Reviewed March 7, 2010

This hostel is right near the beach, and is also really close to Allenby Street, the main party street (so i hear) of Tel Aviv.
The staff is there for you 24 hours a day, and they were kind enough to give me info
on transportation, entertainment, etc...
The other travellers at the hostel were very cool and open too.
The beds are comfortable and the showers are clean so I really had no problems.
Good location, friendly people.
Very cheap when considering all the positives about this place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2010

The staff at Hayarkon 48 Hostel do really bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable and welcome, recommend you the best bars in town and are generally good fun. The hostel is clean and has a very useful common cooking area with large fridges to store groceries. It is only one block away from the beach and in the centre of everything, with an amazing food market nearby.

Having said this it is still a hostel, so you need to know what to expect. Dorms are for 4 - 8 people in bunk beds, so you will be woken up frequently during the night by people coming in from a late night out and switching the lights, shouting on the floors, etc. One night a couple shagged loudly in the bed opposite of me (no the dorms are not shared !) at which point I decided that I was too old for the hostel life. There are also some slightly creepy old men that live permanently in the hostel (dorms !).

So the place got a high flirt factor and comes highly recommended for everyone < 30. All others beware it's not making you feel your age and better consider to stay at a proper hotel.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2010

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at (and I've stayed at some nice ones Australia and NZ!). I was in a 5 person dorm room (all- girls) and the girls and I quickly bonded, so we would go out to eat and party together. I was very pleased with the high quality of the hostel given the low price- the front desk was friendly, beds were nice, hostel was CLEAN, and it was nice to have a free breakfast (even if it was bread, butter, and jam). The only downside was the building was getting renovated so there were no ocean views from the balcony. Nonetheless, I'm planning a return trip to Tel Aviv, and I know EXACTLY where I'll be staying!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Four of us stayed here over Christmas 2009. We stayed in a dorm, but since there were 4 of us we had a dorm room to ourselves. While the room was small, it was clean. When we checked out they had lockers we could rent (which even fit a large suitcase!), and we were able to hang out in the common rooms the rest of the day. Location is wonderful, a minute from the beach, right on several bus lines. The desk staff were extremely helpful, answering all our questions, giving great recommendations for local coffee shops/restaurants, and even calling my sister a cheap cab to the airport. All in all, I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I've stayed in this hostel 4-5 nights between 10/07-10/21 and I've had great time. I met lot of nice people and I thought the common room was pretty nice and the kitchen was decent. I stayed in a private which I thought was quite decent, but you can't really expect much out of a hostel. Do not believe a single negative word about the management, they're very nice and extremely helpful. They're very busy as people constantly check in and out. However, they will try to help you as much as they can and never were rude to me. I would definitely stay in this hostel when I go back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We booked this place for 2 nights in Tel Aviv at the end of our trip, and while this place definitely has some good points, it wasn't really what we were looking for. If you're a solo traveler, this may be a good option since there are loads of opportunities to meet people. However, it you want a bit of privacy and quiet, there is none here. The 5-bed room was super crowded and it was noisy until at least 4am. However, there are easy-to-use payphones in the lobby (you don't have to stand outside on the street), there is internet + wifi, laundry, lockers, books, etc. The location is excellent too, as the beach is about two blocks away. I don't think I would pay $25/bed/night though for the place . . .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends