“Perfect location for really good price”
Review of Hayarkon 48 Hostel

Hayarkon 48 Hostel
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hostel is very clean, the stuff is friendly and helpful all the time and the location only 100 m to the beach is perfect. My room was included a balcony.
If you arrive from airport, it´s very easy to go the hostel: Take train to station HaHagana and from there every 10-15 minutes a bus is going to opera tower (just around the corner).
In the price a small breakfast (coffee, tea, jam/chocolate cream on toast) is included. Also you have free WIFI in all rooms, a lot of bathrooms (no risk of traffic jam).

I would use it one more time if back in Tel Aviv!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 9, 2013

we were a group of 4 friends sharing a dormitory for the 4 of us. We choosed the place because of the photos of the rooms on the website, the only problem is that the rooms in the hostel are completely different from what they publicize. The room was dirty, the blanket too. We had shared facilities and the bathroom were not famous for their cleanessness.
the good thing is the people working there who were very friendly and helpfull.
They offer you for breakfast coffee and toasts.
The location is excellent close to the market and to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

here you can stay for the night very easy, due to the 24/7 service.
its directly on the beach and food in front of the hostel is good.
also possible to wash, relax and rent a bike.
Tlv is really a biking city.

the hostel has also history, good to know.
to me it was very nice to discover it was part of the palmach network.
one more reason to stay there.

from the hostel you can go (almost) evrywhere.
carmel market, sherut to central bus station, the sights and musea.

and its getting better evry time i visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed in Hayarkon for 3 nights. I was in room with balcony, which was great for breakfast and to hang around. The reception staff was really great, they show me places I should visit in Tel Aviv, told me what (not) to do and since I was there during Memorial Day I was briefed a little about Israeli history.

Hayarkon's location is awesome. It's next to the beach, with supermarket and public transport right around the corner. I was more than happy to stay there. After I left, I noticed I forgot something there, so I called to reception if they found it. They did, but I didn't have enough time to come back because my flight was leaving. They were so kind, that they send it to my country for free. Definitely one of the best services I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights 3 years ago. Just wanted to find a cheap double-room not far from the beach and found this hostel, famous among backpackers. We normally don't stay in hostels, but we were on an around the world tour including Israel and Palestine, so it was the best choice for our needs. Our en-suite room was wide enough for a couple with suitcases, had also a TV and AC in it. As far as I remember, we paid US$90 for it per night, which was one of the cheapest choices near the beach. It was clean and didn't get the noise (if they had any) from the main area, so we could sleep well. The reception staff was bilingual, very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again when I come back to Tel-Aviv.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eur0peankiwi
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a grat experience at this hostel. I was there for new years eve and stayed for several more days. I met a lot of great people here and it was very close to the beach. It was easy to walk to most places in Tel Aviv and there was a good Irish bar around the corner. The kitchen was good the only issue was that it was sometimes difficult to find seats to at. The dorms area little small, but overall not bad. They kept the bathrooms very clean as well. If you go to Tel Aviv I would highly recommend staying here, especially if you are looking to meet people.

Room Tip: I stayed in a couple of dorms which were a little tight, but good enough for most backpackers.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

hayarkon is a good place to stay at. it's quite clean, the rooms are okay, the staff is friendly and supportive, you can use the kitchen, the location is superpefect. i only think it's a little expensive. but there's really nothing you could complain about. i can recommend staying there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
H48, General Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Katharina, we are happy to enjoy your stay with us. We do try out best to make sure you will comfortable and satisfied. Hopefully we will see you again improved and renewed! Thank you for your review